[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY 808 2010 PROBLEM WITH DISTRIBUTOR ATTN. Team Drivers

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 15:17:25

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XRAY 808 2010 PROBLEM WITH DISTRIBUTOR ATTN. Team Drivers
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 01:25:41 

So this might sound like a rant, but at the risk of sounding like Im a complainer I just want to say that everyone on this site has helped me beyond what Ive expected and have learned a lot from all of these team drivers and will stray with the brand regardless of my current issue because I love my XRAY XT8 and the way it drives but I've had such a bad experience with this new 808 and the distributor I got it from that I may send it back and if I dont get SOME kind of support I may even jump ship if no one steps up to the plate to help me.

I recommended to my friend to get the new 808 buggy, 2010 spec. There is an issue with the diff bearings blowing out as we all know due to a flawed design with the 2 bearings and the spacer in the middle. Theyve (XRAY) has since created a remedy that all the "newer" kits will be supplied with, the remedy is a 3rd bearing to hold the pinion in place and protect against stress that causes diff/bearing damage.

So upon ordering the kit we specifically asked our local hobby store to make sure we get a kit from this so called "new" batch so that we dont run into this problem as we are racing and our day gets cut short. The kit came from the distributor based in Texas. He promised that the kit would be one of the newer ones with the upgraded parts....Ofcourse it was not.

Now hes telling us that if we want those upgraded parts we have to pay for them. This is unacceptable. You cant tell your customers that a flaw exists that will inevitably destroy your diffs and that if you want to save your kit you have to purchase parts that will make it run normally, and when we specifically asked for a newer kit to begin with. If it wasnt such a wide-spread problem XRAY wouldnt even be including the newer designed parts in all their new kits. It is a well established fact that this issue exists and we want it taken care of.

The Texas distributor is now ignoring all our phone calls, and will not respond to our questions. We are now stuck with a kit we spent well over $600.00 for that will inevitably have a running issue down the line, and I dont want to hear that "some" cars dont have a problem because if there is something that CAN go wrong it will.

Bottom line we refuse to pay for these parts as they shouldve come with our kit to begin with. All we ask is for some customer support to get these new parts sent to us or if possible to talk to this distributor to send us a newer kit as we originally asked. Only team drivers or xray employees can probably help us, so please respond as soon as you can. We've been looking at this kit way too long and need this issue addressed.

Post subject: Re: XRAY 808 2010 PROBLEM WITH DISTRIBUTOR ATTN. Team Driver
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 22:05:58 

I agree with you, this has been a problem since the original 808 I have already went thru 2 diff cases in my 10 spec, Xray should step up and give or itleast sell at a BIG discount the parts to fix the problem with the faulty design

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 02:13:45 

Hi Tony,

I am not sure who you are referring to in a couple of your points (the hobby shop or RC America), but I do know that we are not dodging your phone calls. I, along with the rest of our staff, will be in the office from 9am-6pm central tomorrow so you or your fellow XRAY racer can give us a call. The number is 214-744-2400. I don't know if you have had trouble getting through, or maybe the wrong number, but we haven't had any messages with concerns about the 808 kits recently, so hopefully you can give us a call during business hours tomorrow and we will be happy to speak to you. I have no problem with customers voicing their concerns or complaints on here or on the phone, but stating that we are ignoring your phone calls to make us look bad will not make us any more or less likely to assist you. :wink: I am not a big fan of team drivers, so getting them to call on your behalf is probably not to your advantange :P You should see how long it takes for them to get parts from us!

Regarding the new or old kits, it was not until last week that XRAY sent any info to distributors about any changes to the 808 kits, and no shops in the NY area have purchased a kit since that info was sent. So any kits sent out east were ordered well before any info was given to us regarding any kit changes. If your dealer did talk to one of us here about current kits, it would have been an true and honest answer to say our kits were up to date based on the information we were given by XRAY. Nobody lied to your dealer or deceived them to buying 'old' stock.

Regardless of how you, or any one else, came to purchase an 'old' 2010 spec kit, we will work with XRAY to find a solution. I have been working on that even before your rant today (contrary to your post we actually do care about our customers! :mrgreen: ). After receiving notice of the running change from XRAY last week, I inquired about exactly the situation that you described for your buddy, and we are waiting on direction from XRAY. If they decide to send out updated parts to existing customers, great! We will happily take care of our customers once we receive those pieces from XRAY. If there will not be an update program from XRAY, RC America will look at setting up a purchase program for existing 2010 customers at a reduced cost to help any recent or early 2010 spec purchasers with updating their kits. We will probably have more info once we can discuss further with XRAY this week.

Hopefully that will clear up some of the info in your post. I cannot guarantee that the final choice will be exactly as you have demanded in your post, but we are working to find a solution to assist our 808 customers. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bryan
RC America

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 05:57:18 

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:49:25 

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 14:11:09 

wow xray. really. over 100 bucks to fix my "fixed" 10 spec.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 19:22:37 

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 21:20:46 

i was told 45 bucks each for gears. not sure on price for new bearing retainer piece
and extra bearings. thats over a hundred bucks.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 20:24:03 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 04:35:38 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 09:02:54 

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 18:02:49 

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 18:15:12 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 02:47:20 

I have been dealing with RCAmerica/Xray for the past 6 years with no problems in customer service, orders or anything else. If you have problems with them or your LHS it should have been discussed with them and not on a forum. I wish all the companies I deal with would be half as great as RcAmerica has been to me. If there's a problem they will correct it.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 06:20:56 

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 01:56:57 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 07:45:03 

cool let us know how it works out. im a sucker for the latest and greatest as it shows for jumping into a 10 spec in my opion. i jumped losi to get ride of a bearing eating issue just to get into a bigger one. not only do the outer bearings go out ( i wouldnt really know i replace every race but very gritty) but i added the prices with bearings at amain prices and 95.87 without tax and shipping. SO WHAT GIVES???? plus all the headache and bearings gears and diff housings etc to fix failure they could hook up early model customers. they drove it they know. otherwise why the update ya know

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 07:54:09