[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants YOU!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 15:25:46

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Good and bad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 21:54:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 16:37:51 

I like

1.Nice design
2. Easy to set up
3. Balance
4. flex adjustable
5. all drive shaft and suspension are heavy duty

I don't like

1. Plastic shock(but now I change alu shock already)
2. Spool out drive so weak but I can accept that

Always Xray!!!!!

Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants YOU!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 22:24:40 

I like

Easy to drive
Lots of setup options
Good price
Solid components

I dont like

Fast wear of composite parts
Engine mount in bigger pinion (48 pitch,26 up because i drive in junior class "540" in poland)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 08:12:05 

Manufacture of Formula One has to go through a long and complicated process. Design from the beginning to the first test requires 6-10 months. In this process plays a major role in the computer, the computer's capacity and simulation software allows engineers to estimate the performance of the car. However, 90% of those who can produce their own parts of the ultra-modern factory, the machine has not completely replace human skills. So far there is not a robot able to bend the exhaust pipe connected with the engine. [Simulation speed]: manufacture car before using reduced scale models in wind tunnel experiment, wind speed of 300 km per hour to simulate the speed of the car on the runway. [Safety measures]: drawing room and workshop are as closely guarded like a bank. The heavily guarded base, surrounded with walls, a report on the beat, night lights, to ensure the confidentiality of nothing more than diarrhea. [Formula of the six stages of production]: 1, in the paint before the first layer made of carbon fiber car shell in a vacuum furnace roasting; 2, the engine rigidly mounted to the rear car; 3 car side of the wing tank shell cover the radiator; 4, transmission and engine assembly after connection into one (need to work 20 hours); 5, the installation arm, suspension, brakes and rear rotating device; 6, installed on the flange, body and wheels. The car finally started. Only the transmission and engine electronic management system is necessary to leave the car pulled away just before installation. [Key members of the team]: 1, technology director, the overall responsibility for development and engineering; 2, mechanics, drivers of its comprehensive treatment of Mechanical Engineering; 3, race engineer, responsible for the technical aspects of racing game; 4, Design Studio manager, the organization responsible for the design room; 5, air force engineer, responsible for aerodynamic research; 6, composite materials director, responsible for the management Composite Materials Department, in the field of composite materials using the latest technology; 7, machine shop director, responsible for mechanical the daily management of the processing plant; 8, electronic engineers, responsible for recording and enter the car all the data; 9, paint and decoration, the body responsible for technology, according to sponsors of intent to appropriate parts of spray paint and printing of words and images. They represent 9 Formula various sectors of production. The veteran engineers in the team working under the guidance of technical director, the director can be called a true "car of the husband." Increasingly complex technology used to promote the team directly from first-class technology and aviation colleges to add engineers. [Material for car body]; 1, carbon sandwich panels, for the manufacture of car shells, composite materials, the aluminum honeycomb structure expert caught in between two pieces of carbon fiber, and then in a vacuum furnace manipulation to the aggregate, the results of this plate 1 aluminum light weight than ordinary times, high strength 1 times. 2, Nomex (NOMEX) honeycomb structure, Nomex honeycomb structure of the narrow part of the shell for the vehicle, such as the nose cone front. Although rigid than aluminum, but it is light, flexible, and easy processing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 14:26:10 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:31:39 

I like the T3 in general, many improvements over 008/009, BUT we seriously need a narrow chassis to keep up with the competition. At the moment there is only aftermarket versions of narrow chassis available, which is a shame.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 00:27:18 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 19:40:17 

I drive 008, 009, T3.

What I Like :

1) Very Very high durability
2) quality of parts
3) item of good sense (ECS, dust cover diff, first belt reversing model, very easy shock potion change.. etc)
4) many compatibility parts. (between old and new version)
5) possible of fast maintenance, fast setup.

