[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Step-by-step building the X-Ray (E) 808 Buggy!..

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 13:27:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 23:25:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 15:18:38 

808 came this morning
3hrs into the build,must say quality all the way, no dremmel needed up to now,thank god :D
diffs shimmed an inner bearing mods done,
cant see me cooking tea as promised>>>the missus :evil:
o well shix appins,,
DOMINOS IT IS LOL!!
once pizzas downed ,, mite call on my old friend jack,(JD)or mart--tel
tdc,s got me in the mood :D
report back later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:00:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:31:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 02:42:34 

Post subject: Forward Progress..
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 08:49:23 

Good morning team,
I just thought I would share with you some updates on my buggy. The Monster came through and got me all of my parts today and with the kid’s in bed and Pink Floyd playing in the background I decided to make some forward progress.

Builders side note:
As once stated by Backfire and I quote him “the diff height in the RCM mount is designed to work with the tall center bulkhead of the XB8EC and XT8. The 808 uses a much shorter mount. I couldn't find my spare center bulkhead, so I just used some of the 1mm bulkhead shims from XRAY(#354032) to raise the height even. In fact, I always have used one set of these shims under both bulkhead pieces to raise the motor slightly off the chassis”.

Truer words where never spoken.. Thank you Backfire warning us that would happen, it did and I was fully prepared for it.

Now I just need to receive my MGM controller I bought off a fellow member to show up and install the radio and she’ll be ready for a test run??... Well I also need to get my body back from the painters but that not another 10 days.. (bbboooo)..

I'm looking for recommendation on a good JR steering servo for this buggy, does anyone have any thoughts they like to offer up to the table??.

Thanks..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 00:31:35 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 22:27:33 

tdc- Pick up a JR 9100S or 9000S for the 808, they have great specs for a buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 00:44:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 08:00:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 09:20:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 09:27:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 09:42:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 09:46:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 09:49:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 15:25:09 

Post subject: It's Alive!..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 06:40:30 

Good morning team,
Thank you all for your above comments!!.. I really appreciate the feedback / schooling..

I was at my LHS and went shopping for servos. When I asked if they had any Sanwa VZs or ace 1015 servo’s? I got the dear in the headlight look!.. Ok how abut the Hitec 5955 or the Futaba S9351? We looked they had some Hitec and futuba but not any of the above referenced!. So after reviewing about 12 of the shops recommendations I ended up purchasing the JR DS8717 servo, it’s got 196 oz torque and speed is .07sec with metal gears. Thanks for all of the great advise / suggestions. If I can get a full race season out of it I’ll be happy..

I also thought I would share with you the three modifications to date that I’ve had to perform in order to switch this Nitro burring, gas spewing, ozone depleting, garage smelling, bad boy!. Into the environmentally friendly, local park driving, neighbor liking (E) buggy that stand here today!.. My deepest apologies to the Nitro team.. LOL, LOL, LOL

The first modification required in order the fix the height deficiencies when installing a RCM engine mount. This modification was needed to increase the front side height of the canter diff. I ended up cutting a piece of carbon Fiber and drilled two holes on it to match up with the existing center shaft tower mounting holes.

The second modification was to the battery tray.
I used a ? forstner bit and drilled down just until the bit penetrated the base holder, this allowed me to countersink the existing body screws into the holder and use a longer bolt with a counter sink ? washer on the top allowed me to secure the battery holder to the chassis. I also noticed that I could take the battery try and use my belt sander to takeoff another 2mm getting me to 39mm in deck height. I'm just not sure what the stock deck height number is?

Once I mount my ESC and receive my body back I’ll be able to fine tune the battery try holder for maximum wait distribution. At its current location with a 5s 3700mAH on board it sits exactly 40.97mm (41mm) above the bottom of the chassis.

The third and final modification was to accommodate the ESC, after reviewing several other member threads and trying different locations / placements it was decided that it really needed to be mounted in the center rear for (Ease of acess, clean wire runs and CG) but I need to lift it off the chassis and mount it over the rear drive shaft.. after several deep thoughts and a glass or two of (hmmmm) I used the alum servo holder that I had and used (4) of the ? double threaded spacers that come in the GorillaMaxx kits allowed me to screw it from the bottom and top and made a simple secure stand, I also used (4) rubber washers at the bottom of the stand over the chassis to help cushion the blow for the ESC.

Here are a few more shoots of it almost completion, I need to install my RX box, antenna and install the Velcro battery straps. She’ll be running this weekend!!

It complete! It’s light! and it RUNS!... Well I ran it for 5min outside in the dark. :D

Well thanks again for your time in reviewing and for leaving your comments.. Have a great one Team..

P.S.
My body is done!! Here’s a sneak preview  8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 06:41:13 

test..

Last edited by tdc57 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 07:06:04, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 06:43:32 

TEST..

Last edited by tdc57 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 07:05:42, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: It's alive
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 06:46:30 

sorry for the duplicate post.. I thought I posted it once not four times.

sorry guys..

Last edited by tdc57 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 06:59:47, edited 1 time in total.