[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - New XT8 for 2010 also?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 17:25:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: New XT8 for 2010 also?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 02:26:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:21:39 

There will be no change in the XT8 for 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 22:43:01 

Post subject: No 2010 Spec for XT8 is big mistake
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 15:16:49 

Guys, I have been racing another brand of truggy and buggy, mostly due to the fact that Xray has not released a new design XT8. The truck simply is behind the design trend for current truggys. The arms are too short. The design is behind the times. I know my description is brief on why this truck needs completely reworked but my proof is in the fact that I raced the XT8 for two years and have raced the other brand truggy for a year. I have experienced the difference first hand. The quaility of my new truck does not compare to my old truck, but I would be getting my but spanked on the track if I was still running my old XT8. The whole statement of we need to learn to win with the current XT8 is just nonsense. The answer is to actually change something worth changing. Xray stop changing the smallest of details on the XB808 and quit changing the smallest details on the XT8 and just redesign the truck. Most guys have to buy a new kit anyways. Sure some of your spare parts still work but who cares, Xray parts hold up good enough that I learned that I was buying a bunch of spare parts that I never was going to use. What is the last time you seen a XT8 place in the top ten at a major race.
Good luck XT8 racers in 2010! You will need it.

Post subject: Re: No 2010 Spec for XT8 is big mistake
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 17:38:00 

[quote="robknasel"]Guys, I have been racing another brand of truggy and buggy, mostly due to the fact that Xray has not released a new design XT8. The truck simply is behind the design trend for current truggys. The arms are too short. The design is behind the times. I know my description is brief on why this truck needs completely reworked but my proof is in the fact that I raced the XT8 for two years and have raced the other brand truggy for a year. I have experienced the difference first hand. The quaility of my new truck does not compare to my old truck, but I would be getting my but spanked on the track if I was still running my old XT8. The whole statement of we need to learn to win with the current XT8 is just nonsense. The answer is to actually change something worth changing. Xray stop changing the smallest of details on the XB808 and quit changing the smallest details on the XT8 and just redesign the truck. Most guys have to buy a new kit anyways. Sure some of your spare parts still work but who cares, Xray parts hold up good enough that I learned that I was buying a bunch of spare parts that I never was going to use. What is the last time you seen a XT8 place in the top ten at a major race.
Good luck XT8 racers in 2010! You will need it.[/quote

First off why are you on this thread if you have such a distaste for this truck? Second... shouldnt you be on the forum that supports your "other brand" truggy? LoL. The new truck did great at the worlds..dont know if you checked the placings there AND in a number of other races. Also the type of truck you are running does nothing to improve driver skill. Either you are a good driver or you are not. Set up and skill are what matters most. With that said, I know first hand that my truck breaks less than ANY1 elses truck on the track and outhandles as well. Were you even running the 09 spec truck? Let me also say this...unless you are running Mugen I know the quality of what you have now is garbage, so feel free to spend all the money you want on a stock pile of garbage plastic parts. To date the only thing Ive broke on my truck is a plastic shock end and thats all. I not only win races, I SLAUGHTER with this truck, so the problem is not the machine because it is so well designed that the only problem then can only be the driver...namely you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 20:50:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 02:18:14 

Post subject: Re: No 2010 Spec for XT8 is big mistake
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 06:42:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 09:23:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 13:12:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 15:49:35 

The 80:20 rule always applies in life. Fortunately with Xray 80% of people are happy and 20% complain. For some other brands it is vice verca :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 22:23:06 

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/n ... 20Approved!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 02:06:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 03:43:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 06:37:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:37:20 

xray U guys change cars like U change your underwear so how are we going to expirence things on this car or truck if U guys keep changing cars around. MARIO the XT8 mite be good on your tracks but here in the US by me the tracks have alot of big jumps and guys that have the 09 SPEC got rid of there's and went to another company bec that truck did not handle big jumps well and they were neaver in the top 5 at least

PS. IM NOT TRYING TO BAD MOUTH XRAY BUT CHANGING CARS AROUND LIKE U DID WITH THE XB8 TQ AND MADE A NEW KIT [XB8 EC ] NOT EVEN A HOLE SEASON WITH THE TQ ISN'T GOING TO LET US EXREIENCE CARS .IF IM NOT MAKING ANY SENCE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. xray y can't u keep a car more then a couple of years befor making a new kit like other brands do

BRIAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 14:15:31 

Brian make up your mind , you do want you dont want id hate to be in your shoes Mario in the decision making. Joking apart Brian dont mean to mock its just got to be a hard descision when the car gets updated or a complete change or just left as it is for another season. As Team drivers its not all just play but continual feedback on prototype parts for potentially the next generation car.
What works in one country does not in the next, what one driver likes another doesnt, its just that happy compromise to make a car as easy to drive & competitive.
When you look at losi generally only drivers who learnt there trade through 1/10 th electric can drive it quick you do get the odd exception but these are guys at the top of there game, generally 1/8th offroaders find them unpredictable. Each chassis will have its little quirks & will suit some better than others.
Any car takes at least a year to fully understand & the small changes the 808 is getting is refinning what is a great package in both performance & reliabilty. The ones who dropped the XT8 personnlay are short sited & quit before they fully understood the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 16:36:52 

Different people choose different cars for different reasons. I don't think it is xray's fault that there aren't more xrays at the track. I think a LOT of people have the misconception that one MUST be a professional top notch RC Pilot to even own one. Somehow the Xrays got placed into a category of their own. Which is great for some of us who like it that way, and bad for others who find themselves the odd man out having the only xray at the track.
The RC hobby has the stigma of being expensive and only for the rich people. This isn't true at all when comparing it to Golf, for example.
Only when more folks get into the hobby and learn through whatever means that the xrays ARE the best will we see more of them on the FEW tracks out there. A whole other discussion, but I feel more tracks are needed to get more people racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 03:11:37 

I too, did stray from the RAY, ( manly due to the australian supply drama's, as i have mentioned before that , my sponsors had a on road team driver, and we both had to defect ) and with heaps of drama's with diffs going, arms braking, hub bearings blowing out ( in my opinion the longer arms aren't always best?? ), clutch set ups all the time, it was just a waste of time racing. Pulled out the RAY and it's hard to wipe the smile off my face, have had no brakes, no car problems,.... at all, REALLY, I'M SPEWING I LEFT THIS TRUCK....

LEAVE THE XT8 as is, with the new 808'10 out, this is enough to cope with, as with up dating and stocking spares. With the XT8 we all have the parts, we all know the truck, let us wait for 1 year before Mario and the R&D DEPARTMENT GIVES US A NEW TOY...which no doubt will be awesome....The 09 spec is fine, twik to your driving style, and there is no problems with this truck, we in australia have big jumps and mine loves it

And to lighten the mood on the thread about other brands.....We have a ongoing joke at our club as the mugens have taken over, if you buy mugen you are joining the sheep herd, this is a T-Shirt i made up for some guy's and myself at the track

And this one is for the local hobby shop dealer, and he wears it, funny shitte really

hope you have a good laugh

CHEERS WILL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 04:16:03