[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With Brennan Ralls

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 07:22:43

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With Brennan Ralls
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18:31 

Hi Bren.

I know it's a little of topic:

At the BRCA National Rnd 1 2010 race, you used the Hong Nor 2047 pipe. Is that a real top rpm pipe, that is good for long straights? What is the runtime compare to "normal" pipes you use?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 18:06:31 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 18:15:35 

Bren: Is your pick of pipes based solely on the specific engine you run?

I currently run the JP4 on my RB WS9 .21. I have this in my XT8-09. I know most guys run .28's in the truggys. But I was told the .21's will run right with th e28's and get better fuel mileage. But if my pipe is limiting my top end, as you say your testing proved, perhaps I should get another one?

I will be looking for a pipe for a buggy with the O.S. VSpec .21. Its not an xray but I couldn't refuse the deal. Having two different pipes would surely tell the tale on both engines I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 18:34:58 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:29:32 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 03:54:17 

bren,

i saw this piece of info, any comment?

Dear all Dealers & Customers,

XRAY has a new option for the front or rear pinion (10T).

Despite the 2010 pinion gear assembly has greatly improved the reliability and life time but due to some drives will have diff bearings failure problem. For a further improvement TEAM XRAY have designed this new pinion which will allow to install 3 bearings instead of 2. This assembly has been tested and run for several weeks with very positive feedback results and moves the reliability again a step further.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 08:27:15 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 08:53:22 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 19:11:24 

Hey Bren, I convinved one of my friends who wanted a new buggy to get the new 2010 spec 808. Now Im hearing that theres some serious issues with the diff bearings. Im still not clear about what the issue is from these posts. I cant understand what you guys are describing. Please explain in detail and what parts we need to buy so I can tell my friend what parts will remedy this issue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:11:54 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:36:42 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 15:13:47 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 05:25:27 

Hi bren

I'm trying to setup my 2010 808 with the starting setup you gave me and I'm using hudy setup gear but I don't know how you can get -2 droop front and rear as the shocks are to short and top out, for the Mounting holes you are using. Are you using longer shocks or different top mounting holes to what's on setup sheet . Do I just move the top shock postion to a lower hole? Will this affect to handling? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I ment -2 front, -4 rear droop I can only get -2 rear out of it an -1 front but that's max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 19:30:00 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 06:16:19 

i was thinking that might be the problem, ill check the shock shafts out.
thanks again bren. oh an i tried that standard setup u gave me for the 2010 model an with a few small tweaks to suit the track it was awesome on the weekend thanks again. :D :lol:

Post subject: Diff shimming ?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:05:53 

Hello Bren,

I'm just in the process of building a brand new 808-2010.
I had the pleasure to discover a little sticker on the box stating that this kit was supply with the "3 bearings" modification for the front and rear bulkheads !
My problem is that despite shimming to the maximum possible the rear diff in order to open a gap between the crown gear and pinion, it's still grinding when i spin it.
I've shimmed the right bearing using one 0.3 + one 0.2 shim located between the outside face of the bearing and the bulkhead, not like in the manual as i've already built the diffs.
Do you think this grinding is due to the crown gear and pinion being new and that the grinding will disappear with the wear of the crown and pinion and when they will be matched to each other?
Also i found myself using a total of 0.5mm to anihilate the lateral play of the diff in the bulkhead from brand new while in my 809 i didn't have to shim the diff straight out of the box.
Is it because Xray have simply increased the lateral tolerances between the diff and bulkhead ?
Finally does the bulkheads used in the "3 bearings" configuration are exactly the same as the bulkheads used in the normal "2 bearings" config. of the 810 ?

I hope my questions makes sense to you.

Thank you for your time

Best regards.

Matthieu

Post subject: Re: Diff shimming ?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 18:19:12 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 19:37:07 

Hi Bren
I have a few question about the new shock pistons (8 and 10 hole)
I notice it has rounded edge on one side and are flat on the other side, which side should face up and what difference will it make?
what is the difference between 8 and 10 hole Pistons?
Is 10x1,1 softer than 8x1,2 or 8x1,3?
Best Regards
Rune Gustavsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 20:22:34 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 06:10:07 

Hi Brennan,

Where do I purchase a new 3 bearing pinion? Is the part number available?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next