[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants YOU!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:20:02

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants YOU!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 16:05:21 

These are my 5 points :
To be improved
1) performance with rubber tire
2) lipo dedicated chassis
3) Alu schoks to be supplied with car kits
and improved with teflon parts (discs with holes for ex.) for smooth sliding
4) motor support , maybe a solution which allows moving the motor in/out in respect to the centre line could help to balance the car with lipo battery without adding weight.
5) With some differential position belts could touch the servo saver set

Good
1) differential
2) Hudy spring still drive shaft + drive axle
3) flex chassis
4) Ackermann regulation
5) pieces quality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 00:33:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 00:40:14 

I would also love to see an all black anodized car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 15:28:15 

Thanks for the chance to give these opinions what other manufacturer does that!
This is y i chose Xray

5 things i like
1, quality of parts is second to none
2, the fit of all the parts makes the kit a dream to build
3, the fact that its a "luxury kit"means no extra parts out of the box
4, set up is a good place to start for most places
4, Alu shocks with the kit would be nice
5, diff best in world dont chage a thing!!
5a, spring steel
5b, great to drive

sorry couldnt help my self

Things i would like to see added/changed

1 Lipo specific car to allow for better ballance
2, slightly wider belts to cope with power from lipo packs.
3, some alteration to allow for better spur gerar choices for 10.5 and 17.5 racing
4, xray brand spurs to cope with 10.5 and 17.5

thats all i got!!

Since i have changed from my old brand to x ray, i have never enjoyed my racing as much as i do now. The car is a joy to work on and drive, and its so easy to adjust ACCURATELY! and every small change is feelable.

thanks to all at Xray, please dont ever stop the high quality work that u do.

Thank you for the opportunity to havour say here
Regards

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 04:36:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 00:39:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 05:10:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:04:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 01:17:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 19:14:53 

I don't even know what half the stuff listed above means, but I love it. :wink:
It is quick straight out of the box,
the build quality is second to none (and should never be compromised),
it's easy to drive and set up, and
the adjustability.

However, I'd like it more compatible for LiPo's and brushless re balancing the car, and
a couple of smaller xray spurs for more flexability for 17.5 would be nice.

And apparantly, the diffs are pretty good!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 20:56:10 

The lipo weights should get lighter and the Lipo position should be adjustable, so you can move the Lipo further out or in depending on the desired weight to achieve a balanced car.
I run a T2R Pro and with the Lipo weight kit its too heavy now (1400gr is our limit).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 22:39:43 

ANother point that I dont like:

the open ball joints of the upper camber links seem to be pretty loose, even if they are new. Maybe the optional closed ones are better in this regard? Then the should come with the kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 14:50:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 09:28:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 19:15:17 

Wonderful Five
1 - overall part quality (material quality, fit & finish)
2 - overall part durability (hardly ever break anything & low parts wear)
3 - attention to detail (nobody can compete with XRAY here)
4 - externally adjustable damping (awesome shocks)
5 - setup guide (you know you need it)

Potentially Wonderful Five
1 - lower motor position (adjustable height - slightly below bottom of chassis option)
2 - centre differential option (real cars use them for good reason)
3 - included true constant velocity drive shafts (plastic composite/aluminum hybrid ECS possible?)
4 - a little more room for electronics (pretty hard to mount everything on the lower deck including transponder with brushless)
5 - keep the "R" versions coming - budget fibreglass kits are the best all round touring cars available

Love my T2R :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 19:20:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 13:26:48 

I would love adjustable body posts -not in hight but in f/r direction-
they should be eccentric so by turning them it would be possible to mount the bodyshell-let`s say 2-3mm- to the front or rear of the car to fineadjust oversteer/understeer balance.

Uwe Reimers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 17:50:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 20:00:58 

(1) T2 Kit in general: Good car, good parts, good tech, plenty of sweet setup to play with
(2) Online support: user manual, set-up sheets, part info, forum, news
(3) Rear ball differentials

Would like it better if:
(1) Information: Updated manual, some videos, retain page of older vintage models with part infos, chronological achievements of series, names of xray drivers / customers who fought hard to get into the A-Mains in major tournaments i.e individual career wins
(2) Service: Xray's massive effort transpired through regional distributor to ensure good after sales support, integrity in weaker region. help?
(3) Price. Comparitavely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 20:06:42 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next