[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - New T3 Geardiff installed

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 18:19:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New T3 Geardiff installed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 21:38:57 

I drived today!no oil leak!Fantastic!Thks XRAY!
Pier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 22:39:22 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 18:13:04 

I too faced the same issue with the rear being very hard to turn. when i can turn it the whole spur and layshaft turns together.

Is it we have to take out the plastic blade when using a 52mm? im running only negative 2 camber.

Regards
Calvin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 21:22:45 

So Alexander,If we use 52mm,which is the best camber to use?
Thks
Pier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 09:21:47 

I had my first 150 laps with the geardiff, feels excellent with no leaks. Running 700 oil on low-medium traction and I felt I had a lot more turn in than with the balldiff, but didn't notice more on-power steering. Anyway I see this as a huge success, same or a bit better performance and almost no maintenance.

Oh, and no problem with 52mm shafts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:50:46 

How much camber we can only use Alex?

Must we use with the plastic blade or without?

Thanks

Regards
Calvin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 21:58:45 

I drived today with my first geardiff ( 15 turns ),NO IOL LEAK!
FANTASTIC!!!!!

PS for Alexander Hagberg:How much camber we can only use with 52 mm?
Thks
Pier

Post subject: diff weight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 01:02:46 

I know some people think that being 10g lighter than the spec R is of no consequence due to the overall weight being still within the weight limit, but this is a ROTATING MASS.

In having a lower rotating mass the 'FLYWHEEL EFFECT' is reduced. LEt's remember that RC cars have motors that have a very high RPM.

As a result of this, a 1/3 reduction in weight of a diff should, theoretically, lead to faster spool up and stopping times. Not only that the power draw should be a bit less as well. If combined with lightweight spur gears, lightweight titanium pinions, and ceramic bearings and diff balls the reduction in the rotating mass becomes more noticeable.

I only ever recalled the effect with a brushed 19 turn motor on a car I had ceramic bearings and a lightweight pinion. Must say - it was totally wasted on me :wink:

If you are good enough, the lightweight will doubtless be a factor in performance consideration.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 18:25:11 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 18:25:26 

Hello Marek

Im running -2 degree at the rear with 52mm on the gear diff, when i lift the rear arms it got stuck and its not free to move. have even remove the anti-roll bar, but its still not moving. I do not have this problem when using a 50mm. What could be wrong? L1 and L2 i am putting on the inner top hole.

Thanks

Regards
Calvin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 22:59:43 

so try to sand a little the c plastics adapters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 15:39:55 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 22:40:16 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 15:00:18 

Hi Guys,

so it looks like I need to sand the blades (Guys, don't ever run with out the blades!)

I to have fitted a gear diff and can't run my 52mm drive shafts in my T311. The quick fix was to change to 50mm shafts. Others I know have not had a problem (but I have not had a chance to look at their cars.

Install problems aside the Diff is great! I ran a SpecR and ditched it after 1 run (it sprayed oil all over my car). The XRAY diff is simple to build, does not leak and works really well.

thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:02:07 
team driver

I always use between -1.5 and -2.0 degrees of rear camber. Also with the new diff fitted and 52mm shafts in the rear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 21:29:54 

Thks Alex!!!
See you in Germany at first ETS round ;)
Pier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 09:22:29 

Hello guys

I have figured out how to solve the problem, you don't even need to trim the blade.

I now use the Spring Steel UJ 52mm the brown one (took it from the original kit since i change ECS front). instead of the black aluminum 52mm.

Works like a charm and its even stronger than the aluminum ;)

That does the trick for me. I really love driving with the 52mm compare to 50mm which feels weird for me

Regards
Calvin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 15:50:22 

So 52mm is sometimes not 52mm just 51 ? hmm...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 06:02:49 

If I am understanding this right, the gear diff will behave much like a ball diff. The difference is there is no chance of slipping with a gear and you have to change the fluid to tune it. The benefit of the ball diff is it is easier to adjust.

So...on a budget, I can use the ball diff that came with the kit an get close to the same results...right? Then I can get the gear diff and put that in the back and move the ball diff to the front. I like a diff in the front to as it fit my driving style bit better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 22:20:15 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next