[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Team Xray UK Support at BTCC West London

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 23:15:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Team Xray UK Support at BTCC West London
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 04:54:10 

The Xray UK Team will be on hand to help any of you with Setup and answer any questions you have about the car etc on Saturday and Sunday.

Make sure you come over and say hi to us =)

We also have a very good starting setup available on a sheet. We will also be making updates to it throughout the weekend if need be ;)

See you at West London :D

Stefan Chodzynski - Team Xray/Rc Disco =)

Post subject: Re: Team Xray UK Support at BTCC West London
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:12:18 

Hi,

Will you be putting the sheets up on here ?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 16:51:21 

So guys, how did it go?

Sadly I was racing in Kent to couln't be there.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 13:52:51 

Hey guys,

The weekend went fairly well for the team as a whole.

We tested many different things with the car and tyre prep and I will be filling out a setup sheet with what most of us ended up on shortly.

Results wise we had Ryan Edwards and Chris Neff finish 2nd and 3rd in the Prostock class and myself finish 6th in Modified.

We also had Domanic Carter, Stefan Chodzynski and Jonny Robinson in the Modified B final, all showing good pace but just not having the luck in what was a pretty tight Qualifying.

We found our car seemed to work better when the track was cooler, in the last final I came from 9th on the grid to finish 3rd, just 3 seconds behind race winner and TQ man Olly Jefferies.

So we need to work on making the car quicker in the middle of the day when the conditions were much hotter.

If anyone has any questions regarding the weekend and the setup we ended up, feel free to ask.

All the best,

Phil Chambers.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 21:45:55 

How did you find the tyres lasting?

First run Sorex 32's used to be a big advantage but now it seems that they are slightly worse on a first run.

In 13.5 we run one set all day and at the last meeting I got my fastest lap, 15.29 (running 13.5), in the last final of the the day.

How different were the setups between the classes?

Skiddins

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 21:55:11 

We are running the Sorex32's here in Holland too in our national championship , i found the traction was the same all day

My fastest lap was in the morning on new tyres (18.200) but the last final i still did good lap times (18.350)

We are running 0 timing 13.5 class but i find this is still quite hard on the tyres due to the torque the motor has\

My car was the best it has EVER been i could put it where i wanted no problems just driver let the chassis down :lol: :lol:

My set up is here

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 00:31:56 

I found the tyres lasted well.

Brand new they were decent, very stable and good traction, but they were best after 1 run (Or extremely good if you just do half a run or so). I think they seem to like 1 additive cycle to get some oils into the tyre.

Il hopefully be at West London sunday again trying some new setup ideas I didn't get to try at the BTCC

Here is Phil Chambers Setup from the weekend xform/index.php?act=view&ID=406&setup=t3_2011

:)

Stef

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 01:10:12 

Whats the reason for the 2mm on the front camber link as opposed to the kit setup of 1mm?
Is that for more initial or more mid corner?

Skiddins

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 07:28:07 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:42:57 

This Made the car a little easier to drive initially on the steering and then gave us more on power steering :)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:38:56 

The 'Basic Set Up Sheet' now shows the H1+H2 with 2mm shim.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 13:46:23 

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input.

Sidecarphil,

I took a look at your setup... It doesnt look to different to what we were running, so I think our issues were with specific track conditions and tyre prep. I'm glad to hear your car is going awesome! goodluck in your next race :).

Skiddins,

My tyres were lasting very well!, I found them best on their first run (more stable!) but the laptimes were effected a lot more with the changing track temperature than the age of the tyres!

At West London I dont think the cornering speeds are much different between Mod and Prostock, so we all ended up on a similar setup. Perhaps in Mod you need a little more highspeed/entry steering than in prostock, I guess it all depends on your driving style.... Its a lot easier to overshoot corners and spin up tyres in Mod though!

We were running 2mm on the C-hub and 1mm under the inner link (same as H)... This keeps the angle of the link the same as with the kit setup, although it sits 1mm higher overall. In my opinion this makes the car smoother on entry and gives more mid corner traction (Steering).

If you were to add 1mm to the C-hub on its own, this angles the link and raises the initial rollcentre... In my opinion this makes the car turn in harder on corner entry.

I hope this answers your question.

All the best,

Phil Chambers.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 20:36:47 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 02:02:30 

Haha!! Its actually blank still, Il unlock it when Iv'e filled it out.

The main change I made was raising the roll centres by 0.4mm. I found this gave more corner speed especially round the sweeper.

Other than that no major changes. Although friday night would be a good time to ask me again after Iv'e gone through the whole "Lets try something crazy for practice" :P

Stef

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 15:06:23 

This was the track we were on about for those that want to compare with their own;

West London BRCA National