[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:34:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:45:44 
team driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 18:54:50 

Paul, you refer me to an online shop in Europe that sells your own traction compound mix, the LG1 and LG2?

Regards
Anders

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 15:56:26 

hi, paul~
under what situation you will use front gear diff?

thx~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 18:14:19 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 18:18:11 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 13:58:17 

because diff on front it makes your car diving into a corner
and its slowing down a little bit when you are turning so you can brake later
its good for every track

personaly,i love diff on front!
i ride in prostock(13.5r with no veriable timing)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 01:38:05 

As Paul said, for modified front diff isn't good option at all tracks but for stock classes it is :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 09:30:10 

Hi Paul

Just wanted to invite you over to New Zealand and try your hand at RC Stockcar. If anything was a sure fire test for durabilty of the T3 , this is it. I have used my T3 for 5 race meetings and it has taken unbelievable punishment and yet the only thing i broke was a spur gear , due to the motor screws not being thread locked in. I am leading the series with one meeting left. Also placed 3rd at the NZ Stockcar GP. Most people are running Tamiya tt01 because of cheap parts. But i like to do things differently and have raced xray in touring cars.

Basicly the class rules are , doner chassis must be 1/10th scale open to anything. motors have to be brushed , no higher then 23 turn, batterys must be nimh , open capacity. open wheels and tyres, open speedos. car must have steal outer chassis. minium total weight , 2.5kg max 4.5kg. Must resemble full size stockcar. Minimum outer chassis ride height 20mm.

Thats a rough breakdown anyway. These things race on a smooth concrete oval track , or smooth polished wood floor for national events. full fenced inside and out with steel. Full contact 3 minute races. races only stoped if batteries come out. Cars are rolled and take massive hits and some dont finish races but must remain on the track until race is over.

I am running ecs driveshafts, front and rear geared diffs, (that may answer the last question, when is a good time to use front gear diff, when racing rc stockcar , thats when lol) Tekin Rs Speedo , Tamiya Rz motor. 3300 mah nimhs batteries. HPI xpattern rubbers, Steel chassis , 3mm thick alloy base plate.

I have included some photos for ya to have a look at. Theres videos here and there on youtube aswell

Cheers
Dion
Wanganui
New Zealand

Attachments:
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 26.9 KiB | Viewed 8351 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 24.26 KiB | Viewed 8351 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 18.62 KiB | Viewed 8351 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 09:50:36 

heres a couple other photos

and some links of club racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRHDW3-NPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-kJLLC ... re=related
enjoy

Attachments:
DSC00183.jpg
DSC00183.jpg [ 171.98 KiB | Viewed 8351 times ]
rsz_img_0263.jpg
rsz_img_0263.jpg [ 140.66 KiB | Viewed 8351 times ]
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg [ 99.42 KiB | Viewed 8351 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 19:32:13 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 19:33:50 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 19:38:23 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 22:58:37 

Hi Paul,

I see alot of set up sheets with thicker oil in the front shocks, why is this ? I've only really used the Xray 450cst on carpet and asphalt, but would like to try some different weights. What oil(s) do you recommend as a starting point for carpet and asphalt ? and when do I need to go thinner or thicker and front or back ?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 18:14:25 
team driver

Post subject: Plastic shocks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 20:33:06 

Dear Paul

You, amongst all the team drives are somewhat unique in using the plastic shock absorbers.

I am just curious as to why you keep using the plastic shocks, when, as a team driver, you can get the alloy ones.

BTW I can get the alloy ones, but I get by perfectly well with the plastic items - my reasoning, albeit probably wrong, is that they are in fact lighter in weight, so there's a lower unsprung weight.

thanks

Lohan

Post subject: Re: Plastic shocks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 16:05:59 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 23:15:02 

thnx - nice to know I'm not the only one who likes the plastic shocks.

I can build them quite well with my shock pump, and have two sets of them, so I have different weight oils in them.

Cheers for your time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 02:43:08 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 21:18:16 

Hi Paul, I know you are busy and this may be a bit to chew on but I am new to the touring car world and looking for some advice.

The track I mainly run at is grey indoor carpet (non RC specific) and is very small. It is a very technical track due to the size. Most lanes are only around 2.5 feet wide and the track ends up having lots of 180 degree turns. The outer dimensions are 60' by 30'.

Here is a video a fellow racer shot that kinda highlights how small the track is. We run rubber tires and 17.5 spec motors. Kinda looking for some good starting spots as i was just going to start with the basic setup sheet provided in the kit and then go from there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Breteni1?bl ... 4chGLGMWSc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:42:12 
team driver

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next