[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XT8 '09 Leaking shocks???

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 13:22:14

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 07:33:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 14:26:05 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 17:07:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 08:44:39 

Thankyou Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 01:39:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 04:06:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 04:37:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 13:00:33 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 05:07:40 

Hi Martin if your investigating,be aware that my older 808, went a little over 4 gal on the original kit o-rings with ZERO leakage from the diff before I replaced the o-rings just for routine maint not because they leaked.When I replaced the 0-rings with X-RAY brand replacements the diffs would be almost empty in less than 6 tanks.I ended up buying I think 6 more bags of o-rings & none stopped the leak.I measured every one of those o-rings & they ranged from 1.15mm-1.43mm.I was only getting 1-2, 1.4mm o-rings per bag the rest were mostly 1.15-1.35mm & 1.35 will leak pretty fast. The measurements were with Mitatuyo calipers not micrometers so not the most accurate but close enough for toy car o-rings.I have since found a different brand that works but would like to believe X-RAY can rectify a problem this simple.BTW love this car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 07:32:08 

Last edited by Rampokker on Tue May 05, 2009 12:16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:00:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 13:10:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 05:14:36 

OK... I guess the leaking shocks problem isn't fixed. :cry: Raced again today and all 4 shocks started leaking again. I suspect they made it through the last race day because I literally packed the o-ring cavity with green slime and once the goop wore it self off, they started leaking again.

Can someone from Xray tell me what the inside of the o-ring cavity on the shock bodies is supposed to measure. Id like to check to see if its the correct size on mine. It obviously wasn't the o-rings being bad that is causing this. Only other thing I can guess is the shock bodies are out of spec or something and too big so the o-rings aren't getting compressed enough. Now that I think about it, 'm gonna start measuring them and compare them to my 808 shocks that don't leak.

My buddy who also got the new XT8 had all 4 of his shocks leaking severely today also and all 3 of his diffs. So I know I'm not an isolated case here. Ive now seen a total of 3 of these XT8s in person, and all 3 had leaking shocks. 3 for 3 is a pretty convincing argument that there is something wrong in my book.

Seriously. Someone has to know something about whats causing this. It's really starting to get to be a hassle having to top the shocks off a couple times during a race day.

Does anyone know if maybe the Jammin shocks or Kyosho shocks might fit? I'd really hate to have to buy a whole new set of shocks just to keep them full, but if I cant find a solution soon I'm going to have to figure something out. What I really want is to get these shoicks sealed up. I'm tempted to order all new shock bodies, but I'm affraid that that wont solve the problem either and I dont really feel like I should have to do that on a brand new truck that leaked from day one.

This just doesn't make sense. They are the same as the 808 shocks and Ive never had them leak a single drop in the last year Ive had it.

On the plus side.... Took I took 2nd today with this truggy :D and overall I think its an awesome machine. I just need some help getting this leak issue figured out. PLEASE!!!

Also, as a side note, Buggy class had an 808 take 1,2 and 4. I was
4th :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 06:08:49 

I have just recently had proven to me that a certern brand of shock oil will cause a shock to leak badly but when the shock is drained and filled with a different brand of oil the shock does not leak. I did think this was possible until it was proven to me. :? I suggest you try a different brand of oil if you haven't already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 06:24:12 

Seriuosly!?!? That seems crazy to me.

It leaked with both the xray oil that came in the kit and with Losi oil I've been running in my 808 for a year now with no leaking. How could it be possible that the brand would effect leaking. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Any reccomendations on which brand doesn't leak?

I could try mugen oil. It's pretty easy to get around here too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 07:17:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 07:53:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 09:31:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:58:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 15:31:40 

Thanks johnny. I didnt see anything the last time I had it apart, and I looked pretty close trying to see what might be causing the problem. But will for sure take a much closer look this time again just to be sure. I'm going to break down my 808 shocks at the same time and measure and compare them side by side to see if I can spot anything thats different and might be causing the problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next