[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - X10 in SCAR

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 23:20:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: X10 in SCAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 02:11:41 

The debut of the Xray X10 in SCAR was a success :D With the stock setup from the box with the only change being some thicker damper grease I was able to better my best time, best lap and best average lap at Lou's Speedway. I was not expecting that at all. I thought it would take some time to get use to the car and get the chassis setup just right. The X10 was very nice to drive and was very smooth around the entire track. I just need to get the rust out from being away from the track for a month. The battery was held in by a strip of velcro and tape. It stayed in place perfectly and will not be an issue. I'm looking forward to getting back to the track to try some setup changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 08:54:10 

Great to hear. Looking forward the future race comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 21:05:29 

Here's the body I'll try out next time at the track. I have a Saleen on order to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 18:04:46 

The civic body was a no go. Too much of the rear fender had to be trimmed off to get the body down to the top body mount so I threw on my old Ford GT body. The X10 has been working really well for me but new tires really hinder the performance of the car. I found this with my other chassis to though. Also, with 57mm rears the lowest I can get the rear ride height is 6mm :shock: Is there a reason for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 14:49:14 

Here is the new ride. We'll see how she goes this weekend

Last edited by FOXY923 on Mon May 03, 2010 14:13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 06:49:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 07:16:43 

Here is my X10 Oval. Body was provided by Proto-Form and painted by the race organizer Tim Mackie

Last edited by FOXY923 on Mon May 03, 2010 14:15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 01:06:23 

Well, I'm going to try my X10 with a single cell lipo & 13.5 novak. I'm hoping this will help me with my driving and better speed to get my setup corrected. Haven't been able to get to the track as much as I would have liked lately so the slower car should surely benefit me. Maybe when the link chassis comes out the 2400 Orion lipo will go back in to full SCAR specs :wink:

Post subject: ''Newbie''
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50:39 

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestion you give!,that's very helpful!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 16:12:04 

spam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 19:00:09 

Well with the new esc's on the market SCAR has become a very fast class at our local track. There is now a new SCAR class to help people ease into this class as well as make it more spec then before.

SCAR 25.5 uses the new Novak 25.5 motor with the Havoc esc. This combo is the same as the USVTA rules will adopt in Sept/10. Along with this motor/esc combo is the usual SCAR legal Orion 2400 Lipo, Jaco or CRC WGT spec tires and HPI body. The change with the body comes in it having to be a 4 passenger body. With the slower speeds of the 25.5 the body isn't as important as in the 17.5 class. The bodies are to be painted like real race cars to give the class the look of real car racing.

XRAY will soon be entering in SCAR 25.5 as soon as the motor & esc arrive at the shop. Considering my debut with the X10 in SCAR 17.5 produced my best results of the class to that point, I look forward to the slower speeds on the indoor track. I feel it will help my driving, and also help to maintain consistent laps times.

Don't worry, SCAR 17.5 will be back as soon as the outdoor track is open 8)

Hopefully come fall I will have the X10 Link to run in both classes, although the current chassis has served me well...I just need to check the battery tape more often :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 15:57:37 

Post subject: Re: X10 in SCAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 16:27:38 

The new SCAR 25.5 X10 is ready to go. Just need to get to the track. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 00:27:25 

Another successful debut for the X10 in SCAR. This time taking on SCAR 25.5 the X10 TQ'd and took 2nd in the A main. I lead the main for most of the 6min but near the end the second place car applied enough pressure to break my concentration and give up the lead. The car felt really good after a slight caster adjustment and it was only my driving holding me back. If the T-bar X10 can perform this well with a 2 cell lipo just imagine what the X10 Link will do. Only time will tell :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 00:46:27 

Another great day of SCAR 25.5 racing. My X10 Link hasn't arrived yet so the X10 got the nod. Practice was great, no issues, car was driving just like it had when racing was done last week. Round 1 proved something was wrong as I was traction rolling for the first 1/3 of the race. I had to take it easy till the car came back. Once it did I started gaining on the field. Finished 2nd, only 2 seconds behind 1st. Round 2 was the same as round one only the car came back to me faster. My changes helped a little but I still needed something else. Finished second again but this time only 2 tenths off 1st. Before round 3 I re-glued my tires, hoping this would solve my traction rolling issues. The first few laps were looking just like rounds 1 & 2 but then the car came into it's own and I was off. Bettering my previous best time by a lap and taking the TQ, XRAY was on top. The main was fun and a few wall hits & lead changes for the top three made for a great race. In the end I crossed first giving XRAY it's first win in SCAR 25.5. Can't wait to hit the track again. Hopefully next time with the Link. Just think, if the T-bar X10 can do this good with a 2 cell lipo, how well will the Link do?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 17:52:33 

Another race day and more of my records broken. The X10 was working very well, with the only maintenance being done before or during the race day was a diff rebuild. Why mess with success?

X10 Link is here and should make it's SCAR debut Wed.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 17:03:53 

The amount of Xray pan cars at my local track has tripled with the arrival of the Link. If they only went that way to start there may have been more. Maybe we can convert some people :twisted:

My X10 Link will make it's SCAR 25.5 debut Wed. From what I've heard from others I expect great results. I will let you know how it goes :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 05:52:11 

The Link is sweet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

First round tonight in SCAR 25.5 I gained a lap, shaved off .4s off my best time and brought my lap average down .3s :D

2 more Links were bought tonight at the track and I'm sure many more in the future.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 19:42:25 

SCAR Racing has perhaps the largest concentration of 200mm Pan Cars in North America. We get as many 200MM Cars on a Club Night as are entered at the Major Indoor North American Races. Todate, about 95% of the Cars have been CRC GenX10s, probably due to the fact that up to now, they were the only chassis that was 2 Cell Lipo Ready.

I'm the founder and sponsor of SCAR. I'm pleased to see that Xray has developed the X10 Link which fits perfectly in our series. After running a CRC GenX10 for nearly 2 years, I have decided to campaign the new Xray. Ryan Fox has been the main, and only person to run an Xray, so give credit to him.

SCAR runs at Lou's Speedway near London Ontario Canada. The Main SCAR Forum can be found at www.londonrc.com.

Special thanks to Novak Electronics for their support and encouragement in this class.

Last week, I sold my SCAR Record holding CRC Cars so I can concentrate on the new XRAY X10.

Ryan and I will keep you informed on our progress.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 20:12:48