[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Questions from a new 1/12 scale driver

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 09:41:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Questions from a new 1/12 scale driver
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 01:55:27 

I normally run a T2 009, but have decided to run the XII as well at my local carpet track. I have a few questions.

-What is the typical ride height I should be trying to achieve with the car?
-Is it acceptable to shim the rear pod instead of changing the eccentric holders or does this not work?
-will ceramic diff balls help the longevity between diff re-builds?
-Are there any basic maintenance thing to look for after each run?
-Is it typical to have ride height vary a 1/2 mm side to side or middle to rear or front to rear?

Thanks [/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:36:31 

Hey,

- normal ride height: >3,0mm, but of course only on veeery flat surfaces (I normally set it to about 3,5mm)

- I am not sure about shimming the rear pod; I did not see anybody yet doing it but I also would be interested if that really works properly

- I use the original diff balls which are already pretty good and I do not have problems with the lifespan between the rebuilts (>25 runs no problem and it still works like brand new); just make sure you don't use too much grease because that attracts dirt which reduces the lifespan between rebuilts (especially in 1/12 cause the diff is open unlike in the TC)
I don't know how your experiences with ceramic diff balls in the TC are but you have to keep in mind ceramic balls will break pretty easily when treated wrong (tightened a bit too much)

- maintenance: I recommend you to change tires between right and left (in a competition every run; just4fun about every 3rd or 4th run) because they wear differently; watch out the edges of the T-Bar - if they get a little white you should think about changing it when the car handles strange; watch out there is always a lubricant inside the friction dampener; besides these points just things you look for in the TC, too (any worn out parts like the steering blocks; does everything move freely...)

- from left to right it must NOT vary! Rear should be a bit higher than the front; it's OK when it varies from front to rear

Hope I could help you a bit!

Regards