[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XT8 for 2011?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 05:30:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XT8 for 2011?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 19:28:45 

We are only a few days out of August now and the year will be gone before we know it. So that has me thinking about next year and what to expect from Xray. I anticipate some changes to the 2011 XT8. I doubt we'll see a new chassis, but I really hope they address the known issues and maybe a couple of updates. I haven't noticed any local team drivers running prototype parts so that leads me to a couple of different scenarios.
1. No updates, just addressing the few minor issues.
2. An entire new truggy is in the works and is part of the reason why they haven't addressed the known issues to the current kit.
I'm hoping to buy a new kit for next year so I can have 1 to practice and 1 to race with. I don't want to buy another kit now and have them release a new kit in a few months, plus I don't need one right now anyway. The XT8 is going strong.

What's your thoughts, dreams, speculations, and insight?

Post subject: Re: XT8 for 2011?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 06:26:00 

Good question pickle I too want to know the status of this. I had to scrap my chassis since it was bent out of shape and I just got new bearings for the gear boxes and all the hubs. I also want to know whether or not its wise to just sell the stuff I have and get the new truck or just keep what I have and hopefully theyll have a conversion kit or something. Like you said no rush but info would help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 01:14:38 

I kinda hope they don't change a thing. I have yet to drive on any regularity anything other than Xray, but when it comes down to it, I break less than anyone else I know and I think the truggy is perfect as is, but I'm not a pro driver, just the guy who has to buy things at store prices, so my vote should count twice, lol. :lol:

In a dream world, sometime down the road in the future, I would mind seeing some more parts cross between the buggy and the truggy. servo plates, diff cases, steering blocks, rear uprights, caster blocks and as many of the rod ends as possible, be kinda nice not putting truggy parts on the buggy and vice versa. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 19:38:58 

Yeah I agree...after building thr 808 there are so many good innovative designs, mainly the center driveshafts with the pins captured by the bearings. As well as the hubs. I can't even tell you guys how many pins I've lost before I dremeled flat spots on everything. An 808 style truggy would be awesome. And XRAY should do r/d on something like that. Although to be honest I love the truck as is. No problems with it whatsoever. And it drives amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 16:23:16 

I would be somewhat disappointed to see a whole new truggy hit the shelves any time soon. As mentioned, we already break a LOT less than anyone else on the track. And coming from someone who drives it as terribly as I do that says a LOT.
I have been told it takes MUCH time to ever get "good" at piloting one of these RC cars/trucks/buggies. Considering the investment a guy must make to get into it, I truly hope they continue to add the known improvements to the current platform. Having a new platform hit only a year after I got mine, (nearly to the date of this posting) hardly leaves enough time for me to get the current platform figured out and set up. Let alone become proficient at driving the thing.

Someone mentioned a dream world. In mine, since we all have serial numbers and authenticity certificates, we original owners would be offered kit upgrades at a slightly reduced price before they hit retail shelves as replacement parts; As the parts are released.

But in my REAL world, I let my friend drive my XT8-09 and since then he has not been the same. A new XT8 will soon be replacing his MBX6 AND AE Truggy. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 19:48:48 

the reson why a losi truggy drives easyer is that the arms are longer ... and they have the same front as the 808/809/810 ...
With some cost x-ray can make a better and easy to drive truggy.
Mind you there are others who make truggy's ( like losi or Serpent) and also durango is on the marked.
Yes it is true the XT8 is reliable but also very heavy .
Also a verry low or smal body would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17:34 

For me leave it as is and just improve the body, as it is so out of date with style and function, thicker diff o-rings and shock o-rings, and any upgrades that are in the works that XRAY HAVE SET TO DO.

As for everything else i find no problems with the current XT8, it is the same weight as a MBX6T, well mine is as i leave it with all stock plastics except for the tow plates, they are upgraded, i didn't find the need to update any other part of the XT8. I have a club one ( the one mentioned is only used at title meets ) that has the upgrades and there really isn't that much difference in the car, leaving it stocks gives it the right amount of flex in the right area's and i have had zero breakages, and i've had the o8 and o9 version's, just common wear in the arms that eventually need replacing, but that is the same with any other car out there.

I drove the LOSI for 3 mths ( last year as the dealer at that time in australia made it hard to get the parts required at any time), and gave the LOSI 8T2.0 THE FLICK, as i didn't like any of it, especially the rear diff problems, ( MY CLUB TRUGGY HAS GOT THE SAME DIFF CENTRES AS I HAD IN THE FIRST ONE I BOUGHT IN 08, NOW THAT SAYS ALOT FOR THIS TRUGGY AND IT'S LONGEVITY ), I WENT THROUGH 12 REAR DIFFS IN THE LOSI :shock: .

So as for this side i prefer to leave as is, it leaves me with a smile on my face after every meeting i do

CHEERS WILL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 09:27:16 

Is there any chance of an announcement re a 2011 Truggy? Need to know before I sell XT8 09 and buy a Losi or Mugen....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33:48 

It is an important question. To wait for occurrence of 11th version or to refuse participation in this class this year?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 15:13:43 
team driver

I have not heard anything about changing the truck/XT8. I ahve not seen any of the other manufactures make any major changes to their trucks either. The XT8 is still every bit as competitive as any other truck on the market and with the decline in the class because of the EBuggy's I don't see any of the manufactures making any changes or putting more R&D and money into updating this class much.

The XT8 is awesome, tough, fast and I still do very well with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 18:59:40 

I agree with Jason here as to invest further on a class thats in decline when the current XT8 is competitive would not make buisness sence.
The UK truggy class has crashed & very few clubs run them as we cant get enough to fill 1 full heat .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 14:08:21 

The only change i would like to see is the alloy hinge pins make them compatible with the 808 so you only have to stock one type of eccentric bushing. Other than that i'm with the other guys the XT8 is still a rock solid chassis....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 22:48:19 

The new style hinge pin holders with multiple positions for the wishbone should allow this. When they are available it should be an option.