[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Australian ACT Title Results

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:22:40

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:41:37 

Still waiting for bearings....

I think the Avid ones will be arriving in OZ soon now....

Also wonder when the new carbonfibre Xray upgrades will arrive in OZ...
Alloy steering ackerman and alloy braces.....

All these should be on the order or for Aussies, if they aren't send them anyway.....

Come on...........WE NEED PARTS TO RACE>>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 23:43:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 03:17:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 06:30:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 08:33:04 

thats wiked thanks man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 08:56:58 

Now im not telling you my setups any more..... 8)

Besides.....you got it wrong..... :?

Bowties for when its a bit grippy and holeshots are a no no....
Crimies are good when track is fresh but no acceleration grip....

its smooth and dusty ... so its a bit slippery and a lot of understeer if your not careful..bowties help to get the rear to come around.

I use 1.4 mm all round in the shocks and use 650 in front with 500 in rear. shocks in stock locations...I would like next to go to 1.3mm holes with a lighter oil and stand front shocks up...also want to run a bit more toe out on front and straighten up the rear wheels from 3 deg camber back to 2 degrees as I changed it and the tail comes loose to much.

Will also try a little more front droop to take a touch more power from front and and little more to the rear...... :idea: In fact, I might leave the shocks and just do that.....more push on power...HMM Now i think i have it doctor froyd :idea:

Got fastest lap times down to 31 seconds...same as ronny...but with a little more lid time :(

PS bring lots of tires...as the track does do some damage to your stocks..

GRP Atomics are also very good on this track..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:03:59 

thanks eaps guys fro the input on the track as i will not be able to get down there till the acctual titles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:16:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:26:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:31:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:15:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 00:54:24 

Look on the bright side, CMC waiting means you now get every single new hopup XRAY have released so far. Had they rushed in, we probably would have been receiving them in seperate batches with a month between each.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 13:08:30 

It is good news CMC are getting all the parts soon. I've heard some very interesting story's lately.

What I am most interested in is the price of the optional and spare parts.

Last year I got an XT8 priced up with every option. The optional parts and spare parts were very close to double the price of the US. I bought the XT8 in Australia because it was around $150 dearer and I want to keep as much sales as I can in Australia to support the hobby shops. I buy all my engines, servos, radios, tires etc in Australia because I can buy them at comparable prices to the US.

Everything else I bought which is XRay branded was from the US including all my optional parts, spare parts, maintenance parts and every Hudy tool you can buy. In Victoria us racers pool parts between each other being bought from the US.

I've spent just on 10K this year and 7.5K has been in Australia.

CMC wants the racers support to grow their business. We want to support the Australian business. The only way to fix this problem is to make all XRay products max 20% above US prices. 10% for the exchange rate and 10% to cover shipping. It's that simple.

Either Xray or CMC or both have to drop their prices. Do XRay sell at prices based on quantities or is everything at a world wide fixed rate? Can CMC drop their gross profit margin?

The cost of shipping XRay products needs to be investigated. Goods have to shipped, not flown in. All shipped items need to be marked model car accessories or toy car parts to avoid customs duties.

Maybe CMC should look at their expenses. For example the amount of sponsored drivers we have for the size of our population, the amount of adds in local magazines, costs of traveling to State Titles. Maybe running one good pro driver and having a representative (wholesale sponsorship) at each track, like Mugen (Model Motorsport International) would reduce expenses to be able to sell XRay products cheaper. Race tracks sell race cars.

Now I hear from a reliable source CMC are going to try and cut off supply from the US by approaching RC America and Amain to FORCE us to buy in Australia at ridiculous prices. Apart from being "restriction of trade" - the real issues are not being dealt with which is PRICE & AVAILABILITY.

RETAIL IN THE US IS CHEAPER THAN WHOLESALE IN AUSTRALIA.

If there was enough availability of kits, parts and options maybe the higher prices would be accepted by some.

I hope when these parts and options arrive I am totally wrong - time will tell. I want, as well as many others, to support CMC and the Australian hobby shops. But if their is a problem with price and availability I'm buying elsewhere.

In my business I work on the Upside down management philosophy - The client is no 1 always. Price has to be the market benchmark. Quality is not an option and time is the only bargaining chip in a global economy. Everyday I review my expenses and look for more efficient ways to produce and sell.

If we hear a restriction of trade is being considered by CMC to stop Australians buying products out of the US then XRay will not survive in Australia.

It's a global economy so get real or get out. Don't make anymore promises - show us the results NOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 13:30:29 

The sponsored Drivers are factory so it aint an expense as far as im am aware...

Craige

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 14:05:00 

Mys mistake Craige, I know Xray sponsored drivers get all their parts from CMC and should not have made the assumption.

I like all the current sponsored XRay drivers.

I'm just getting a little frustrated at the current situation.

Mugen has one sponsored driver in Wayne Walker and State/track reps and it seems to work for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 14:20:31 

Thats cool tank... Im aware that CMC will have parts early next week! Xray have an excelent factory team in oz thats for sure :wink:

Craige