I would like to change :

1) plz introduce plastic parts about change available lipo position. inner ~ outer (I want to more outer lipo position.
it make solve many problem)
exp. chassis balance about each weight rule.
interference about lipo connecter and upper deck when wire link under upper deck.
compatible each different lipo weight

2) compatible spur assembly system. (I can't other product)
or plz introduce CNC machined spur. likely new Xenon spur, hirosaka spur, speed mind spur

3) I experience inconveience about change roll center except -0.75, +0.75.
I want to -0.5 +0.5 but, it is very awkward to do. (rear side 2 piece arm block works)

4) very small problems.
exp. When assemble 2 hole rear upright outer position, T3 turnbukle too short to fit. I want to outer setting likely basic 416 set-up.
new L1, L2 is good to rubber tire. but it make remove quick roll center setting. other position became useless.
thrust bearing unit is good. It is very good for XII. but in 1/10 touring car, I thought would like that more durability made it.
for example. ball size more small, and add 1~2 pcs. nowdays, thrust plate was made stabbed by ball when powerful throttling, sometimes.

5) current joint system(dog bone, 3.5C-Clip, 7075 diff joint) is good.
well.. I like new kyosho TF6 joint system, too.
I said it come true to introduce option parts or nex kit include.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 09:46:35 
team driver

Hi IM SOO HONG,

thanks for the feedback

regarding to outer hole on upright. Please note that our car has different geometry than 416 and therefore you can not use same set up as they do. If you want to get better cornering speed I recommend to use middle upright position. Outer position is decreasing traction a lot and this hole is for foam racing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 21:51:41 

Martin,

Just a suggestion. Set up a youtube video of building and bleeding a shock. Seems like explaining over the forums isn't as effective as actually showing. I get numerous questions on the shocks and I always find myself having to show them visually. This would give you the opportunity to show what the drivers mean by 100 percent rebound vs 50 or 10.

Chris

Ps. This could apply to rebuilding a diff.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 18:53:35 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 21:25:21 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 17:41:29 

Hello All,

My name is Peter Taal and I drive a T3 EU (now) on asphalt in Hungary. I used to drive FK04,05, T2007, T2R pro. The T3 is a very good car. I have very good results with it. I feel I must share my thoughts with you :) .

pros
configurable and setupable without buying any hop ups.
tough plastic parts, and belts.
very good performace
the car is comparable to tamiya and HB
joint balls dont come off after collision
good diff with dust cover
weight balance

cons
the CVDs in the previous cars were like a dream, but with the T3 I had to polish off the black painting from the dogbone parts, even on the rear to make them smooth. I think you should use anodized or natural dogbones in the CVDs in the future.
with the basic setup the car understeers a lot
the upper rear camber link touches the wheel, have to cut off some material from the rear wheels
expensive spare parts

regards
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 23:11:16 

Please include turnbuckle wrenches in the box. These are near impossible to find at local hobby shops. It's a huge disappointment when you rush order your car, wait several days, only to find that you can't put the thing together and have to wait several more days for wrenches to get shipped out to you.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 07:24:32 

I think turnbuckle wrenches are tool box eseantials

i have had some (Sorry Mr Hudy) TRF turnbuckle wrenches for years

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45:43 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 14:37:44 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30:27 

Allmost a tough car

Following things will make the car better:

1. Alloy Shocks

2. Screws to fix the body (like Corally Pancar)

3. Protective sheet for the chassis plate

4. Tools (screw wrenches)

5. Manual in more languages

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 23:47:21 

I've just bought my T3R i'm generaly happy but there are some disadvantages but first i'll start from advantages:
+ Great stability
+ Easy to drive
+ Lot of improvment
+ A lot of things you can adjust easier than in older versions by just changing place of one screw
disadvantages:
- Wear of plastic parts, it's problem in Poland on open road tracks they're bad quality and 4 races on one track completly wear those parts
- Instruction for T3R, you should do it in colour only for T3R it'll be easier for "newbies"
- In T3R parts 302581 and 302583 are too long, when you're turning they hit upper deck and make it flex.
- Since long time bad engine mount for lot of 540 motors, for example saturn 20t.

Regards,
Jan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 20:03:18 

Some commnets for Xray next 1/10 EP

1) Twin-crank steering, just like 416 or TCX. This steering system has better performance than singlg-crank type in most cases;

2) Use pivot ball in suspension mount to marke sure the suspension arm moving smoothly;

3) Thinner chissis, 2.25mm;

4) Alu shock in pkg. Needn't OP;

5) Gear diff.

Best Regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next