[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What speedo and engine?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 20:36:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: What speedo and engine?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 09:52:50 

What speedo and engine u would recomend for me?
engine has to be 13.5T
i will use it with 7.4V LiPo

Post subject: Re: What speedo and engine?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 14:13:16 
team driver

Depends on your budget. Cheap unadjustable speedo is from Speed Passion that is available as combo with motor. (This combo is used on ETS races) If you want adjustable, than LRP is the best choice for me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 19:43:11 

I've got big budget
can u gimme some names of those combos?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 20:03:13 
team driver

X12 vector stock spec 13.5T motor + sxx stock spec version 2 speedo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 20:15:45 

ok
thx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 20:20:31 

u meant this:
SXX TC spec Ver. 2 Brushless LRP
?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 20:23:37 
team driver

it must be stock spec

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 20:35:04 

whats the deference?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 21:38:10 
team driver

Larger Boost figures on Stock Spec ESC.
Better for high turn motors like a 13.5.
LRP's TC range of ESC's are best for Modified.
More ESCs worth considering are the Tekin RS or the Hobbywing 120a.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:12:34 

whats the deference between sxx stock spec version 2 and version 1?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 18:47:34 

V1 was a problem is used to break inside , V2 is better

If i was in your position i would buy either the Tekin RS as this is really programmable but you need a laptop , or the Speed Passion GT2.0 and upload the stock spec softwere into it , both are great speedos the SP is a little too big though but still a brilliant speedo

:D :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 19:03:13 

i've got laptop:)
So can u say me wich one is the best?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 19:18:22 

can I programe sxx stock spec v2 by laptop?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 19:37:35 

no you cannot program the SXX with a laptop , nor can you update the softwere on the LRP speedos

the Tekin or SP you can update when they bring out new softwere , thus you never need a new speedo , my Tekin is 3 years old and stil as quick as ever

BUT i have just moved to the SP GT2.0 because i can program it with the laptop at home then use the programming box to alter the settings at the track thus no expensive laptop at the track

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 19:43:54 

ok,but can i programe SXX SS v2?
how to update it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 19:58:38 

you program with buttons on the speedo

you cannot update it :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 20:10:04 

here they are writing something else:

what does give update?

how to programe it by buttons?!
is there any screen or something?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 22:02:02 

that was put on the LRP website when the speedo came out 1 year ago and still no link to the PC or updates

it used flahing lights to program , very simple and easy to use but a bit basic for me , saying that i did use an SPX stock spec 2 years ago and it was good (this was the old version of the SXX stock spec)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 22:43:27 

Tekin RS Pro (or Tekin RS if you won't run very low-turn motors) would be best bet imho. If you master the electronic timing advance then it is very very fast speedo :!: And as most stock class racers use it you'd be able to get speedo setups from them also. And it is best value for money. And it is small...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 23:34:58 

I've raced someone with a Hobbywing speedo, although there quick.
I've found that for the same level of performance I get with a Tekin RS Pro on the same model motor with the same timing shim. That the one connected to the Tekin comes off cooler at 60 degrees C and the other on the hobbywing at 90 degrees C.
Both cars were equally matched in terms of straight line performance and more aless the same ability on the infield.

What I notice on my Tekin, is that with a timed motor setup of 36 degrees from 5400rpm to 20000rpm and a linear throttle profile. And the turbo set at 16 with a ramp of two and a 0.2 second delay.
I have to use some expo on my tx to calm down the punch in corners, but the car seems to be rather flat on the bottom end. Then launches its self rather rapidly.