[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Diff Thrust bearing

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:08:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Diff Thrust bearing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 19:30:53 

I need to rebuild my rear diff on a T2 009. I have new diff balls but do I need to replace the thrust bearing as well. The xray one costs £16 here in the uk which is very expensive if you have to replace it with every rebuild. Is there an alternative thrust bearing available in the UK for a sensible price.

Post subject: Re: Diff Thrust bearing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 00:26:01 

Hi i would suggest depending on how old the bearing is or if there is the slightest sign of wear that you change it when you do a rebuild. Here is a link to where i get my bearings from you will be amazed at the price of them i was( http://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?m ... 7e27e99895)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 00:21:39 

Thanks I have ordered some, for that price I can change them at every rebuild :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:27:04 

When i seen the price of the bearings from RC Bearings could not understand how Xray could justify the price of their bearings.
If people are a bit warey about the quality of the bearings because of their price i have been useing frust bearings from them in my NT1 Touring car for a while now and have had no problems with them at all.
Just remember just like any thrust bearing they need to be lubricated regularly otherwise the will not last.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 18:33:01 

:evil:
I have big problems with my whole drivetrain.

after 25-28 runsin the past , today i want to run again, but the car was only able to drive 2 chicanes and on the straight it lost power, feeling like an open diff.

1) some colleagues said, it is the rotor from my brushless - i usean other motor -some problem :|
2) some colleagues said,it is the main layshaft and the pulleys,- i check this, but can´t see any error. :|
3) one guy said, that there is a pending problem with the trustbearing of the diffs.
so i disassemble the whole diff, and what i can see is, that the diff balls are very loose in the spur gear (looking as they are too small!!) , and the cone washers were a little bit flat and not so strenght
after the rebuilting of the diff without a spare part i set it very,very tighten and try to run again.
AFTER 2 CURVES THE SAME ISSUE AS ABOVE;
LOOSE DRIVE TRAIN !!!!! :cry: --feeling like an open diff, also on the straight,car is getting slower and slower.....

we hold down the front tires and the rear tires and try to rotate the spur gear.
there is a small "click" and the spur gear jumps a small unit, but where ????

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE

I AM VERY;VERY ANGRY :evil:

AFTER 27 years of making this hobby I m on the end ....

after 4.5h of rebulilding, checking I have NO IDEA :shock:

regard

sad harry

in vienna

still have no idea what i have to buy to get in shape with my T3, whatI bought 2 weeks before.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 22:39:19 

I hope XRAYwill develop a gear diff in the future.
Tamyia have this already done for their Worldchampion.

Attachments:
sat-rheinardtrf416-2_mod.JPG
sat-rheinardtrf416-2_mod.JPG [ 116.35 KiB | Viewed 3285 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21:30 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:28:05 

thanks sidecarphil

and what are you thinking about my "mechanical" problem with my drive train?

is it the diff......

regards

harald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 17:46:01 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 18:14:55 

hello,

I drove a Robitronic 5.5T (84/23) -hot weather with nosram cooling fan) and a Rob. 7.5T (84/24), was happy on wednesday and on friday I only change from a Robitronic ESC to a SP GT2 ESC and assemble the new ECS shafts in the front .
on saturday after 3 fast chicanes on the straight the cars was going slower and slower.

i recongnize on the left side(ECS) that the ECS shaft was not able to run exaclty due the fact the loctite was to much and "blocks"the whole functionality - i change to a steel one.

but there is still a drive train problem as I describe it above .

- and I´m not able to find it - I´m sad about it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:49:19 

Harry

Have a close look at the diff again after you get the problem - is it slipping if you hold one wheel and the spur gear? If so, it may be loosening itself if the thrust washer is binding - putting a loosening torque on the screw during cornering. Never had this problem myself, but worth looking at.

I can also confirm that the rcbearing products are great, I have had no problems at all. Note that if you get thrust bearings from a 3rd party, get one with the grooves in the thrust races for the balls - it has a higher load rating than the flat races of the xray product. (The ones from rcbearings are like this). I use the Xray graphite grease on the thrust bearing and thicker silicon grease on the balls/plates of the diff. I think the xray silicon grease is a bit thin.....

Charles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 22:45:25 

hey,

.........some time is gone to think about many parameters, which were done or were not done from my side.

I trust, that the thrust bearing is greased out of the box, as it was in the past so. -- my fault

And of course, I really do not take much attention to break in the diff correctly. --my fault
-- I´m spoiled with the touring cars from 2003 time we drove, as we build up a diff and drive 1 year and more......

so tomorrow I will get new part, cone wahsers trust bearing diff plates , diff balls, etc.

I will rebuild the diff again with these new parts and then we will see what will happen on Friday......

so please, wish me the best.....

I trust in XRAY´s development competence.............. :)

since the first kit T1 2001 (with setup tools, and screw drivers) :mrgreen:

best regards

Harald

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 23:58:30 

Dear all,,
I have to apologize. :roll:

it is/was NO mechanical error - - no thrust bearing, no diff balls etc.....

it is/was a NON-compatibility between Robitronic motor and SP Gt2 ESC.
if the motor runs warm (at 60 Deg . Celsius),the motor is sending something to the ESC and the ESC doesn´t work correct or goes in sensoreless mode.-
and this error has a sound like a open diff. - the ESC is not able to "pump" the electrical timing on the motor - the motor is doing like a pig "queeek"

this problem appears also at LRP SXX stock spec ESC with other 13,5T Robitronic motors. - if they are "over-timed" (setting over 4 degrees on the motor)

today it was very hot here in vienna about 34 deg celsius - so everybody has to reduce their boost and supercharging levels on their ESC´s.

So, I´m very sorry, that I suspect the team xray or my dealer Roman Stopka.....that they make mistakes...or were not well informed of something or they playing with weak parts

the only thing what I can summarize is, that I have learned a lot of "special" issues of Rc-racing today!! :mrgreen:
eg. ESC setup - motor temp - boost levels, gearing etc....

thank you to everybody, who tried to help me..
sorry that you have a lot of inconvenience with me

regards

harald

vienna