[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY RX8 ---- General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:24:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: XRAY RX8 ---- General Forum
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03:38 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 13:26:46 

ok :mrgreen:

Attachments:
rx8_shipping.JPG
rx8_shipping.JPG [ 42.22 KiB | Viewed 22997 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 07:58:04 

hope soon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 19:08:50 

I was able to watch over Ralph's shoulder this past week as he was building his new car for the Worlds. This was a production kit XRAY sent over ahead of our shipment so they could be ready to rock next week. Very impressive!! Ralph has probably built more XRAY kits than any one I know, and even he was impressed by the way the RX8 goes together. The prototype kits went together as well as most finished kits, but the production car is even better. Everything is tight and smooth, very little slop. The drivetrain is SMOOTH. Even with brand new belts and pretty high tension, it is very free. I think everyone waiting for this one will be impressed! Juraj and the XRAY team did their homework!

I will try to get some build tips from Ralph before he heads to Florida for the Worlds. Our kits are in transit and may arrive during the race, so I hope to have that info before they leave so you don't have to wait for their return to build up your cars!

- Bryan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 18:05:56 

Hi..

Where to get the setup for rx8? setup book not in box! :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 18:29:47 
team driver

Hi,

you can download set up sheet here:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/produc ... 0&catName=

I am working on the set up book right now, I hope I will finished ASAP after I come from the worlds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 20:52:35 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 23:25:56 

Hi, Can anyone tell how to solve the clutch shoe problem?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 09:06:32 

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11352

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 09:32:36 

a good option is the black hard clutch spring from xray. i used it in the last race with good results.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 15:45:06 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 04:56:21 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 04:57:55 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 09:35:01 

HI everyone, this post is for xray and just let them know that some of there Kits are coming out of the factory with defects parts, for example, my rear lower left arm is not centred correctly, the entrance for the lower pin to go through the rear lower left arm is elongated and also the centre of the that arm on the outside of the moulding has divots on it. also the rear right top arm & pillow ball does not line up straight onto the top thread of the upright. i don't know if this from the roll adjustable spacers not being true centre, but i am getting slight binding on the right side when i connect the rear top arm. but when i disconnect that same arm, the lower arms move freely again, and this all with the sway bar connected.

also with that rear left lower arm being defective, when i change the spacers to lower the lower arms closer to the chassis, that same rear left lower arm rubs on the chassis, trusty old dremmel came to the rescue again..i had to grind around the arm to make it move freely,

like i said its for xray to make sure there products come out of factory perfect, other then that i did drive the car on the weekend for the first time with these issues and the car did feel awesome, except for the arm binding causing the car to step out under brakes a little, but i still really enjoyed the feel of the car, now time to start putting a set up on it and fly!!!

i have notified the Australian importer and he was nice enough and allow me to go to his warehouse and change the parts over with new ones. Now that is customer service for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 21:57:29 

Hello,

as most people know there're engines with different distances from side-to-side regarding their mounting holes. Instead of drilling around on a new engine, it would be better to ship the RX8 without engine mounts that need to be ordered separately. (Those are two-piece mounts ... why there's a problem?) Producing two different sorts of mounts could be done quite fastly, as just a simple modification in the programming for the CNC for the second sort would be needed. Same story as on the tyre truers where you need to buy 'your' adapter - and that's fully ok.

Regards,
Green Wing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 00:11:26 

I believe the 3.5cc racing engines have all the same mounting messurements. Only non racing brands like Force have different mounting holes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 14:58:54 

Actually, some real great engines like O.S., Sirio, Orion and Picco, just to name a few, have different distances, but the same between them. There're different mounts for the buggy and that would be good for onroad, too.

PS: Does the RX8 have rear upstop? I prefer upstop over O-rings under the shocks.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 09:51:09 

Hi Guys,

New here, and am about to order an RX8 2013.

Any particular things i need to know or pay attention to please ?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 15:56:56 

* BUMP *

Anyone please ?

Greetz,
Christoph

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 06:44:40 

I like to find information on this site because it has good content. And update the data throughout