[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - '11 XB808

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 23:25:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: '11 XB808
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 21:52:16 

Hi guys,

Any info/insider knowledge as to when the 2011 car will ready? And without running the risk of sending some 808 owners out there, into a complete hissy fit :wink: . Will there be a revision or upgrade of the diff/bearing set-up that "some" owners have had issues with? :)

Post subject: Re: '11 XB808
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 22:13:41 

When & where only xray will release that & with all its glamour & more. As for parts there has recently been many pictures of various proto type parts being tested by the team, it all takes time to colate the information to make sure its right in all aspect. All parts have showed great promise in the areas aimed at & with a drive train that hits the spot :D it will not dissapoint.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 01:12:03 

Thanks for the reply Bren.
I did suspect any news about the new 808 would be all a bit cloak and dagger at present, but it was worth asking :D
Are the photo's of the R&D parts available for all, or is it team only at the moment? And is there anything that can be said about the areas aimed at, without giving too much away?
As for the drive train revision, I'm sure this will come as good news for those out there that have had some problems in this area and also it should reassure the critics (aka; moaners) out there, that someone, somewhere is listening to them :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 08:36:03 

Pictures where on Pirate RC & Neo a while back but for the moment will not discuss specifics sorry on that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 02:15:39 

Thanks for that I'll go see what I can find. And funnily enough I knew you'd say that :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 01:21:22 

After a little legwork, I managed to find this little nugget thanks to Brennan's tip So imagine my surprise when I took a look in on Pirate RC earlier today and found this had been posted up today!

Which seems a bit odd that I only asked the question a couple of days ago and then a couple of snaps appear...very fishy if you ask me! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 08:54:44 

Not really fishy just how timing's go sometimes. keeping things under raps is sometimes hard & locking your car away makes people look harder. For Me testing parts has two places private to check setup & durability, races to check true pace in competition but you run the risk of being snapped. Im not the only one to be snapped just lucky unfortunate which ever way you look at it to have two major web sites near where i regulary race. Juraj, josh & many of the team get snapped but probably not as much in these area,s. Can be looked good or bad but for me though proves xray are always very active in development & when you think this in near completion the next project is already well under way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 02:43:02 

Hi guys.

There were already a lot of pictures on Neo and other websites about the new parts of the 808.

Just to confirm Bren's info, at Euro's here in Portugal Juraj had a few new parts mounted on his car, and the car was standing on his pit all the time...

I took the chance to look at some parts, and anyone could have snapped a couple of photos.

Meanwhile, after having seen live a few other new parts I can just say I'm happy to keep racing Xray "XB808" next year... It will surelly get even better. ;)

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 18:04:03 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 00:54:07 

I am about to order one 808 spec 2010. Should I wait for the 2011 or all the improvements are not going to affect the 2010 parts in a big way?

Thanks

Oscar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 02:01:30 

Well that all depends on how patient you are :lol:
But going along the lines of this topic, it may be cause to wait and see how much of a leap forward the new car will be. Going on the strength of some of Brennan's comments, and he is in a position to provide more than reliable information, it would seem prudent to hold onto your money for a little longer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 17:17:31 

Thanks.
And just one question: does the kit come with the engine mounts and spacers or I need to order them in separate?
Tks.

Oscar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 17:43:11 

kits include all the bits you need to run, it obviosly does not include engine fuel electrics etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 04:29:53 

With all the requests in the appropriate thread asking for a sealed gearbox I would imagine that to be one of them :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 16:24:55 

Will the current 2 piece engine mount work on the new platform ??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 00:28:40 

Cab anybody tell me if the buggy will come with aluminum turnbuckles, hubs, rear axle carriers.... etc?

Thanks

Cade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 01:41:16 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 17:20:58 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 17:55:07 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 23:30:47 

Thanks for the responses guys!