[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - M18T Pro Big diff problem

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 14:29:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: M18T Pro Big diff problem
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:41:51 

Hi.

I recently bought the Xray M18T Pro. It is a very cool little car and I am kind of glad that I bought that model. I have the Tekin Mini Rage 8.1 Kv combo installed in it and I am running on 11.1 volt.

On my first run I broke the steering servo after 2 minuttes of driving. It was just a cheap bad quality servo so I kind of expected it to break :roll:

I put on a new servo and wanted to take it out for a drive the next day. I drove around on my parking lot for about 10 minuttes when the rear diff broke :? :?
All the teeth on the ring gear are missing and some of the teeth on the bevel pinion. I was just so very dissapointed to see that it broke just from 10 minuttes of drivng on a flat parking lot.

I tried searching on the internet to see if I could find metal gears for my car but it doesn't look like anybody makes them.

Anyone know what I can do or where I can get a stronger diff???

All help is greatly appreciated :)

Best regards

Paw Offersen
Denmark

Post subject: Re: M18T Pro Big diff problem
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 23:59:13 

Did you break in the diff per the instructions before running full out? How tight did you have the diff? You cant lock it down.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 06:55:42 

Hi. Sorry for the late reply :?

Well no I didn't break it in at all... Actually I didn't even know that a diff would need to be break in...

Ehmm at stock setting I could easy hold the engine pinion still and turn all of the wheels, so I tightened to diff a little, but when I give it full throttle I can hear the engine rev faster than the car moves, but only a little bit, so it may be the right setting, or what?? How will I know how tight it should be?

Best regards
Paw Offersen

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 07:47:42 

Sounds like it was too loose and overheated.

Per the instructions. Tighten the ball diff down until you can just barely with much force holding both outdrives get the main gear to slip using your thumb. Loosen then about 1/2 turn from that.

Then install and run. Starting off slow do a few laps for about a minute. Come in and tighten both diffs 1/4 turn. Go a bit faster for another minute and again a 1/4 turn. Another minute 1/4 turn. Then drive it full out for about 2 minutes, and tighten about 1/8th or so. It really depends on your preference at this point.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 07:48:58 

Sounds like it was too loose and overheated.

Per the instructions. Tighten the ball diff down until you can just barely with much force holding both outdrives get the main gear to slip using your thumb. Loosen then about 1/2 turn from that.

Then install and run. Starting off slow do a few laps for about a minute. Come in and tighten both diffs 1/4 turn. Go a bit faster for another minute and again a 1/4 turn. Another minute 1/4 turn. Then drive it full out for about 2 minutes, and tighten about 1/8th or so. It really depends on your preference at this point.

See more info here.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3798

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 17:39:18 

Thanks a lot for the reply.. I will order a new diff gear set and try to do as you pointed out 8)

Best regards
Paw Offersen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 02:22:49 

I'm pretty sure its a loose diff kind of problem. Might have overheated or might have revved up more than it should.
Man, once you have your diff right your car will fly comparing to what it is now. Loose difs can break, reduce spead, overheat, wear out, revvup too much and reduce the control of the car. All this means, pay a lot of attention to our diff configuration.

Hope I could help