[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T1FK'05

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 18:32:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 65  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 15:27:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 16:04:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 17:33:09 

Post subject: I am not trying to be difficult
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 18:09:01 

Our lap times a 6 sec to 7 sec, and our straights are no longer than 7-8m.

So yes its tiny ? I run by how much my motor is getting cooked and what gets me round the track quicker, i am not questioning anyone elses knowledge or saying i know it all, I just simply don't. I also don't proclaim to be good i just enjoy racing ?

I wanted the elements 19 turn but have ended up with a peak racing dynasty.

I was only going by what gave the speed through and out of the corners?

Now all i am hearing is i am doing it wrong ? :shock: am i really that far off ? I am not loosing with these ratios :? + others i think have similar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 18:32:00 

Like I mentioned before I race different ratio's. That's what I race and I feel fine with these. If you have other experiences: just fine by me. You have to do what you think is good. There is no way someone can give you a specific advice from the net if you don't know what the racingscene looks like another place.

The main reason for these other ratio's can be explained by the stock motors we use. The difference in a motorcan, can be huge. That is certainly why some have to use those high or low gearing.

Also the difference in driving: you can do the "point and shoot" or smooth driving style. and there is car set-up.

These 3 factors combined depends what gearing one has to use.

I think we better start a new thread if we want to discuss gearratio's. This one was supposed to disscus the new prototype. The concern about the final gearing has been made........

Post subject: Battery Brace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 19:55:04 

Just curious....How many kits are sold to racers that run in clubs versus dedicated win at all expense racers?

I find it odd that the battery brace is optional and that the battery strapping option is standard.

Week in and week out I here the 415 pilots at my track curse up and down about the strapping tape. Seems like the battery brace should have been standard and the tape option optional.

Maybe I am in the minority but the day I purchase the FK05 that battery brace will be purchased at the same time. If it was a cost reduction option, you could keep the rims and give me the brace.

Maybe its just me, but I hate using tape

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 19:57:02 

Youe having a laugh :o battery strap a option

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 22:08:46 

I would use the tape i no its not much fun but u will possibily get tweak issues with the strap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 22:29:06 

On the gearing discussion I agree with Frans. Let's agree to dissagree on the ratios. I already indicated this is a known issue and that it is most likely smaller pinions will be added to allow ratios in the 8-9+ range.

XRayFan, not sure what the reason is for making the battery brace an option. Personally I prefer the brace and will be using it as I have not had any tweak issues with the prototype. Having said that, I know many people who prefer the tape as they do worry about tweaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 22:39:37 

I have no idea what an FK drives like anyway, so maybe the final ratio is no problem for me, maybe you can help me out with that Tony as i am running those 8-10 as i have the 34tooth diffs ?

Maybe it will feel different and i will use a lower final ratio anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 22:50:35 

Like Frans said, if it works for you run with it. You never know if I would sing a different tune if I ran on the UK tracks... (besides I cannot top 6-8 meter straights :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 07:09:50 

well i run between 5.9 and 5.5 on my indoor carpet traks and wen it is a tighter track about a 6.2 with my fk 04 so i dont see wot is the problem, some of our traks have a straight not much more then 8 to 10 m long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:24:55 

Lets be with tonyv here & forget about the gearing for the new FK05, i am still getting mine & if it can`t be geared high enough(ratio) for uk indoor racing then `i`ll be back` as arnie says

Tonyv
Have a poll about gearing uk users only,go on have one `if your man enough`
or is x-ray scared about the results call it `what ratio do you use` & have between say 7.00-8.00 8.00-9.00 9.00-10.00 for 27t stock`s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 15:00:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 15:25:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 02:24:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 14:26:15 

Just checked xray set up sheets for gear ratios run by team drivers

Mike Dumas @ triple crown = 9.06

Josh Cyrul @ US indoor champs = 9.44

Were going to need these ratios in the Uk for indoors. Seems we're not the only ones! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 14:30:30 

these races were run with 8 turn motors !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 14:44:02 

Are you suggesting that with the new car xray drivers are going to race with a higher turn motor tuned differently to run a lower gear ratio?

When everybody else is running 7 or 8 turn motors, to be competitive you will have to run similar.

In the UK the 12 turn motor limit was recently dropped. Just yesterday I was racing againest somebody running an 9 turn motor on a small indoor track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 14:52:51 

I have tested car with 8-turn motor to 17-turn and never got problem with gearing my motor, even with bigger rubber tyres or small foams. I cant see any problem here?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 65  Next