[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T2'009

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 00:27:20

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XRAY T2'009
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:49:01 

What with mirage announcing price increases and Xray announcing a new car while the red lettering is flashing new over the T2008 it makes me wonder what we have to do to keep up with this lot. I have only just 8 weeks ago purchased 2 New T2008s to find that they are now out of date :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 15:22:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 17:40:19 

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/show.p ... 54edfa535a

Is that diferente way to use the upperdeck???
Without the central part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 18:13:14 

I believe that image shows the LiPo battery spacers to raise the top deck for clearance. Those lower pieces would fit under the standard deck.

- Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 18:30:33 

Terrible !!!
What did you think about the color?

@nthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 19:07:18 

THks RC America, yes i think is that, but it will alterate the fitness of the chassi.
The coulor must have been done because people like PIMP MY RIDE... hehehh It is to make the difference bettewen 2008 and 2009 chassi....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 21:04:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 21:07:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 23:46:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 04:46:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 08:58:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 09:08:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 15:17:19 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 15:19:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 21:25:39 

Well FOXY like I said too there seems not to be a whole lot of improvments. LI-POs fit in my car now and they didnt do anything to the gearing to make smaller spurs fit so combine that with fact it looks like a cheap old Kyosho car...... Im not trying to bash Xray I loooove there stuff. Thats all I race. But I hope they would make the car in the regular silver color or all black, just not ugly orange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 02:01:45 

I don't think it's a matter of the LIPO's fitting but rather having the chassis balanced for lipo/bl.

By the way, don't jump down my throat cause I like the "ugly" orange. Opinions are like my underwear...s#@%%y :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 05:01:01 

Hi all,

The orange stuns me and now I am hooked on it. This kit should be a nice upgrade from my TA05 IFS-R.

Is there anything I should take note of when I get the kit? I am into tarmac competition.

So EU edition should fits nicely ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:57:47 

I like it! It should look nicely toned in with my anodised orange/black Axial Crawler on the shelf!!!

In all seriousness, I bought a second hand 008, and have only just got it dialled absolutely to my liking. I suspect I'll not notice 300 quids worth of difference between the 008 and this new 'un.

Still doesn't stop me craving it though. I am weak.......

:D

Post subject: Huge Disappointment
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:50:12 

Although I'm sure that the new car will be an improvement over some aspects of the existing one, I am hugely disappointed that this is NOT optimised for LiPo and Brushless at all and I really think that XRay have let Club racers down a lot with this car.

You only have to look at the photos to see that there has been no thought given to holding LiPo's in place, as you still need to remove the cell holders to fit a LiPo, so it will still slide around in the chassis unless you modify this yourself. We all know that Brushless motors are heavier than brushed, and yet there is still no change in motor position, or cell placing when using LiPo's to help balance the car. Given that I already have to add 175g to my T2'006 to reach 1500g and it still doesn't balance properly, I'm guessing I'll have to add even more to the '009 if it has lightweight components, and heaven knows where it will go, as it's a struggle to make it all fit now! Again, XRay could have considered this with a "true" optimization for LiPo in this new car.

As for the colour, well personally I don't really like the orange, but as it suggests that it is "limited edition", then hopefully a standard silver one will be available at some point.

It's a real shame, because I seriously want to upgrade my '006 and was looking forward to seeing some real innovation with the new car to deal with the LiPo weight and side to side balancing issue - but I guess we can't have everything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 15:37:07 

Then don't buy the car. That's about the only way you can show XRAY your disappointment. Although I'm sure there will be enough "RAY Heads" to buy it so it'll be successful.

I suspect that this time next year we will see a brand new car, not a T2010 but a T3. This will be a big change from the T2 platform. Just what I think and am waiting for...also waiting for a 1/10 pan car :wink: