[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants YOU!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 09:49:55

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants YOU!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 02:38:20 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 14:22:55 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 05:55:10 

I run a 009 euro

5 things i like about the car
-durable
-easy to setup (kit setup works very well)
-includes adjustable toe and castor blocks
-no need to have shims in your tool box
-well thought out (ex. steel front cvd's and rear alu cvd's.)

things i'd like to see
-narrow lipo chassis
-gear diff
-aluminum shocks included in the kit
-not related to xray, but lo profile motors so the motor doesn't hang so far off the new narrow lipo chassis's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 03:47:25 

Wow great to see a company ask it's customers what they want. That's great Xray!

Many Great things;
1.quality/parts finish
2.attention to every part feature
3.designed around making it easier to work on and tune.
4.sleek layout with current servo position.
5.strong and great handling TC.
6.covered diffs are best ever
7.CVD axles are great design. Light weight.
8.quality aluminum used
9.3mm shock towers
10.shock mounting system

Few things I would improve and change;
1.put the tie rods on the bulkheads
2.remove the hinge pin holders and use the current design trend.
3.gray hard coated shock bodies with the ability to use the clickers. As difficult as it would be, it would really put Xray ahead of it's competition. The clickers are great. Reduce cost somewhere else to allow this change. Although $500 is as high as I will go on a TC.
4.remove stand offs for the Euro edition and design the upper deck size, thickness, to allow flex.
5.stronger/vertical motor mount screws
6.improved belts. Losi XXX-S blue belt material had great flex and less stretch. They are not bad, but could be improved.
7.aluminum servo saver.
8.titanium tie rods.
9. Ditch the orange and go back to the natural aluminum color, it's cheaper, and looks more tech. The black diffs and cvds are great.
10.hard coated aluminum shock mounting balls

I would rather ditch anything to reduce the kit costs and be able to add the other above options. Other fluff things like tools, diff lube, grease, booklets I could do without. Going to Ball cups with molded holes in the top would be a plus as well and may reduce costs.

Xray makes great cars and I'm just nitpicking to death, but these things would make a great car into a perfect one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 14:03:29 

Hello,

I m new on this forum and the t3'11 is my first xray.

I ran a lot of tc in the past like cyclone tc, ae tc5, tam416x lipo.

Yesterday was the first 200laps with my new t3, during the building i was disapointed about few things on the t3 like :

Discovering the plastic shock in the box...
And the space available for electronics!!

But i was impressed by the quality of the car...
As i said, i builded a lot of cars, onroad, offroad 1/8 1/10 but, the xray plastic is very nice and smooth for example the arms and c-hub...

All are free and dont need to ream as other brand they are jammed!!

This is a very good point.

I liked the cvd too, good steek, good quality, bearing are free they are amazing..

(in 200laps yesterday i only broke spur shaft bearings)

So, what i want to change in my t3?

There is few idea:

First of all, new shock, not only alu, COMPLETLY NEW!
In fact, my first 50laps, i ran with the stock shock, plastic with 3holes pistons both.
After 25laps, plastic shock body heating and oil come more thin... And handling change...
Fastest lap : 8.667

The shop on the track have fortunately the xray alu shock and i get and started to buil with the same config.
50laps later , my fastest was : 8.458 ...

And for fun, i wanted to try my tam shock from my 416x... Same oil config and piston...

Fastest... 8.222

Record of the track... 8.179

Back again with the plastic shock and i cant lowered my fastestlap...8.490...

So for me the shock be the big black point on my t3.

Another thing where xray can inove on the new sedan generation is the steering rack...
I know the new steering rack is an improvement of the old one, the cinematic is the same.

So i think the next big improvement of the stering rack be the ae tc3 style, it give more smoothest steering.

But for me the orientation of the servo position dosent matter

Gear diff dosent matter, because it dosent improve the handling, it only be more durable.

About cvd, i really liked the new cvd from the new kyosho with 6balls instead of the pin shaft... They dont improve a lot the handling but they are a lot more efficient and allow a better corner speed.

In the end, my things about the next gen of sedan need to have a machined chassis or like the new yokomo 2.5mm chassis for a better flex control and an alu machined top deck in vertical position connected to the bulkhead and removing the tweak problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 17:33:46 

Hi all, also new to this forum..

I have recently returned to RC. My first xray car was the T1 I drove at the worlds in South Africa, which took preference over the tc3 I had been racing on foam tires. I bought a t3 this year in July as my car to return to the sport (i wish i had known the t3 '11 was coming :P), I love the car...
1.) response to camberlink changes is better than I've experienced before
2.) diffs are the best I have come across, and require the least maintenance of all the diffs I see at any level of racing here in SA(South Africa)
3.)ease of balancing the car
4.)diff height adjustment
5.) xray's flex adjustments
6.) new thin membranes for the shocks(although I haven't used them yet, I can see how they would help)

possible changes :

1.) alu shocks in the kit!!
2.) drive pins in the cvd with flat spots (the front ones tend to come out often, although this may be due to the extra load from foam tires?) I have resolved this issue for now with some lock-tight on the grub screw, although i dont believe its a good place for glue to be in the car... High possibility of causing unnecessary binding
3.) possibly bulk head mounted camberlinks, where all changes could be made by shimming the camberlink on either side of it
4.) lipo configuration one-way (although there may be one for the t3'11?)
5.) ecs drive shafts in the kit, perhaps abandon the normal front cvd's all together
6.) transponder mount, perhaps a cutout in the front bumper?
7.)easier balancing of weight front to rear (perhaps just two holes for the hudy balancing pins)

I look forward to further developments (and my t3 '11 :lol: ) having just returned to racing, and being one of 2 xrays in the modified A-final here, we will be looking at some podiums next year :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 07:44:20 

I'd like to see the current T3'11 chassis made available with the option to run the old steering bellcrank as another tuning variant.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 03:30:38 

Like:
1. Quality
2. Durability to both impact and wear (except belts)
3. Kit setup = awesome!
4. Responds to setup changes
5. Centred servo

Dislike:
1. Color - you don't see orange Mercedes', how about black alloy parts for T3'12 for that fast luxury look?
2. CVD pins - why do they fall out so easily, flat spotted ones should be standard, or move to a retainer setup
3. Belts wear out way too fast
4. Shocks - alloys should be standard
5. No xray gear diff, had to mod an NT1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 23:15:32 

xray t2

like:
1.great overall car
2.great quality parts
3.really smooth drivetrain
4.flex ajustability
5.loads of option parts

dislike:
1.everything seems to be very expensive
2.outdrives break really easily
3.some parts are diffucult to get (dont know if thats ur fault)
4.threads in plastic wear away VERY easily
5.driveshafts pins always fall out (probably my fault)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 18:04:20 

last year i was driving t2 009 now T3 11

For t3 11

Overall finish
strong suspention
lipo chassis
ball diff

dislike

Hard to make good set for non pro drivers
small place to electronics (i made own hole in chassis and mount servo like tamiya or tcx)
alu shocks not in std.
upper deck (so wide)
so thick chassis. (2.2 mm should be good with holes in chassis like yokomo bd5)

But car is still great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 20:50:43 

I like:
-good quality
-responsive for set up changes
-car is easy to set
-car makes me smile when i work on him

I do not like:
-there is not enough space to move motor forward
-main plate is not wide enough
-not enough space to move lipo outside

but in overall car is awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 06:02:31 

2. Quality of Materials
3. Fit and Finish

Improvements:
1. Shocks - time for an update, not a highlight of the kit and I believe one of the only kits with plastic shock bodies.
2. Top Deck - allow clearance for non beveled motor cans - giving full range of adjustment instead of hitting the top deck in the rear position.
3. Battery Placement - allow for movement, adjustable forward/back as well as left to right.
4. Servo Position - allow for both servo stands to be directly bolted to the chasis if going with the 90 degree rotation that is now common.
5. Ditch the plastic shims in the kit, go for aluminum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 16:04:34 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41:49 

i think everyone is asking for new shocks/bodies thats what it needs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 14:00:58 

and as Bytestream wrote we need more battery movemant
and what i really would like to have is more movemant of motor to forword

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 20:31:23 

-the rear lower shock mounts does not clear foam tires without an offset, not even on the foam arms

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 20:33:02 

Shocks is not long enough when wheels are small, around 58mm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 21:03:41 

I think that they should make low profile upper bulkhead clamps where the mounts are a mm or 2 lower then they are now, for a wider range of adjustment, as well as the capability to go lower then the L roll centers.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 13:22:24 

Post subject: Well here goes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 00:41:40 

I am sure you've heard this before, but here goes:

1. Whilst I can actually get them consistent, and quite like them, GET RID OF THE PLASTIC SHOCKS, you cannot be serious man!!!!!!!!!!! Shocks that come as standard with: TOP, Tamiya, Schumacher, Hot Bodies, Yokomo, and Associated are a lot better, and far easier to get consistent;

2. I once had a Cyclone, and must say, I loved the fact it came with three front, and three rear roll bars. At least an option bar with the kit;

3. an extra set of springs - ie. 2.8 would be very helpful;

4. ECS driveshafts as standard would be very nice...

5. don't update the car every year - bi-annual would be better, with update packs

6. Associated make a 'slipper spool' which I think is an absolutely excellent idea personally.

7. I personally hate the lower suspension holders on the car. I've never done a race/qualifying session, after which I have not had to tighten them, and push the wishbones together so as there is no play. I appreciate the ease of adjustment for track width, castor, camber, roll centre etc etc etc - but I have found that the car is so good that these don't need to be altered much, if at all from kit setting. the TAmiya/Yokomo/Hot Bodies system is simply better in this regard IMHO.

8. PLEASE GO BACK TO SILVER - far cooler than orange

I haven't used the gear diff yet, so I ain't gonna say if I reckon it ought to come with the car or not.

I will say that I buy XRAY for the following reasons:

1. Superb carbon fibre;
2. the best plastics in the business;
3. smooth diff;
4. solid alloy;
5. BRILLIANT TEAM SUPPORT ON THE FORUM - WITH GENUINE TEAM CONTRIBUTIONS
6. The base set up for Xray cars always seem to work pretty damn well - unlike most other chassis kits on the market.
7. Xray make a car that as a result of the quality, is in fact the best club car, coz it's robust - that means that parts don't break, and it's a lot cheaper over a season.

Lohan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next