[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Any 808 Build tips I should know?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 15:21:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Any 808 Build tips I should know?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 17:30:21 

Hey guys, right well I have finally orderd my 808 09Spec few days ago.. and should hopefully arrive wed/thursday. I have spent hours and hours searching this forum and others. On tips and tricks on the 808.. I have read the tips thread above.. very informative..

But is there anything I should do, Look out for.. change.. from the get go..as I would prefer to know my options instead of doing the build. And missing some-Hint or thing.. I have seen a few like CA the outer edge of the carbon fibre ect.. and Bend the brake linkage slighty-But not sure if that is same for 09 spec.. so if there is anything I can know-Big or small.. let me know.. anything-litterally.. I have moved from being a Hobao lad lol.. so I cant wait to buld this thing.. and love it.. as Im 99.99% sure I will thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 17:43:42 

Hello jamie

Welcome aboard I would just advice you to follow the manual & enjoy the build. The car as stock is very good & can be run this way very succesfully & competitive.
For parts would recomend grey spring as these work well for most uk tracks. To make thinks easier & quicker the two piece engine mount & front & rear inner hindge pin carrier set.

For setups just say where your racing will sort a sheet to suit.

Bren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 18:58:07 

Hey Bren thanks alot.. Feel very welcom already :)
Yea, Ok I will look into maybe getting the Spring.. Um I race at my nearest track Clanfield..As, Funds are normally what holds me back from travelling to race.. But hopfully, I will do more travelling soon.. after I get settled in with the 808 ect. I have had a brief look the the setup sheets page.. a few from Clanfield, and Would have thought Kevin Brunsden would have a more recent one.. as he's nearly always down there.. And I know most of the clanners down there a few have the 808 So its very usefull so We can help eachother on setup. Im probally going to start it somewhere near Yours from Dirt Masters.. as its the most recent one I have seen... Or are there any newer ones.. not yet posted up on there.. I can chat to John Wolfe too.. see what he recommends..? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 19:38:10 

To echo what Bren said, the car is really good stock. I have found the stock setup to work well just about everywhere. The only option part I've put on my buggy is the quick change engine mount, which is nice, but not 100% necessary as you can achieve nearly the same convenience with a ball end 2.5mm allen driver (you just need to change the 3x12mm engine mounting screws a lot as the ball driver will strip them quickly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 20:49:48 

Yea, I may get myself a Ball driver for now.. and probally get the quick change soon..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:10:19 

there was someone at clan on the 23rd with a 808 he had a red shell and he was awesome maybe you should try his setup

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:12:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:16:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:19:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:22:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:23:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 21:26:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 16:59:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 17:19:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 17:44:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 21:45:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 23:57:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 22:01:56 

Well, all done! Superb to build.. I spent way too much time building it and admiring it-And more time at stupid times lik 2-3AM!... haha But It was all worth it, got it wed and went for 1st practice with it today.. put about 2-3 tanks on it.. to mainly get used to it.. and break it in.. and get eveything loosend in best for next sunday. From this:

to this:

There, are a few things I still need to touch up on, The front shock screws.. for some reason I put some long ones on.. =bend.. and need to mount gas cooler ect.. But, Im very pleased with it.. I was running Kevin's setup from Winter series-For Clanfield, as The more recent ones.. have stiffer roll bars ect.. which I dont have as of yet.. But, Im going to be making a few tweaks to the current setup and change it to my liking. Coming from Hyper 9.. In some ways, it feels similar very stable.. Think 9 jumps a little further-But was easier to get upset.. in the air.. the 808 lands really well I noticed.. and it very nimble.. It felt a little twichy, but I was orig running XTR crimes.. so that would be that reason.. change to some Used M2 crimes and was very nice.. But I think a few small adjustments and I will be very very pleased with it.. Cant wait to put some proper testing on it!... Are there any spares you think I should carry.. Im not one for spending 150+ on spares.. but if there any anything you think I may want to think about getting please post up.. I have x2 front caster blocks.. cheers guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 05:14:54 

Your right steering turnbuckle is mounted backwards...may not make a difference but who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51:15 

ahah Yea-someone notice that at the track!.. I was like Oh Bu**er lol Yea there may be a few small mistakes as I was rushing it a little bit to get it on the track and get some track time with it.. but yea Thanks for that.. Have just redone it :lol: