[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:18:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 22:29:39 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 22:45:56 

Sounds good thanks see ya there! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 03:36:33 

Hi Paul, i just purchased a 2nd hand T3 US spec and am racing with rubber tire. One thing i am not sure of is, should i follow rubber spec Setup sheet or foam spec setup sheet for my US spec T3? Or is it just not possible for the US spec to race using rubber tire? I have downloaded both rubber & foam spec basic setup sheet and not sure which one i should follow. Currently i am using the white & light purple spring with 350 cst shock oil (0 rebound)

Track layout:
- parking lot asphalt track
- About 35- 40 meter on the straight
- high speed sweeper in and out
- infield got 5 slow speed "U Turn" corner
- bumpy on some area on the track

Xray part available for tuning:
- black spring from 2.4 to 3.0
- white, light purple and blue
- H1 & H2 (2 sets)
- Lots of shims
- spec-R gear -diff (2 sets)

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 21:28:14 
team driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:22:39 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 23:02:39 
team driver

Im off to a couple of races, so i wont be active for a couple of weeks here. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 16:38:24 

Hi Paul,

I am a beginer of T3 touring car . I would like to know the best starting gearing ratio for my 13.5 brushless motor on my brand new T3 (using lipo battery) run on asphalt racing track. Thank you for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 21:38:37 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 21:13:31 

Whats up Paul?

Im curious what sort of radio settings do you run in Mod? Im new to running this class and am looking for some input on drag brake, expo etc.

Asphalt and Carpet

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 02:24:21 

Hello Paul,
I just built the T3R as per the manuel. When I hold the car in the air and hit the throttle (keeping the wheels straight), it is smooth as butter. But when I turn the wheels, there is a lot of grinding, and the drive belt jumps up and down. I do not see anything binding. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks Josh

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 21:46:22 

its just wheel chatter, you wont notice it on the track, mine also does it, i think all cars with a spool do it, to fix it you could get ecs driveshafts.

hth

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 00:26:11 

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 14:40:53 

Hi Paul

How many batteries do you use for a race? 3, 4 or more?

What way fixed to the chassis batteries?

What do you use load current in Amps?

Thank you very much for your time in responding.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 22:24:02 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 22:26:53 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 22:27:23 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 22:31:56 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 19:54:10 

Hi Paul,

Been reading your thread, this is really great stuff..

I recently bought a used T2'008 from a friend at the local track. I am new to on-road racing, I've mostly been off-road bashing with my son in the backyard for the last couple of years, so on-road is still foreign territory to me.

I've had my share of crashes with the '008 and I yesterday noticed that rear left drive shaft was bend just a little bit, making the shaft wobble up and down as it spins.

The car still drives straight and I can't feel the bend in the shaft while driving, but I'm guessing it's not a good thing ;-).

My local dealer has two different drive shafts to choose from:

ALU DRIVE SHAFT SWISS 7075 T6 - HARD COATED - 52MM
http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/products/ ... 20-%2052mm

and the Hudy version:

T2 008 DRIVE SHAFT 52MM - HUDY SPRING STEEL
http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/products/ ... 20Steel%99

I'm still a beginner so would it make sense to buy the more expensive Hudy Spring Steel version, or should I just get the cheap one and save a few bucks?

The shaft in my car which is bent is the Hudy Spring Steel version. Would I be able to feel a difference between the two?

With regards

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 20:13:55 

ALU DRIVE SHAFT SWISS 7075 T6 - HARD COATED - 52MM
http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/products/ ... 20-%2052mm

this one is for the rear

and the Hudy version:

T2 008 DRIVE SHAFT 52MM - HUDY SPRING STEEL
http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/products/ ... 20Steel%99

this one is for the front

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:45:08 
team driver

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next