[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - xray arm

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 06:19:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: xray arm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 22:41:28 

HI!
Me and my friends for a long time we go on XRAY. All this time we can not understand why the machine is losing so much speed in the rotation?
and this is as a 008 chassis, and all subsequent that we used, including T3 2011. They were completely different chassis, but they share one thing - suspension. It's true that the suspension remains unchanged from the 008 model. I tried the chassis Tamiya my friend and there is absolutely no such! Conversely, when a corner there is a sense that the model is slightly faster, while it can be absolutely precise control.
I have carefully examined the Tamiya chassis and found that the arm of a very hard plastic, as well as the C-hubs. Perhaps this is the case? Has anyone tried to use the ARM extra hard?

Post subject: Re: xray arm
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 15:13:01 
team driver

Hi Alexey,

we use extra hard arms in the rear when is very high traction but mainly on asphalt. Competition is using arms that are consisting from graphite. The problem is that these arms are very fragile so after small crash they broke. I even so that one driver broke the arm when he hit the dot only.

We tested arm from this material but it did not improved performance. If you have problem with cornering speed, try to lie down rear shocks into the second position from bottom or rice rear roll center in the rear. I would also try harder rear springs or less toe in or middle hole on rear upright. All these changes make more cornering speed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 02:41:11 

Thank you for your reply.
Martin, I have some more questions.
Will sell new mounting shock tower, which were used to ETS2?
Alexander, in his setup stated that he used the mounting H1/H2. As far as the same H1/H2 and the fact that he used in reality?
How to put downstop 6, if the front arm with a slope of (anti-dive). Also on the front edge of the arm?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 09:49:27 
team driver

Alexey,

yes, we are working on these roll center holders.

What Alex posted in the set up is correct, because he used the position and shim that equals to position where the H1/H2 is located

Downstop measurement - yes. Why you want to use anti-dive? If you want to get more cornering speed, I would rather recommend 6 degree caster

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54:58 

I want to try setting Alex, and his anti-dive front ARM.
I will try to advice on the 6 degrees of caster. Thank you.

I watched videos ETS2. I think. that the model Alex turned slightly worse than Ronald and especially than that of Mark. Very strange settings were Alex. Why is that? These settings are obtained by training in Trencin? Do you think these settings will be universal for different carpet tracks?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 13:24:16 
team driver

If you put anti-dive, you will get more in corner steering but less on power steering. However, it will make the car more difficult to drive. I personally used anti-dive only one time and it was on last LRP masters when we had luck of in corner steering. He used it there because it fits his driving style. I tried it on ETS but did not like it.

I would not consider if his car was understeering or not according to video because it is different situation when you are leading final or if you are third. If you are leading, you are trying to make no mistake and drive as much inside as possible to not allow anyone to pass. Plus, driver behind him seems to have more steering because he is following which is much easier. For example, when Alex was in one final before Freddy, it seemed that Freddy has much more steering. When Alex made small mistake and Freddy passed him, he immadiately started to push on Freddy and this time Alex`s car looked much agressive which let to Freddy`s mistake as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 15:07:29 

And one more question.
Do you cover the CA glue the side of the tire?
If so, then whether you do it on the front and rear tires or just the front?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 15:29:39 
team driver

We put the glue when the traction is super high and when we have a lot of problems with traction rolling. Otherwise not because when you glue the sides, than the car push on power a lot. We put only on front tires.