[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Anyone Using FAAST In There XB808

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:15:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Anyone Using FAAST In There XB808
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 03:14:29 

I have been having nothing but problems with my Futaba FAAST system in my 808. My battery setups are identical in both my truggy and buggy but I have gone through three yes three receivers failing in my buggy due to thermaling. Originally I thought my lipo pack and receivers were causing the issue, but I eliminated them and installed a standard NIMH stick pack and the exact same thing happened again. It seems as though the radio box on the 808 gets much warmer than my truggy, the last time a receiver thermaled I stuck my temp gun in the box after I opened it and it read 160 degrees. I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue, I've got a spektrum pro setup on the way now to try that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 04:00:40 

I'm using 3pks w/ FASST. My failsafe kicks in after running about two tanks continuously, or more. So yes, it appears as if temperature is the cause of this issue.

At first I thought it was my batteries, but I've replaced them with brand new ones and it still happens.

My friend had a Losi with 3pks and FASST and had NO problems. Then sold his Losi and bought an 808, installed that same system...BAM!!!! He started getting that failsafe issue after running a tank or two. He switched over to DX3R.....no problems whatsoever!

I, too, am looking for Spektrum module/receiver for my 3pks to see if this issue can be resolved.

I've read on other forums that this is a common problem. Some people have resorted to moving the receiver elsewhere on the car, some have vented their radio boxes, etc. I'd rather buy something that you can depend on without modifying....that's why I purchased an 808.

Let me know how your Spektrum works....I'm also looking at their telemetry add-ons....I'd like to monitor engine temp on-the-fly.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 04:06:35 

Well I was looking over at rctech.net and it appears the thermalling issue is very common. Not very impressed with Futaba's customer service at the moment when it's apparent there is an issue with the receivers. I'll let you know how the spektrum works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 05:33:01 

hello ie been using futaba fassst ever since i have had the 808 and with no probs whatso eva i ran a 45 min main with out it turning off.

were about and how do you put it in your batt boxes.

i have mine on the large side with some foam tape to hold it in and it has been fine. i also used this method with my HRS recevers with my old 3pk and they were fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 07:16:19 

Yes I have same issue happening with 808 (I writed from this to other topic, see url)

With Losi 8ight and XB8 I had none of this problems... Yesterday I made huge modifications to radiobox (I hope it works). I'll attach pictures as soon as possible...

My thoughts, because radiobox is on 808 so close to engine and chassis plate is quite narrow (not that much heat dispatch area than XB8). First battery catches heat and then receiver, due this heat load it goes fail-safe mode.

There is some reports from FASST airgraft receivers have too this same overheat issue. So, the main reason is the receiver but I'm very sure for that the Xray could made better design for radiobox on 808. Actually i'm personally never liked it (neither on XB8, XT8 and now on 808)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 08:15:46 

so how come mine works perfect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:21:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:31:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:50:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:21:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:19:55 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 16:21:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 16:27:53 

Here is the mod what I made to get rid of overheat problem... I haven't tested yet, but i'm bretty confident by it... The Box for receiver is Atomic racing NT1 option or something. There is not much left from original radio box - what you think? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 16:37:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 16:57:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 17:10:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 23:02:49 

I had the same problem with the FAAST system in my EC and moved to the mud guard, the my XT shut down at a big race 29 minutes in.
Now 2 times with the 808.

I will not use it again.

Solution: Went back to cystals!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 00:38:47 

I place my receiver on the lid of the receiver box using silicone tape.. So When I open the lid the receiver comes out and air can pass though the cable open that the box has..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 04:31:44 

It must only be be fast system not the car.

I'm running Sanwa M11/Spektrum Pro system with a 2300ma Protec LiPo with an LRP regulator laying between the LiPo & the receiver in both my 808 & XT8 with no problems at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 06:22:39