[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With Brennan Ralls

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 05:14:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With Brennan Ralls
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 04:03:43 

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 07:45:12 

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 16:17:17 

noted with many thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 01:01:55 

Thanks for the reply Bren.Sorry for my delayed responce. I was wondering about the bearings because I was deciding on another 08 808 NIB for a smokin deal or spend the extra money on the 2010 for full price but pre triple bearing update. I went with the 08 as I never had a single pinion bearing issue in 27 gal on my old 08 just leaky diffs but have found a way around that.

Thanks again Jamie white.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 07:31:48 

Bren,
Just finished putting my XT8 2009 Spec truggy and did the initial shakedown on the street today. Everything seems to be working like a Swiss watch but I wanted to ask you couple things and see what you think.
The truck seems very soft with the stock blue springs. I haven't had it on the track yet so i'm not sure how badly will it bottom out but comparing it to the RC8T that I switched from I think it will. I went with the middle of the road and installed 1.4 x6 hole pistons and i put associated 50wt front and 40wt rear oil? I'm having a hard time finding a current setup for a truggy for a fast track with fairly big jumps so any help will be greatly appreciated.
If i wanted to go to stiffer springs what do you guys use, the 808 buggy springs?
What is a good downstop starting point. I think I saw you post 104mm front and 114mm rear but I'm not sure if that's for a buggy or a truggy.
Thanks a lot,
Norbert

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 21:57:52 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 03:10:12 

Hi there Bren, more questions regarding my old XB8TQ.
All my oils and greases etc have arrived.
While replacing bearings and rebuilding diffs, shocks etc I am building the car following a setup sheet I found in the setup section.
My question is I have fitted the 38T front crown wheel, and it has the standard 40 in the rear, I have a 13t clutch (with 1.1mm clutch springs), in amongst the parts supplied with my second hand car I have found a 46t and a 45t centre diff gear, I am wondering which one would be best to fit.
The track is a loamy surface that we wet down approx every hour.
There are a couple of slow corners with not much run up after them to some doubles, I would like more punch out of the corner to get speed up to clear the doubles.
I have also just bought some super soft tyres from Sweep racing so these should help aswell.
We do have 1 long straight that I feel will reach max revs before the end but I think that clearing the doubles would give me a faster lap time than reaching a higher speed on straight.

I have gone with 3000 oil in front and 5000 in rear (I also have supplies of 7000 oil) what oil do you recomend for centre - the setup sheet says 5000.

Thanks in advance.

Oh an intersting side note, I did not realise till I pulled it apart, but the second buggy I bought and have been using does not have the "A" arm front upper control arm, instead it uses the same outer link as upper front on both ends, I do have spare used and new "A" arms, should I fit these to regain more adjustability?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 20:58:04 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 01:36:54 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 08:01:40 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 09:18:28 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 21:27:16 

:D Hi can anyone help with a basic set up for uk tracks for an xb8,also is there a way of setting droop without the blocks and gauge as money is tight right now(saving for set up station) :roll: . what diff & shock oils y'll runnin i been told to use 45wt oil for shocks is this right ?

thanks all :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 22:20:17 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 22:34:48 

If you do want to get the shims, here they are at amain:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 22:42:57 

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 05:50:44 

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 08:19:26 

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 19:53:45 

thanks i am looking to join a club i live in sw london so i think tracks would be orpingdon or fairlop[/quote]
Not heard of orpingdon, Fairlop is a small club the north side of london near the M25 not ran there yet but setup given will work well.
SW or W of london is Remote world model car club RWMCC or better known as Slough & right next to it, this is a big club with regular turn outs of 80+ drivers & by far one of the best clubs in the UK.
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=1192&setup=xb808

There is an SRS regional event this sunday so take a visit , you will not get entry now as its a pre book event but will give you an idea of the club. website is RWMCC & directions on there.[/quote]

thanks for the set up also had a look nice track will pay a visit

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 09:30:47 

Wll Bren a little positive fed back for you.
After rebuilding my car to the build sheet you linked I managed 1 lap at 43.2 as opposed to our fastest buggy guy who does consistant 42.8's so There is nothing wrong with the setup, and I am sure that with more practice I too will be running consistant laps.

The setup is pretty right as it is for gearing now as I manage the doubles no worries if I get the proceding corner right, so now it is just a case of me practicing.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 14:41:27 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next