[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XT8 Differential problem

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 01:35:16

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XT8 Differential problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 17:16:06 

Interesting... Are you able to move the outdrive or the bearing itself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 17:53:50 

I'd say it is normal. One guy asked the same thing from me some time ago. I hadn't noticed it myself and after looking at "the problem" together it was totally normal. There is some play in outdrives, bearings, bulkhead which all ads up if you move the outdrives with hand.

Maybe it is not your case, but I'm only saying that there is some play and it is totally normal. When the car is used and bulkheads are old there is a lot more play and still everything works nice as long as the pinion/crown play is right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 18:01:46 

@ lauri
sorry my friend but ..... if you have paying in this point the pinion & crown gear is dead after half round ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 18:07:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 21:18:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 23:45:43 

Someone posted on the rctech forum a while back with a similar problem.

it is. Post #471

Just sounds like a bad bulkhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 01:20:03 

Yes exactly the same problem ...... like that guy says...

""" That's a disappointing unprecise fit, I couldn't expect from XRay. ''"

So Mr. XRay i think is time to service your molted plastic machine ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 09:44:05 

So guys .... with carefully sanding to the outside part i manage to solve the problem .... in my case the gap was small ..... but I'm going to buy a new bulkheads ASAP with pair of bearings to test the fitting before i pay for it ....!!!!

*** BEWARE OF BAD BULKHEADS ***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 21:45:46 

I heard from a guy in russia on line. That guy bought new bulkheads I believe & had the same problem.He ended up sanding or machining them.

You can find his whole story on the rctech.net site in the xt8 thread.His name was something like serpico or something probably 6 months ago maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 03:13:18 

@ Butcher
We mention that earlier .....
His name is serpvect ..... here is the link ... again ...

And here is his video ....

*** BEWARE OF BAD BULKHEADS ***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 17:28:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:07:19 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 19:30:43 

I have no idea how people are having this problem. People complain about leaky shocks or defective bulkheads but honestly I question theyre assembly skills. My shocks never lose a drop of oil and my bulks are tight as hell. I highly doubt its a manufacturer defect. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 20:49:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 23:26:00 

:roll: watch your language ...and your issue is ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 07:40:48 

If you are so unhappy with it you could always get a Losi 8t 2.0 lol...but instead of a little bulk head issue you can have fun replacing all of these parts...are you ready for this?...

Rear gearbox & shims
Rear ring gear
Rear pinion gear
Clutch bell
Clutch shoes
Clutch springs
Clutch bearings (get TKO Special Clutch bearings and they'll last way longer than the others)
Shock ends
Servo saver (make sure it's the updated version, or buy the one for the original 8T)
Shock shafts
Shock o-rings
Shock boots
CVD pins (assuming you have a tool to replace just the pins)
Outer hub bearings (you'll go through a lot of these)
Gear box bearings
CVD support bearings
Shock caps

By the way...this was in the Losi forum under a thread marked "Common 8T 2.0 parts". This is what they have to change ALL THE TIME just to run the darn thing. I have never seen an Xray thread with this many problems lol. So moral of the story...stop crying :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 16:38:59 

Aiamec lets just keep it there & be adults about this in how we speak to one another, I as most prefer an obsenities free zone, I let it run for a bit but when guys are taking offence to your comments & rightly so agree with Tony keep the language clean if not I will stop it dead.

The guys on here are only trying to help & from this side of a pc we do not know your history as probably you do not know theres or mine. We can all be guilty of righting somthing that comes across wrong or read in a different context to what was meant.
Feel yes there has been a problem here in the bulkheads & thanks for highlighting it. Xray although will not always post to this type of thing will be look into it.

Thanks

Bren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 18:29:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 23:25:32