[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3 diff gets "unscrewed"

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 08:28:11

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3 diff gets "unscrewed"
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 21:08:26 

Hi,

I have trouble with the diff getting unscrewed after a heat. I tighten it, then after 5 minutes it's very loose and feels like its slipping. Any tips on how I can prevent this?

It's the rear diff with ceramic balls and thrust bearing, quite recently built. Rubber edition if that's important (running outdoor asphalt medium to low grip)

Thank you very much.

Post subject: Re: T3 diff gets "unscrewed"
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 00:57:31 

Make sure you have your thrust washers fitted in the correct order as they are diffrent to each other , take a look at the manual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 19:32:10 

Thanks, I've tried that now, I forgot to check how it was assembled, but now I am certain the washers are correctly fitted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 16:48:13 

Hi zzoebl, I think I may help out for your problem since I've had this problem a few times before. I found that it was the holder for the diff adjustment screw (305040) at the Diff Short Output Shaft (305022-K, P.6 of the Instruction Manual) went wrong. It couldn't hold the adjustment screw in position and once the car was running, the adjustment screw got loosen and your diff couldn't work normally. I have to replace the whole Diff Short Output Shaft since that holder inside the Output shaft is Factory Pre-Assembled.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 19:43:41 

Thanks for your input michelw, do you think I could use a tiny bit of loctite to get the same effect? I didn't have problems with the diff this weekend after I rebuilt it as suggested by ATLASCOPCO, but I did tighten it a bit extra to be sure since it was a race weekend.

Your suggestions have been very helpful, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 16:09:21 

You might try! I did that before but came out with negative result. Either the adjustment screw was stuck and I couln't adjust the stiffness of the diff via the screw or the loctite just couldn't hold the adjustment screw well.

Glad to hear you were fine in your weekend race with the diff tightened up a bit. However I think now you may not be able to adjust the stiffness of your diff accordingly to the track condition. Moreover, you may find yourself need to get the diff tighter and tighter in order to make sure the screw won't loose up again which end up with your rear diff can't work normally.

Here is just my wild guess! Hope everything works out fine on your side.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 07:24:18 

i always CA glue it in there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 19:26:58 

Hi, just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions, I tried some loctite and seems to work very well. I felt CA was a bit extreme, but I'll give it a go if the loctite fails.