[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Pan Car Axle - Problem???

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 09:29:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Pan Car Axle - Problem???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 04:11:11 

Wondering how many others have had problems with the axle? Specifically the threaded section coming loose from the main shaft thus not allowing the diff to tighten. I have now had it happen twice and I sure don't think I'm alone. I know I didn't tighten the diff too much as I leave it loose then tighten on the track just enough.

Just want to know how many have had this problem and if there is anything that can be done about it.

Post subject: Re: Pan Car Axle - Problem???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 18:14:15 

I had 2 of that!! And i don´t know why?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 18:46:29 

XRAY, can this issue be looked into please.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 21:48:30 

This forum is an area for public discussion.

The Xray staff do check in on the forums, but they are not constantly following all areas.

IF you have a specific product issue that you want Xray to look into please contact your local distributor or email Xray directly at info@teamxray.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 09:05:51 

ChrisP,

what a poor answer you did......

This forum is the official XRay forum, not a Teenager forum for XRay products.....

I'm sure racers with some problems asked first their local Hobbyshop then, asked local distributor and......

After 3 months with the problem and without any answers, it's normal to ask directly the manufacturer!!!

Romuald

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 09:09:16 

Hello from France,

For the axle problem, to make it a little bit more reliable, you have to use a steel M3 nylstop nut instead the aluminium one.

Au revoir.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:24:03 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 22:48:27 

I wrote in the other topic, I had the same problem and I think that Xray Staff need to find a solution, because we can't buy solid axle every week

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 09:41:13 

I've raced aprox. twelve races with X10L and I have the same axle from the beginning but I saw several broken axles in past

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 14:48:20 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 16:34:54 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 04:52:41 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57:19 

I sent an email already (Tues).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:00:42 

I sent an E-Mail to about 2or3 Month ago and the answer was that Xray don´t knows anything about an Problem with the Axle!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 18:14:36 

I still haven't heard anything from my email. Hopefully Xray will see there may be a problem with the axle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 18:19:35 

keep it up, Xray team is attending the IFMAR 1/10th 200mm World Championship in USA. I hope they will solve it later

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 18:36:10 

Maybe they can stop by our local track on their way home :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38:33 

Hi guys,

the results of the analysis of broken graphite axles we had received showed that the diff had been overtight and caused the damage to the axle. You must be carefull to not overtight the nut.

XRAY will soon offer an option part and any new publicly available information will be for sure posted at http://www.teamxray.com so I suggest you to subsctribe for news to be informed right away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 13:35:03 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 00:05:33 

Here is a pic of my second broken axle next to a brand new axle. You can see the threaded portion came loose. The bearings would not slide off after this happened so that is the reason for the missing section from the main shaft.

From my best guess part of the problem is that the hub is placed right over this weak spot. Any tap can break the threaded section loose from the main shaft. If I'm wrong please correct me. I've always tightened the diff on the track just to the point where it doesn't slip. Most times I go looser. I can't be over tightening it :?