[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T3 ---- General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 22:07:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: T3 Arms Bind
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:55:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 13:00:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 14:05:23 

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21:57 

Post subject: Re: All-new XRAY ............................... XRAY T3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:37:49 

Hey all,

A quick question, in the T3 manual it says to face the tab on the servo saver plastic cover (30 2551) to the rear, when on the T2'009 it faced forward. Is this correct?

Thanks, Corey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 14:23:05 
team driver

Hi Corey,

Yes, it is correct because the forward servo saver position on T3 is same as backward position on T2 009

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 01:21:55 

Martin, how long until we get a Lipo Only T3 Chassis?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 04:58:53 

Martin, You recently posted a new practice asphalt set up Sheet. Can i ask a few questions.

In using the new H roll center's you say corner speed is gained. Do you see this as a must have for this car? as i feel i have a lot of corner speed already with my current set up.
Are you using the optional 1 hole rear toe hubs? as you do not mention a rear camber link location on the sheet.
Lastly, Did you test the optional 2 hole front and rear arms and settle on the original arms? What other things were tested to come up with this new base line set up from the standard kit set up?

Im sure you know how much everyone appreciates your thoughts on these things. Regards, Benzaah.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:45:34 
team driver

Hi,

I would not say that you must have the H roll centers. Car works well with standard L roll centers, H are made as fine tuning when you want to gain more cornering speed and more roll.

Yes, I use middle uprights on asphalt because car has more cornering speed

Yes I test optional 2 hole arms, for those who are looking for set up that is easy to drive, 2 hole arms are good option. Then you can use outer hole on front arms to get smooth in corner steering, and inner hole in the rear arms to get more traction. I use standard arms because they provide maximum steering and cornering speed, but 2 hole arms can make the car easier to drive and more consistant.

few customers already tested my set up but they told me that for their driving stile, the set up makes the car oversteer. Than, I would recommend 3.0 springs in the front, 2.6 in the rear. The set up that I posted is made for maximum steering and cornering speed. Standard kit set up is made for average drivers who are looking for easy to drive car.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 03:14:21 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 00:12:09 

Hi Martin, are the single hole arms the same as on the 009 or is the hole in a different position? Would the 009 benefit from the optional uprights and the single hole arms if they are different from those on the 009?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:03:19 
team driver

Yellowshark,

Yes T3 one hole arms are same as on 009. The only difference is that rear arm has extra position for anti-roll bar. In my opinion, every serious racer should have both optional uprights and two hole arms in the spare box. Usually it is enough to have standard parts but at some tracks or conditions, these options works better.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:05:54 
team driver

B3nzaah,

6mm ride height is very high. If you want to protect your chassis from bumps, I would suggest to go with ride height to 5.5. With 6mm, your car rolls a lot and then has not enough response and steering.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:31:05 

Thanks Martin; credit card coming out this morning then :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 18:18:16 

Martin,

Sorry to keep this thread rolling, but I cannot find any reference to this question in the rest of the forums, though maybe my searches have just failed.

In your setup sheet, you specify that you are using 'outside' battery position. Does that mean you are using the T2 LiPo weights, and pushing the battery off the edge of the chassis, similar to an '009?

Thanks,
Ethan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:26:12 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 01:18:27 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 02:23:12 

Alum steering block for T3.

Anyone uses the alum steering block on their T3, will it has noticeable less steering than the plastic Ver 2 steering block that come with T3.

I am no sure why I have major problem breaking the T3 plastic steering block. No issue with my T2009 before for playing in the same track.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 04:50:28 

Hi Guys,

I've seen (and herd) of a few people running Gear rear diffs in their T3's.

What is XRAY's thoughts on this? What are the supposed advantage of a gear diff?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 16:47:38 

Hi

I've got a question regarding the centre Pulley for the T3. Are the pulley from Cyclone/ TA05 will fit into this one? I'm drifting and I'm trying to make counter steer by making different pulley for front and back.

and will part no #305104 fit into the front of the T3?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next