[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - UK Nationals 2011

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 23:17:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: UK Nationals 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 13:35:05 

Do Xray have a team for the 2011 UK nationals? Do Xray have many UK TC drivers?

or are Xray drivers going under-cover?

Post subject: Re: UK Nationals 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 22:40:45 

There are a few drivers, I'm one, although a privateer.

Ask RCdisco (UK Distributor) who it's team drivers are.
I seem to recall Phil Chambers was one of the top guys in Mod I believe.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:28:11 

Yeah we have a team, it's fairly small this season

In modified: Phil Chambers, Stefan Chodzynski and myself

In Pro-Stock: Ryan Edwards, Dominic Carter and a few other young guys.

Me, Stefan and Phil will be there this weekend at Moto Arena, feel free to come over and have a chat. I'm sure we will be able to help out :)

Jonny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 13:30:29 

Hi, I am Chris Neff a Team Driver for RcDisco with an Xray t3-11 in 10.5 along with Ryan Edwards , I am sure Domanic Carter is running in Mods this year. I will be doing Brca-Tc and Btcc events. Look for the Xray tent. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 23:48:50 

As Jonny said, our team this year in the UK isnt the biggest but we have all gelled really well over the last year and I think this year Xray are going to be a very strong force at the nationals in both classes :)

We had a strong showing at Moto arena this weekend :)

Last year with the T3 we had some great results and the T3'11 has now really put us on the map especially with the latest hop ups :wink:

Stef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 18:33:02 

Hi Reuben,

RCDisco are working on a team driver section for their website. Hopefully this will be completed soon so everyone knows who the team drivers are.

As others have stated we have the following guys who compete at top level at the nationals:-

Modified: Phil Chambers, Stefan Chodzynski, Jonny Robinson & Domanic Carter

Prostock: Ryan Edwards & Chris Neff (we may have a few more prostock drivers)

Everyone on the team is extremely helpful :D If you need any setup tips or are struggling for parts just come over for a chat. The team will be in attendance at all the BRCA nationals and BTCC rounds, look for the XRAY/HUDY teamwear and XRAY gazebos.

Most of us will be testing at the national tracks a couple of times before each meeting. We will be putting together a starting setup sheet for each track, which will be made available to anyone who owns an XRAY car both on this forum and at the track.

Hope to see you trackside,

Phil.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 19:43:53 

Would any of the drivers who raced on Sunday care to share their setup?
When I ran 13.5 in the BRCA winter event over Christmas my car was great, but when I ran the same setup on Sunday it was a bit poo despite the track being similar temps.
I'll admit I was in 10.5 on Sunday, but I was only about 0.1s faster than my 13.5 time from the week before (STCC)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 20:06:19 

ill make sure to pop over at West London. :D

My first year nationals this year, so I thought ide attempt modified.

I struggled with grip levels on sunday tbh, and either made the car unpredictable but quicker over a lap, or if i made it more consistent it was slower over a lap (tended to bog down mid corner and push). But I wasnt to bothered about chasing a faster setup as I was trying to get some race practice in with the power delivery of Mod as it was my first time running Mod. 13.5 is the motor of choice at my local track.

but still ill come say hi, ill probably be in a RCLazy hoody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 20:26:56 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 02:06:01 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 21:33:29 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 01:38:29 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 17:01:17 

3mm above the C hub compared to 1mm will make the car smoother to drive and less aggressive. The anti dive was a huge benefit mid corner where it prevented the car from wanting to over rotate. Im going to leave it on for West London and see how it goes but it may reduce mid corner steering a little too much. Saying that tho I had enough steering at Moto Arena with it :)

Stef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 17:25:18 

Thanks

The new surface at West London is similar to Moto-Arena's, but obviously theirs doesn't weather.

Halfway through the day we get the squealing tyres just like MA

Skiddins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 21:38:15 

Evening guys,

I have filled in a setup sheet from the West London Summer series at the weekend. It shows the setup which I ended up on, plus a few ideas for next time. Myself, Stefan Chodzynski and Jonny Robinson were present at the meeting and tested plenty of different setup ideas between us.

It was the teams first outdoor meeting with the 2011 car and it was hugely positive! I had a few teething problems in the first 2 runs (using the rotated servo position), but once this was setup correctly, the car was very impressive! In the 3rd and 4th runs I easily achieved consistant runs (2 tenths between fastest and average laps).

Please feel free to ask any questions about this setup and the car. The UK team is going to be working extremely hard this season, not only to place highly in the nationals, but also to focus on helping every XRAY driver get the best out of their car.

All the best,

Phil Chambers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 21:57:37 

Hi,

what would you say the HPi springs you used are equivalent too on the Xray's ?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 22:22:00 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 00:45:41 

I think that when measured the HPI springs are a bit harder than people think.
I've been suing the following;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 21:19:14 

Interesting table there Skiddins.

I have always used the ratings given by maufacturers / measured by other people as a very rough guide and gone with how the springs feel on the track.

Through extensive testing at many different tracks I have found the XRAY 2.8/2.6 to be very similar in performance to HPI Pink/Silver on the track, therefore this would be the advice I would pass on instead of relying on measured ratings from a number of different sources.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 14:20:06 

Hey guys,

I'd like to keep this thread going, It would be nice to hear from anyone running an XRAY at the UK nationals this season. The team will be in attendance at all the BRCA and BTCC meetings, along with most of the club meetings/test sessions beforehand.

If you need any help with parts, setup, advice etc, please feel free to ask on here or come over to the XRAY pits for a chat. Everyone on the team is very friendly and approachable and will be more than willing to spend some time with you.

I will continue to post our findings and setup sheets on this forum so you can all see how we run the car at each of the tracks. I will start off by posting what would be my starting setup for this weekends BRCA national at West London. Unfortunately I won't be in attendance myself, but the rest of the team will be on hand to help out.

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=406&setup=t3_2011

Hope this helps guys, I look forward to hearing from everyone.

All the best,

Phil Chambers.