[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With Brennan Ralls

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 05:16:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With Brennan Ralls
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 16:52:13 

G'day guys just wondering on the xt8 09 can u put the carbon brakes from the 808 on the xt8 and is there away to get abit more steering out of the truggy kinda use to the buggy on tight tracks

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 17:35:03 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 00:54:25 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 21:00:52 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 15:10:59 

Hello
Driving my xb8'10 on very bumpy/rough track with clay/rock surface. With standart setup car feels unstable and hard to keep on course both on- and off-throttle.
What things would you recommend to change first of all? Thinking about removing swaybars and put thinner shock oil, would it help?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 21:29:29 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 01:05:47 

Hi Bren next saturaday i will race in a sandy, bumpy an duty truck with this set up:
xform/index.php?act=edit&ID=1293&setup=xb808
my cuestion is if this set up is ok, and about front roll center. hudy set up guide said, if i want to increase the stering and a more reponsive car, i sould use the upper holes in the front shock tower (lower roll center). But i read more set up guides on internet and said the opposite. if i want to increase the steering and i want a car more responsive i should use the lower holes in the front shock tower (higher roll center).

Best Regardes

Fernando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 08:22:46 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 13:51:22 

Thamks Bren Ill try it on Saturday. One more cuestion, ion the set up sheet i can't see. Where were you attach the rear shock in the rear shock tower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:10:54 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:21:08 

Hi Bren
On my 808 2010 I've been greasing my diff bearings after every race day an they have been fine. But by regreasing all the bearings the driveline has alot of drag and doesn't spin freely. Is there an oil I can use on the bearings Instead of grease that will allow them to spin freely?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 14:34:16 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 14:25:03 

Thanks for the quick reply Bren.
I'll stick with what I'm doin
do xray sell there bearings in individual sizes in bulk packs like 20-30 at a time
if so is there part numbers to order with.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 08:27:12 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 09:40:05 

Hi Bren
I'm running your starting setup on my 808 2010 with only slight changes and 41th front on a med grip smooth jumpy track an if I get slightly out of shape an throttle off quickly the rear end just flicks around out off control. Is this because of the 41th front gear? The car is just unpredictable to drive consistant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 21:08:59 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:59:27 

Thanks for the fast reply Bren. Much appriciated. I went back to the 43 and the car was dialed at the track yesterday. Happy days . Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 00:00:56 

not so much a question, but rather a statement.

I would like to thank you for your time and effort replying to questions posted on the forum, i have been reading this thread since i got a xray about 4 months ago and have found it both informative and a hive of technical tips which i have put too as much use as i can. i did actually meet you very briefly at slough about a month ago, after i bent a rear hinge pin and did not have another one to replace it with. you came to my aid and dug me one out and even after refusing an offer for me to pay for it, got on with your day. i would like to say thank you. this is the reason why i go racing. the companionship and the ever willingness to help another driver who you hadnt even met until that day.

I will continue to race and maybe one day i will be able to qualify up with the top guys, (getting closer all the time) but its still nice to know that even the factory drivers are not so above themselves that they are willing to lend a hand to us privateers.

Once again thank you Brennan and i am sure that all your hard work will be rewarded.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 08:26:26 

Thanks Wolf808 your welcome, I can put a name to a face now. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 15:00:30 

well thanks for the tips, it helped a lot, 5th in the B at the kent SRS not bad for bump up from the C, just got to do the same at Herts next week. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next