[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 15:23:25

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:45:02 

Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 19:15:35 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 16:29:36 

Hi Paul,

In a nutshell, when I come off power into a corner be it a hairpin or a sweeper the front tires bite suddenly causing the rear of the car to slide. It happens just as you lift off the power and have some steering lock on. On power the car is planted even after it has had a slide going in. (4.5 brushless with lipo)

Ive tried different tyres (new and old) and it happens on high grip and low grip tracks.

I started off with kit setup, then I tried changing things but nothing has had a pronounced effect on changing this characteristic of the car. I'm still currently using kit setup.

The only changes that have had a slight effect are increasing the rear toe to 3.5 degrees (inboard toe) and anti dive on the front of the car using the -0.75 blocks at the front of the arms.

I tried changing the oil to 550cst all round and also tried 2 hole pistons but that didn't seem to help. I have also played with most of the other settings but again nothing.

Any tips on things to try? Thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:45:22 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:52:19 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:57:54 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46:22 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14:52 

Thanks Paul, The car feels good although lacking a little steering but with the excessive wear im hesitant to dial in more. I'm leading our seasons points score in 17.5 and getting faster lap times each meet but I know im still not fast enough for the drivers that come from interstate for our state titles so im searching for more. ill try your suggestions this weekend as I have the 1 hole rear toe blocks now so that gives me a slightly longer camber link and Ill rebuild the shocks with harder oil up front.

Also, Congratulations on your Win at the Reedy. Having a look at your Reedy set up and in particular your description of your Front camber link. Can you explain how you ended up with such an extreme modification and would it be possible for you to take a picture of your front set up so we can see? I cannot picture what you've come up with and your car looks so planted in the Videos. Love your Work. Benzaah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 15:04:47 

Hi Paul. Congrats on the Reedy win.

I noticed in your setup you lean your rear shocks right over. I've been trying to get my head around what shock angles do in theory and in practice. My thinking is that more angle means more progression. Then that is also what a stiffer spring does, gets stiffer faster as it compresses. So is adjusting the shock angle like making a very small spring change or is there more to it than that?

With such long front links and lower front roll center, that thing must have been driving on it front wheels!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 19:27:38 

Hey Paul

Well done at the Reedy race

I have a question

Our track is always covered in dust and it is low traction asphalt

how would you set your car up for this ???

See you at the worlds

cheeRS Phil

this is my current setup sheet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 17:06:41 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 17:11:40 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 17:18:40 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47:01 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 18:14:14 
team driver

Hi Paul,

In the setup above, I'm interested in your opinion on using FrontCamber=1.0 degrees and RearCamber=0.5 degrees ??

Cheers :)[/quote]

Hi, I do think that camber is too little, my car would be hard to drive with those settings. i would think that 1 in the rear and 1.5 in the front would be better, same ballance and a little easier to drive. i normally start at 1.5 all around and go from their.

Im off to a race for the next week, Thanks.

Post subject: Camber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:57:41 

Post subject: Re: Re: Were is the servo saver post.....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 02:19:31 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 17:03:05 

hello,

congratulations witch your a-main at the worlds

also to alexander, great job !

wel done

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 21:56:56 

Great to meet you today Paul

Hope you got home ok

and i will keep you updated on my new chassis progress , I ordered the 2mm thick Carbon plate as soon as i got home ;)

We got caught on camera too :? :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 06:12:34 

hey Paul

Do you have any tips for setup on low traction, asphalt and technical track, rubber tyres. As im really struggling to get a setup.

im running T2 008, cant seem to get rid of oversteer, when i make a change to fix one then the other happens. mid corner- under brakes, off power and then on power. rear is all over the place.

if you have a setup that will eliminate this, that would be gladly appreciated.

cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next