[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Final solution for the 808 diff bearing problem

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 18:27:35

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Final solution for the 808 diff bearing problem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 00:58:15 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 08:57:45 

The xt8 & some options for the ec required the drive pins to be secured by just a grub screw, neither where secured like the 808. Unless you used a good quality loctite the pin would vibrate out, a tip was never done on this as most dremeled a small flat on the pins which solved the problem. Xray have now released a specific pin now with groove.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 17:56:49 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 02:02:17 

My original plan was similar to what you did but finding NEW parts to do what I wanted was a real challenge. I could buy all the ragged out Xt8's I wanted on Ebay but Who wants someone elses worn out ride. In the end I feel better about this setup. Just got home from my first race on this setup and it was flawless! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 22:56:54 

Me too :-)

Ran the whole day and no problemo whatsoever. Gonna race again next weekend and its a release to not have to check the pinion bearings EVER AGAIN..... LOL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 14:59:32 

Good to hear. Did it handle any differently?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 02:38:53 

My setup does not change the car so it felt exactly the same. The piece of mind felt way different though! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 20:16:25 

The car reacts as normal, no difference. Except it rolls easyer after You releace the gasthrottle into corners beacause of the new smooth driveline. Extra milage is also a nice bonus.
I have ran 4 gallons on my setup and still working perfectly. Its a relif not to have to check the bearings. No more long nights worring about the bearing problem. I finished 6. in the nationals round 2, and 5. in nationals run 3, and two clubraces as well WITHOUT a single problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 14:58:52 

Last edited by NickB on Thu Sep 09, 2010 15:00:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 15:00:10 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 17:24:02 

please Mr. hudy, made us a hudy spring steel CVD like xt8 style with dimensions, 84mm, 108mm and 113mm to fix this diff bearing problem in xb808 08, 09, and 10 specs. PLEASE!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 14:37:03 

At this point I would just like to see a new truggy with a better driveline. I was one of the guy's before who was really hoping for a new truck release. I am glad now that Xray waited. Now the chances of it having driveline issues will have to be less.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 17:24:38 

Thats that track with the helicopter footage and the song! is there a high resolution version of that video anywhere!??
Nick

Here it is Nick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoLJNtnpFmY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 19:16:51 

Hello,

I have followed XRAY's solution concerning the difd bearings by adding grease between the pinion bearings, and in the metal ring provided by the 2010 specs. I did everything correctly but I see that now the wheels don't spin freely since the grease slows them down. Is this natural/correct?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 19:41:23 

3 bearings have much more resistance than 2 bearings. So Your assumptions are correct.

Rumors say that Xray will come with a new racecar next year. And with a new driveline just like the one I made here. A brand new car and not an upgrade.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 19:46:36 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 21:39:19 

Not sure, but usually around december/january. No point of releasing a new car in the middle of a season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 00:19:53 

Just saw Josh Wheeler's car pics from NeoBuggy. Guess what...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 14:51:26 

Lauri can you post a link to that photo on here. I hate trying to navigate that website?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 15:19:43 

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: So happy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next