[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T2'009 setup for tight carpet track on rubber

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 04:27:34

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T2'009 setup for tight carpet track on rubber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 14:00:06 

Post subject: Re: T2'009 setup for tight carpet track on rubber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 19:35:50 

HI
I have just started back with touring cars but i would be use the same make shock oil front to rear as a tamiya 400 is not the same as a xray 400 i see that you are running 500 front and 400 rear i would set the car up with 350 front and rear to get the car to roll it induce a bit of grip in it as you say it is very cold.Are you warming the tyres i run indoors and it is warm but i would not think of not running without them as the tyres have to warm up then you can drive the car at maximum attack without having to wait and struggle then push the car past the limit may only be a lap or so but.
What additive are you using and are you cleaning them betwwen runs?
Have you tried removing the roll bars for a run before altering your setup if it is better then you know that they are too hard.
Are you using the same setup for outside.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 20:19:19 

@cypher: try an other Body!!! I had the same Problem with this Body (too much steering!)
Try the Mazda6 or Dodge Stratus and LRP Vtec 27 tires and you will see that it works perfect!!
I had completely the same problem and after i changed the tires and the Body it worked!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 20:31:31 

@Quietman
Since I hadn't had any Xray oil available I used the Tamiya one. That the values maybe are not comparable between the different brands is clear.

I don't heat the tires before the run.
I use CS Ultra Grip from CS-Electronics.
Tires are clean before the run.

No, didnt removed the anti-roll bars yet.

For the outdoor asphalt track I used the Xray basic asphalt rubber setup which worked good.

@dergeorg
Didnt thought that the body could cause such problem. But interesting to know.
I have a Hotbodies 09x ready to try. Do you have any experience with this?
Are the VTEC 27 better than Sorex 28? The Sweep drive also differently than the Sorex.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42:23 

I tried it with the CS 27 and they were not as good as my 2 Years old Vtec 27!!!
And for me the Mazda is the best Bodie. I tried the 09x too but i liked the Mazda more!
Trie it and you will see!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 21:40:52 

It is me again.
A friend and I were on a race today. Was again a tight carpet track with medium grip I would say.

I changed from Protoform R9 to LTC. This really makes a big difference because the car is less agressive in the front.

As a modification I also installed the 1.2mm anti-roll-bar in the rear and i raised the upper rear camber on the outside to 1.5mm.
But I loose quite often the rear. Especially on corner entry without power or in a chicane.
Maybe someone has another hint. Currently we lose because our car is too uneasy/loose.

By the way: I run a X12 17,5T on a LRP Sphere Competition 2007.

Last edited by cypher on Tue Feb 01, 2011 06:31:36, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 00:45:35 

less rear droop will help with lift off oversteer on corner entry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 06:39:10 

I am not an expert on setups, so should I keep the ride height and decrease the down stop all around?
As I understand this will decrease the droop, right?
What would be an apropriate approach? Downstop front 6 and rear 5 (decrease by 0.4)?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:15:25 

Hi

I race on a tight, relatively low grip carpet track in the UK, so here are my settings

Tyres - use CS22's (with additive), RP24's also OK, but less grip than the CS22's
Springs - front C2.6, rear C2.4, generally on the softer mount positions (1-3) (you need to test & adjust)
ARB - 1.2mm front, none on rear (you could try 1.4mm/1.2mm as well, but no stiffer)
Roll centres - 0mm lower inboard mounts, pos 3 upper quick roll centres, 1mm shims under top outer links (you can play with RC's, the 009 is sensitive to settings, generally you want lower roll centres to promote more roll and tyre loading)
Downstops - 5mm front, 6.5mm rear
Ride height - 5.0mm front, 5.2mm rear
Camber - 1.5deg all round
Toe - 0.5deg out front, 3.0 deg in rear
Shock oil - 400 front, 350 rear, nil rebound (drilled shock top, no foam inserts), 3 hole pistons (non adjustable)
Chassis flex - med to soft
I run with a ball diff in the front, not a spool. The spool seems to work better on high grip carpet for some reason, set the diffs as loose as you can without slipping.

Hope this helps

Charles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:21:27 

Thank you Charles for the input!
I will try your proposal even if we run with harder tires (normally sorex 28).