[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3 droop and rear diff probs

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:23:51

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3 droop and rear diff probs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 16:42:06 

Hi there just come bk from ardent race way and I have a couple of questions to ask ? If a set my from droop to 6 front and 5 rear then adgust it to 6 and 5.4 rear is that making more our less droop so the higher the numba the less droop ???? Also iv just rebuilt my diff and have used hudy diff greas and it seems so noisy and guff it's not tight ither ?? I have set the diff as a alway do ? Do they need to be bed in before racing the car the car is a t3 and I glued the metal diff plated to the black out drives so they don't spin ? Many thanks john

Post subject: Re: T3 droop and rear diff probs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 13:47:31 

Hi John-boy, increasing your downstop setting will reduce your suspension travel/uplift, ie your droop. I would recommend you read the sections on downstops, ride height and droop in the XRAY Setup book that came with your T3 so that you fully understand this and the realtionship between ride height and droop settings.

I personally always run the diff in, but I don't think that is your answer. I always find the diff to be smooth after a rebuild but before the run in. I have never glued the plates to the outdrives so someone else will have to comment on whether that would contribute. When you say rebuild, what did you actually replace?