[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 13:31:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 22:48:54 

Well since I have cracked the egg of the subject, what, exactly, would it take for a guy to come to where one of you team drivers practice/work out? I understand that you all likely have regular jobs and dont just sit around all day tinkering with toy cars. Errr uh, precision scale racing machines. :wink:
I also understand that it isn't prudent to open one's life/home/business to some idiot from the internet.
But, seriously, is there ever an opportunity available where you guys are on-hand to spend some time with an enthusiast? In the central midwest there is but one track in StLouis that has ONE big race per year - The Kyosho Nats in Kirkwood Missouri. I have been to that track.....once. The mood there was, that day at least, if you werent a pro level driver with a top shelf rig, don't put it on the track and be in the way. No time or intrest for noobs.

Thanks for the advice, though. At my rate of speed in learning the Xt8-09, The rest of you will be on the XT8-45...... :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 23:05:09 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 02:43:24 

Man thanks a LOT for the offer. Yes I do travel a bit. Or at least have until the recent economy down-turn. I do not yet formally race anywhere just yet. Im not about to be in the way out there. I did take up indoor short course racing this past winter and had a BLAST doing it in Jefferson City Missouri. I was more thinking of planning a vacation some time to spend a whole week or at least a couple-three days focussing intently on the XT8 and furthering my skills at driving the thing. When that time comes to pass I will likely drag this up again and perhaps make more tentative plans to go to Texas if I have to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 07:03:26 

Any of you going to Bryons race at Nitro Pit Oct 1 2010. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Bren Ralls on Fri Jul 23, 2010 08:14:50, edited 2 times in total.
Inapropriate or foul use of wording

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 14:45:04 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 19:59:34 
team driver

Here you go guys. This is from San Antonio, TX for our RC Pro State Series.

http://teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsd ... c05be682cd

Here is the set-up sheets.

Buggy
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=1361&setup=xb808

Truck
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=422&setup=xt8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 23:43:12 

Any ideas what could be causing rear diff bearing issues. I have done the grease fix with the sheild of and even backed the screws off 1/2 turn. I am only getting around 1 qualifer on the bearings. It is a 09 spec. The bottom of the chassis is very hot so I don't know if its shimmed to tight but the mesh feels good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 23:51:42 

I have had my XT8-09 to the track three times now plus one day out at a non-track and my bearings are still in good shape. This with only a quick blast of compressed air as maintenance. I really think that the old addage: "Get a good one got a good one; Get a bad one got a bad one." holds true here. And mine is the first high-dollar kit I have ever assembled. Point being Im not an expert by any means. And know that these team drivers would cringe at how I was abusing my truggy all three times. (Nothing broken thus far. :shock: :D )
In my other RCs I use the Avid bearings. They're cheap enough to treat as disposable items anyway yet still hold up really well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 16:24:03 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 04:17:06 

Leon,

How can I get more steering. I am using you 2009 base setup. It pushes bad coming out of a corner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 17:51:55 

Please let us know about your equipment and track.

Servos?
Servo saver tension?
Track surface, tire of choice of local 'fast guys'?
Just the box stock 09 setup??
Steering where? Off-power? On-power? In, out or in the middle of the corner?

Without knowing the answers to the above questions, I have found a very easy to drive setup using box stock equipment is:
Diffs - 5-5-5
Shocks -
Front: 45-40wt (600cst) w/ 1.4 pistons & silver springs
Rear: 35-30wt (400sct) w/ 1.3 pistons & silver springs
Put all suspension options in middle settings (i.e. shocks in middle of towers, camber links in middle of rear hubs, etc.).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 19:27:07 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 21:31:10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 09:24:13 

Hello,

it would be rude to burge in with a question but since it is similat to srt4s as soon as you answer srt4s then you could answer me as well :roll:

It my 6th practice session at the track and with a bit of blind guided advice I got my XB808 2010 more stable. I present you the most basic settings and the track condition.

My setup:
Silver springs
Diff oils 7-5-3
Front suspension 55wt 1.3
Rear suspension 40wt 1.4
Front camber 1.5
Rear camber 2
Ride height I havent measured but I think its a bit high :lol: defenitely over 35 cm front and back

Track conditions:
Dry
Dustry
Very bumpy
Low traction especially when racing outside the "optimal race line" where there is a lot of dust/dirt accumulated
There are 2 back to back bumps in one position of the track and another two back to back at another position in the track. There is also one single jump. All of them are aproximately the same size (not very steep) and as I have seen only very few drivers with good engines manage to overcome both with one go.

I am not disatisfied with my setup, I enjoy it, however when I run on a straight line the car gets knocked off the ground most of the times because the track is bumpy. Also sometimes again on a straight line the car is a bit hard to straighten up. I can also say that I have a bit of unwanted oversteer when exiting turns mostly.

Thanks and sorry for the many words

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 15:11:34 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 15:14:44 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 22:40:43 

Hi guys. Quick question. I need some help. Can someone tell me the length of the front axles on the 808? The shaft length is all I need. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Brad Shearer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 20:12:09 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 20:25:43 
team driver

Hey Norbert,

I'm running the 90 degree segment with the 43 gear and have yet to try the 120. I run the active diff in the truck at all times because it does give the truck more steering, off power and on power. I have not tried the 41 overdrive gear but only imagine it would be pretty good in the truck. The aluminum steering blocks will give you more steering throw plus you can dremel some of the arm away to give it even more, which is what I do.

If I can remember tonight I will snap some pictures and post here so you can see what I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 03:00:34 
team driver

Here are some pictures of how I modified the steering knuckles on my XT8.

You may be able to see on the A-arm where I dremeled it down as well because you will see where the knuckle hits the arm when you dremel into the knuckle. I also rounded off the caster block wher the knuckle arm hits. Also make sure you pay attention to where the knuckle hits the arm directly under where the bearings sit, not just the arm of the knuckle. Dremel and make the arm a flat surface in this area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next