[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XT8 servo saver flexing

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 07:17:26

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XT8 servo saver flexing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 02:28:54 

I have an 09 XT8 and the top part of the servo saver that the steering linkage from the servo attaches to flexes quite a bit and gives up quite a bit of steering. Is there any fixes for this? Thank you.

Post subject: Re: XT8 servo saver flexing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 14:56:39 

Are your endpoints set correctly? Sometimes the servo wants to turn further than the design allows.
Also, have you adjusted the spring tension on the servo saver? Otherwise I see nothing on mine that would cause such an issue unless you have something broken or screws missing. Hope this helps.

Off topic: I see Spfld Mo on your profile. Id like to see you bring that xt8-09 on over StLouis way sometime and run with us at Glidden park in Collinsville IL. :D We'll be there this saturday.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 00:59:02 

Does to "arm" bend or the "round part" that touches the spring? If it is the "round part" then you have to replace it. I've had the issue for a few times. If you run the saver quite tight it will bend the plastic and over time it will get very flexy before braking alltogether. But on my XT8 I remember that some (more than you'd think) bending was fine...

Maybe you can compare it with a friend's car?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 20:36:39 

This also happened to me and the only reason it was happening was because the servo was touching the mudguard at the bottom. So take a look and see if the bottom of your servo is touching the mudguard and if so, remove the mudguard and dremel out some material to make the servo sit better. Its not endpoints or anything, I had the same issue and that was the problem. Ofcourse Im talking about the throttle servo.

But being that the graphit servo tray was twisted because of the throttle servo, it may have offset your steering servo as well. Worth taking a look.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 16:33:29 

I replaced it with an oem part and it fixed the problem. Maybe it had somehow got hot and softened up or the material used that day was a little bit softer than spec. Who knows? But it turns great now, and thats all I care about.