[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - High Speed Stability

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 17:23:56

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: High Speed Stability
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 21:28:40 

My son and I borrowed an 808 over the weekend for another X-Ray racer, he knew that we were going to start looking at another buggy. Any ways we started with the Rocca setup, and headed out to the track to got and practice, after a few tanks, my son really got the hang of the buggy, and we did make a few changes, we noticed that the rear of the buggy would pop or kick up after a few tanks, and the ride heght had changed. We ran into this on the losi and had to do a shock mod, but end put the mugen shocks on it, and readjusted the droop, and what a difference, the buggy now would really sail over the whoops, and would absorb the ruts. The only thing we couldn't figure out was the buggy at high speeds was unstabile, sort of wanted to skate around, any suggentions to try?
The buggy is great on duribility and taking the hits, after awhile my son just kept coming in for fuel, 5 tanks in a row, he only flipped over 3 times, which was great, and he was all smile after that.
I heard that tohe 2010 chassis is longer, does it help the high speed stuff?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: High Speed Stability
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 22:59:15 

For longer runs or finals whenever its warm would suggest running heavier shock oil,a 5 minute run the car stays consistent but any longer the shock oil warms up & goes thinner. On a std car at this point the shock diaprams sometimes collapse so it runs lower giving the loose rear end feel & odd handling.
The new ribbed & bigger shock membranes stop the collapse & make the car consistent for far far longer so well worth the investement.
The 2010 car or chassis is longer & gives a far more consistent car making it easier to maintain a fast pace.
Right your setup & attach it then we can guide you as to your high speed stability.

Post subject: Re: High Speed Stability
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 16:54:24 

Like Bren said, the 2010 chassis did take the 'skatiness' out of the car and improve consistency. But you may look at running more caster or kick-up to make it more forgiving to steering inputs at speed.

Also adding to Bren's post, definitely take a look at the new ribbed shock bladders (378083) and new 8 & 10 hole pistons (358034). These made my car feel MUCH better.