[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - on power problem

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 08:22:35

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: on power problem
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 13:15:21 

hi guys,

got an issue with my t3, every time i hit the throttle the rear end steps out, and hard. and once it steps out the car does a 360, i cant do anything to stop it and bring it back under control. it has absolutely zero rear grip on power...

its not really a problem with my setup, but rather an odd thing that seems to happen only with my car. A friend with exactly the same gear and setup doesn't get this happening at all.

it almost feels as though something bottoms out and causes it to snap really hard. the only way i can accelerate is to straighten up and then get on the power.

so has anybody ever had this problem? any advice would be great.

and it does this with all kinds of different setups on completely different tracks

cheers

ben

Post subject: Re: on power problem
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 13:43:39 

Hey Ben

Hows your rear diff ?? if this is too light it can cause this problem

also check the driveshafts arn't catching the nut on the rear diff

maybe a bearing is tight too

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 04:21:02 

diff feels like butter, definately not the problem. and a mate with the same gear in his car doesnt have this problem, so if my driveshafts were hitting i imagine his would be too, causing the same problem

bearings are a month old ceramics, they feel fine....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 05:14:50 

Hey sidecarphil, yeah am having the same issue here on my new T3.

All my other friends have enough power on the car through the corners and I spin out.

Hope someone can fill us in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 06:23:27 

Just something I overlooked also, is your front center post installed ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 01:24:34 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 03:34:34 

Ben I came to a decent setup today, you may want to try it, am running sweep 30's tires rubber.

Plenty of rear end grip with this setup.

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=1711&setup=t3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 17:03:33 

Hi Guys,

i had the same problem on my T3.
i did everything to find out what the problem was but didn't find it. it only happened on very slow corners when you acclerate, on every other parts of the track car was perfect.
i finally go back but to the t2 2009.
i did the euro last week.

what i really think was my problem i made cyano on every hole under the chassis, and if there is a very small amount of dirt you can already get some tweak in the car. everything was straight on the car, rebuildt other things again and again, did some testing....

and the other problem from changing to lipo, modified racing with variable timing, a speedo which was set to agressive and all together made the car really hard to acclerate after slow parts.

when you are using sweep tyres or xenon, the problem can be reduced or even is away but next time you put sorex tires on (which really have more steering) problem is still there.

my first race was ets in warschau with both cars (T3 and T2 009), track was not easy and poor grip, modified with 2009 was very nice and in stock with my t3 it was really hard, and on every race i had the problems still i sell it. this is not a solution but i did it. but can't wait for the nice new xray.

other t3 from my team mates works amazing

greetings
joe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 17:31:04 

The diff was Ben's problem, it felt fine off the track but on the track you couldn't put the power down.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 00:44:47 

yep, turned out it was the diff. funny thing is though the one i put in actually feels worse than the one i was having problems with :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01:17 

what was the problem with the diff ???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:21:07 

no idea..... just put a fresh one in and the problem went away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43:09 

Ok , i had a silly little problem like that at ETS after fitting a new diff with new ciramic balls

Never did figure out the problem it just got better as i ran the car through the day :?:?:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 13:32:53 

Not currently a risk for me as I have a SPec-R diff with 3000 oil in it.
The rip out of corners is far better.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 19:42:09 

i got one here , i am just about to fit it tomorrow

need some help with that though

is 3000 oil not too thick for the diff ??

i was advised to use 1000 or maybe 2000

how full do you fill the diff ??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 02:06:47 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 07:30:05 

ok cool thanks Skiddings

I am off to see my 1:8th racer mate to get some diff oils tonight then build it and test it at the weekend

Thanks for the help

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 21:15:28 

hi guys,

on the euro the drivers who used the spec-r diff run on 1000wt oil.
the harder the oil inside the less turn-in you get.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 22:28:05