[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 00:21:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 17:46:56 

Hi Paul, I'm running a 009 on carpet/rubber/17.5 . I've noticed that I get wheel hop or bounce in the front on turn in when the grip comes up. This happens from entry to mid corner. I don't get it through the sweeper at the end of the straight but going into a tight 180 is when I really notice it. I'm useing 40wt oil in the front and 30wt in the rear along with 2.8's and 2.6's . My first thought was that the oil/spring was to light but then I thought that maybe it's just a characteristic of a spool. Any thoughts on how to smooth it out ?
Thanks again !

Last edited by jumo004 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 04:15:48, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 09:59:07 

Hi Paul, I wanted to ask a question.

I have seen the set-up sheet in the world championship and wanted to know in which direction % had configured on your radio?

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:38:45 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:44:40 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 21:52:50 
team driver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 03:37:44 

Hi paul i have a t2 008 with the external adjustable shocks what oil and setting would you think would get me as closs to one hole closed fixed shock? i dont have the fixed pistons for the shocks anymore.
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 18:02:33 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 09:40:52 

i always found those adjustable shocks to be inconstant, as they wouldn't return to full length. As it would hit the groove on the inside at the bottom. they had to be perfectly positioned to return to full. was this a common thing??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 22:48:26 
team driver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 09:56:09 

Hi Paul,

I am currently using the T2R Pro. Just thinking, what would be the effect of running a 38T Diff pulley up front paired with a 34T Diff pulley at the rear? Aside from changing the front belt, of course. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Jun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 03:25:20 

Paul, I run 17.5 and have started playing with a gear diff. I have the rear of my car over rotating a bit now when running 1200wt oil and had to use 1500 to settle the car at a big meet this last weekend. I removed the 1 hole hubs i used to use to get the car to rotate with the ball diff. Here is my set up from the weekend. Any suggestions?

Secondly, i want to try running the gear diff with the 52mm drive shafts in the rear. I plan on using extra 1.5mm shims in the rear to stop binding. What sort of change should i make up front to keep the car balanced? Would adding another 1.5mm shim up front to keep track width the same be enough? Technically that would make the car the same width as the old 009 was. Any suggestions are appreciated, Regards Benzaah.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 14:26:40 

Hi Paul,

what do you change to smooth up your T3 for Modified. My Car is very difficult to drive and the Xray are very aggressive with the basic Set-Up and I want that it got easier. I drive on a low to medium traction carpet track with rubber tires.

Here are my Set-Up changes:
3° toe in on the rear
shock in hole 4 rear
1.5 anti-roll bar front

Do you have also some tips for the ECS Set-Up? I’m use a LRP TC Spec with a 5.5 X12 motor.

Sorry for my bad English.
Greets,
Hendrik :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 17:29:05 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 17:35:53 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 17:40:47 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:50:34 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 14:56:21 

Hi Paul,

The winter season is coming and I would like to ask you for some advises. Last year with T2R pro I used your "tricks"/style in setup (wider front narrower rear, shim under shock, 6 degree caster block and upper anti dive front, flexing chassis) and it was very good for my driving style also, but with the T3 I m completely lost with the new steering and roll center positions. Could you give me a "starting point" (for less grip) and "where to go" (for high grip) setup on carpet/rubber/T3EU? I race 10.5 with stock spec speedo.

Many thanks,
Peter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 18:43:00 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 15:15:39 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 04:45:51 

Hi Paul,
Are you running with shorter front wheelbase or longer front wheelbase? If I look at the picture in the previous page(page15), it looks like a long front wheelbase, however in the set up sheet, you wrote it as short front wheelbase.

Can you explain the effects of front short and long wheelbase will do to a car? Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next