[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Ask Jerome Sartel

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 05:20:38

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask Jerome Sartel
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 06:34:15 

tried 4-4-2 diffs on the weekend and loved it.. so easy to drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 23:31:41 

Jerome any issues about the shocks consistency in finals with them hitting the bladder ??

Have u tested the new bladders or u have a permanent fix ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 09:33:28 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 09:37:30 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 15:10:38 

Hi Jerôme,

Yesterday I drove a few hours with a local French driver (PP with Losi Eight BL and sliperential) who was with you this weekend (Noeux les Mines).
Apparently you drive with the 808e, I converted the mine (spec 2010) but I have trouble finding the proper Shock setup.
Actually i use the silver springs and :
Front 6x1.4/700, rear 6x1.3/600 but it's too soft for receptions, I tried the blue gray springs but i think need to put Thicker oil.
Apparently you didn't change any settings from the 808th except the shock setup? Can you tell me more please, perhaps using 6x1.3 front and 6x1.2 rear ??
Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english :oops:
Best regards

/JP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 15:20:35 

[quote="Jiper"]Hi Jerôme,

Yesterday I drove a few hours with a local French driver (PP with Losi Eight BL and sliperential) who was with you this weekend (Noeux les Mines).
Apparently you drive with the 808e, I converted the mine (spec 2010) but I have trouble finding the proper Shock setup.
Actually i use the silver springs and :
Front 6x1.4/700, rear 6x1.3/600 but it's too soft for receptions, I tried the blue gray springs but i think need to put Thicker oil.
Apparently you didn't change any settings from the 808th except the shock setup? Can you tell me more please, perhaps using 6x1.3 front and 6x1.2 rear ??
Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english :oops:
Best regards

/JP[/quote

Hello JP!!

no problem about your enlish..mine is not so good too!! ;-)

yes, This week I drove the 808E and the car was really good!

The only modification between my nitro car was the shocks! I was using 6x1.2 piston in the rear (RB 250 oil), and 6x1.3 in the front (RB 400 oil), using the blue grey blue srping! do not forget to use really thin anti roll bar! I was using 2.2mm in the rear (outside position), and 2mm in the front

the wheelbase was completly in the back, like I often use on the nitro car.

try this set up and let me know your feeling about!!

jerome

PS : say PP he had to drive a 808E car...he will be much more faster!!! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 16:22:21 

hallo to everybody here, really appreciate this thread! thanks a lot jerome and compliments for your racing carreer!
(also for me...poor english! sorry)
i'm useing a converted xb808 '09 spec into electric.
not reaching a good set up: lack in traction and bad damping!
local track: bumpy rooted, tight corners, lots of acellerations but no long straights.
first set up was the standard:
diff 7-5-2
susp: ant 1.3/600 post 1.4/350 (silver spring)
after some changes (higher roll center)
diff 10-7-2
susp ant 1.3/600 post 1.4/550 (blue sping)
the car is a little bit dialed, but i fight with some understeer and sudden wheelspin on the rear!
any help will be appreciated
ciao
giuseppe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:05:57 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 08:53:34 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:17:09 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 07:52:13 

lots of information, thanks.
as soon as i can try your advices, i'll post my impression.
seems like i was going in the opposite way (hard diff oil, outer/under absorber holes, wheel base, anti roll bar)
looking forward to test on track!
ciao

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 23:25:09 

finally on track for testing your set up.
it was another car!
i can say i really drive for the first time the xb808!
the track was dry and dusty, full of holes, some roots and bumpy. only one part of the track was smooth (the straight and some turns)
high and long jumps and a triple.
in each part i was able to be faster than in the past. thigt lines with the car very stable and easy to drive.
the rear always was in the line, no oversteer or poor traction (same tires)
i'd like to fine tune the car to better suit some fast/open turns: i got some flipping(!?) in the middle of the turn ( excess of grip?!) that couse me to slow down in doing those turns.
there was the feeling to enter fast in turn, with the right line, but at one point the car was on the two outer wheels and then over its back!
any help?
thanks again
giuseppe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 19:38:09 

thanks again, with your tips i was able to finish second to our local race last weekend.
your set up really works

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:39:06 

Congratulation for your result!!

hope you will continue on that way! :P

about your problem on your last message, you can maybee try to modify the camber of the car(a bit more positive), or maybee change the balance of the car with changing the height of the car! put the same height front and rear, or just put the car lower!

Hope You will be able to win your next race!! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 20:25:33 
team driver

Way to go Pink Panther!!!!

http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.php/gallery/image.raw?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23:44 

Hey Jason!

fine? can't read your link...

can you send me another one?

jerome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 20:32:12 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05:47 

compliments!
what about your feeling with the electric car?
what was your power train like? motor esc battery gearing?
the final was 20 min, right?
ciao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 09:31:21 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:25:16 

thanks for the reply.
i use a losi 2100 motor and mamba monster esc, pinion 16 or 17. its more than enough to go as fast as nitros.
with which car you were faster? not realy important, just a curiosity
what tires do you run? any differeces betwen ele and nitro in tire choice
regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next