[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - '11 XB808

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 01:14:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: '11 XB808
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 19:21:10 

So can the 2010 buggy be upgraded to the new center drive train? I would assume the needed parts would be:
Front/rear dif cases
F/R dif pinion gears
New center drive shafts/CVD's
New rear chassis brace

Other than that will these parts just bolt onto a 2010 buggy? Or do you need to buy the new chassis as well? Im assuming the center dif location is the same from the 2010 to the 2011 model so the new center shafts should work the same. Trying to decide if I go for an all new kit or just add the parts I want to my 2010.

Thanks for the help guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 01:27:11 

It says the chassis is different, probably just some hole locations for the radio tray and rear brace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 22:24:29 

I'd like to hear from you Team Driver about the 2011 version. Does it have more steering than 2010? The thing is I ran second half of the last season with shorter rear arms with wider hingepin holders and it WAS GREAT on our tracks. A lot of steering and car was much more predictable when went into slide. With standard 2010 it was very hard to get the car to turn enough, had to often struggle to get rid of the rear traction...

I was a bit surprised that the 2011 didn't include the shorter arms. I wish that it would be at least an option from Xray to get them - shorter rear arms and wider hingepin holders.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 15:25:26 
team driver

Lauri,

all our drivers have been testing short arms and compering with standard ones back to back on many tracks. Even though on some track the short arms were working better, it was not on all tracks. The short arms were fine on clean and flat tracks, however on destroyed tracks or bumpy tracks, standard arms were better. That is why Jerome Sartel used standard arms in Portugal. So because we were not 100% sure that short arms are better, we decided to stay with standard ones and come up with idea to change the width of the car by changing eccentric bushings in arm holders

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 15:28:21 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 19:15:04 

Martin,
Is the idea to change the width of the car from eccentric bushes in arm holders and then compensate with wheel hexes? Or just run narrower? I still wish for Xray optional shorter arms to be available to purchase.

PS. I've seen you all test them for about a year ;). I totally agree with your results. But like your results, when track does not roughen up and is quite flat and twisty (like it is often in Europe), then the shorter arms give the much needed turning. Just a wish that you could fulfill easily ;) I think it is a lot up to driving style also. Short arms made night-and-day difference for me on all our 3 local tracks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 07:06:56 
team driver

The major difference I have noticed with 2011 car is the corner speed. I also like short arms on a lot of tracks but the longer arms serve a great purpose for bumpy tracks. I definitely think the 2011 car is a huge improvement and the corner speed is a great deal faster. It is worth the upgrade, if your short arms feel better keep them with you and you can run them and the wider hinge pin holders on your 2011 car.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:51:54 

try narrow on the rear lauri . with the narrower rear width car gives much better forward traction . i have been running this on fairly high grip surface last few months . keep your wheel hex standard and try it ... you may also like 1deg and 3 deg antisquat if your on the wider holders depending on the track surface 1deg if the rear is moving about to much.

Last edited by Barkley Abernethy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:56:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:56:00 

For me it is not a question about to upgrade or not. If you run the car and race a lot you will go through one car per year. So it makes sense getting a new one every year instead of replacing a lot of stuff on the last year's car. So if someone doesn't need a new car every year he just races too little :wink:

But please make the shorter arms available (with wider arm holders) so we don't need to manufacture or buy them from third parties :!:

How much play room (narrower <> wider) you have with the new holders/inserts?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 14:17:24 

Hi is there a release date on the 2011 model 808 when should the USA expect to have stock?
thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 02:03:14 

That driveline sure looks familiar. I ran that last year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02:57 

good morning !!! when a 2011 conversion kit is available ?? i have 2 2010 specs cars and they have the 3 bearing pinnion and shim set , i put one shim inside the diff bulkhead ( to prevent diff bulkhead "erosion " and one "outside" to prevent a drop bearing cap .... and it fits perfectly !!! firm and strong and lots lifespan !!! but i really like to test the news , i realy like the "new pinion gear style " cause i know the "new stile" is more reliable !!! thanks !!! ( sorry for my poor english ) and please reply !!! thanks guys !!!

Post subject: Re: '11 XB808 transponder mount?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 01:08:38 

hello can someone please verify if the 2011 808 comes with a transponder mount please

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 13:04:48 

Last edited by HEI on Mon Feb 14, 2011 23:34:24, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: '11 XB808 transponder mount?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 16:50:27 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 15:13:49 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:27:44 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37:32 

Ari how are those 2011 kits looking do you recon we will have them well before the Nationals

Jason & Jaicob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 23:21:07 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 13:43:28 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next