[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XT8 Adjustable Engine Mount does not seem to fit chassis..

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 04:32:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XT8 Adjustable Engine Mount does not seem to fit chassis..
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 15:17:25 

Hello,
I recently bought an XRay XT8 2009 kit. I decided I would upgrade to the adjustable engine mount. I have an OS .28XZ engine so went for part #358713.

This is the part that was listed on the Team XRay website under optional parts for the XT8 and also on A Main Hobbies it lists it as being compatible with the XRay XT8. "Great!" I thought, this must be the right part for my truggy and my engine.

It turned up this week and I was just about to fit it.

The holes line up with the OS engine, good start I thought.

Then I went to fit it onto the chassis..

Woah.. what.. hang on, the holes don't seem to line up at all, they are miles off!

I've attached some pictures. First shows where it needs to sit for the engine to line up with the gear.

Next shows it moved over so you can see where the holes are in the chassis.

They are nowhere near where they should be..

The mounts that come with the kit line up fine, what is going on with the adjustable engine mount?!

I even tried it backwards to see and the holes are nowhere near right backwards either.. There are no other holes underneath the mount that are not visible, all holes are through and can be seen in the pictures.

WTF?

Has anyone else had this problem? It just seems so wrong I must have the wrong part yet the XRay website tells me it's what I want.

I also notice that the chassis does not have the forward hole drilled either, which is the least of the worries at the moment.

Maybe I could drill holes in the chassis but I see two problems with that: 1) The holes should be slots like the existing holes such that the mount can be adjusted just right on the chassis and then bolted into position. I don't see myself being able to do this neatly without a mill. 2) Even if I drilled holes, again I would need a mill to allow the bolt heads to sit a little lower like the existing holes to avoid the bolt heads getting bashed too much, not as big a deal as 1).

However, I don't think XRay would be selling a part they say is right and then requires machining the chassis to make it fit.

Thanks for any information.. and yes, it's April 1st but I'm pretty sure it's not some elaborate hoax they are playing on me!

David

Attachments:
XT8-AdjustableEngineMount-00.jpg
XT8-AdjustableEngineMount-00.jpg [ 146.78 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]
XT8-AdjustableEngineMount-01.jpg
XT8-AdjustableEngineMount-01.jpg [ 155.61 KiB | Viewed 2786 times ]

Post subject: Re: XT8 Adjustable Engine Mount does not seem to fit chassis
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 16:24:41 

If that is the 09 Spec Truggy you will need the 808 engine mount two piece. You have perchased the one for the 2008 model XT8 I went through the same problem.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 16:47:57 

Hello,
Thanks for the response.

Hmm that is frustrating that the XRay website lists the part I bought as an option for the XT8 2009 spec..

Do you happen to know if this is the correct part number I need

which is the engine mount base and

358719 for the OS mount to attach to it.

I thought the other mount was expensive, this one is even more! Maybe that's why they've split up the two parts...

What a pain, return international freight and waiting another 1-2 weeks for the replacement..

Thanks for your help,
David

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 02:43:23 

David

I just sold mine on Ebay and then ordered the replacement was quicker than waiting for the post.

You will need this one

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... Mount-Base

And these

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... ion-LRP-OS

Also i have used the King Headz one as well great quality and slightly cheaper..Now you can also use your top halves that go on the engine that you have now but will be a different color than what you will get..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 03:23:32 

Thanks, those were the two parts I had added to my cart already, so good to get confirmation.

I was just going to buy them and return the other part separately. The bit that sucks is the international shipping to get it in a decent time (1-2 weeks), which will be another $50 for the returned part and the replacement.

I emailed both XRay and A Main Hobbies asking them to update their webpages indicating that the other part does *not* fit the XT8 2009 as surely this is a common mistake? It would be nice if others didn't have to go through the same hassle. I had no reason to doubt a link on teamxray.com that was for XT8 2009 spec optional parts.. maybe no one much buys this engine mount?! I like quality parts but the new one is overpriced imo, there doesn't appear to be any significant additional machining required in this one than the old one and it's gone from $75 -> $100, mainly as they have split the parts into two separate purchases.

Thanks again for your help!
David