[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB808 First Time on Track Impressions/Setup Questions

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 16:31:33

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: XB808 First Time on Track Impressions/Setup Questions
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 15:52:47 

Since they're out there, if you've run yours, throw down your thoughts of how it drives, differences from the older cars and any setup questions you may have regarding the car here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 20:05:29 

Hi, i just drove mine up here in Bistensee-Germany.
First of all, it is smooth and fast, really great!
The big difference to the EC is, that it takes corners with much higher speed and drives over holes like it would be flying.

Next time I gonna try some inner holes on the shock towers or maybe thicker stabis because the car liked to turn over because of the high traction.

All together Iam really impressed and happy i bought this car because it is really really great and a big fun to drive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 20:34:43 

Hi,

Last our national season I drived with Losi and before that with XB8 (std and TQ) two seasons. XB8 was very fast on flat smooth high grip track but when track was more like 'evil rutted' or low grip or something like that XB8 was on big trouble (in my opinion).

Begin of this week I got new 808, building was _big_ pleasure. I made few changes on kit by changing brake plates to hardened versions and brake disks to classfibre, also my old XB8 donated those aluminium braces from the wingholder to replace 808 plastic ones. I also have active diff for 808 (it's actuallu XB8's but I changed satellitegear to 43T, it worked)

Today was D-day, and I drove with it almost one gallon on our local track. Surface was hard packed clay with LOTS OF little BUMPS and ROUGHNESS and some small jumps and one or two BIG jumps. Basically track condition was OMG but with new profile.

First impression was, oh it's handles bumps very well, it's like magic! Some tanks after I changed damper olis little harder to get more response, with basic setup 808 felt little "sloW". OK, few tanks with harder dampers I noticed that rear was sometimes more like on/off on corner entry. I changed some rearlink positions to get some difference and finally lettet it to be on one position down on inner end from basic setup. Rear felt better but it was not excellent or ingredible ;) ... next step was to reposition front shocks, I though that car hooked too much IN to corner. Changes what I made for this - On arm shock to outer hole and on tower lower middle position and added rebound on front about 50%, on this way front was lots of more progressive.

After that car was ingredible balanced on corner entry, in the middle and even out from there. Also Jump behavior was excellent! All day it jumped very smoothly and level, there was not much to play with your well trained throttle finger, just wait it to land :) (there was no differense on little or big jumps, just piece of cake)

After this I gived try to active diff but with that car get so much steering so I had to learn NEW driving style (and I dont have that much time before first round of national championship) ... so I removed it for normal diff :shock:.

After all - this new 808 it amazing, after Losi I'd thought this is it where it ends... NO - XRAY DID IT AGAIN, They gived us one piece of art of outstanding racing machine!!! Cant wait it get to on smooth track 8)

By the way those new bigger clutch bearing lasts and lasts (kit bearings still on their place) only the that size is hard to get, our distributor didnt get them from the factory so I had to order them from US. (Avid RC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:25:57 

Ran a few tanks through mine today, jumps so much better! I was running on astro turf which is not my normal track so cannot compare against my last car (xb8) much.

Unfortunately I bent the Rear Turnbuckle (352631) !! It was a heavy crash, but still it stopped my testing. I hope I can fix it for next weekend or hope spares make it into the shops this week!

At least I flushed out the weak spot ;)

JonW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 00:00:55 

Dont forget to fill out a online setup sheet if you find a good combo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 04:09:39 

I drove McCrary's!

Ton's of accleration, very stable, easy easy easy easy to drive. Can't wait to get it on a hooked up track!

Give me a shout Rocco when you are free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 05:26:55 
team driver

I told you Brandon...lol.. :lol:

Post subject: lower rear shock mounting position
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 15:25:08 

Post subject: Re: lower rear shock mounting position
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 15:58:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 16:57:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 17:44:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 22:31:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 23:37:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 23:44:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 00:09:19 

Very happy with the 808 out of the box.

Built in less than 5 hours last week before a major meeting!

Engine problems all day long meant a low qualifying place but went from the1/16ths to the quarters before engine finally gave up the ghost!

This weekend in some arduous conditions made the A final at our 2nd National Meeting in 2008 in 8th place (first 808 ever to get straight into a National Series A final in the UK direct) finished 4th in an amazing race which saw us at the back after the first corner!

Ace servos were amazing under some extreme wet conditions (you just have to get some of these) and the time spent water proofing the radio box paid big dividends.

Next time we will play with Set ups but for now an out of the box fully standard buggy making a National A final will do us just fine. (Even if we did ride our luck a little today) LOL

One thing I just don't understand is when I put a wet weather filter on the air intake gets less....so why did I have to richen both top and bottom end by half a turn??

Set up is as Brennan Ralls GRP at Deerdale settings but we had 3 mm front roll bar and standard kit rear on. We also had 600 shock oil in the rear diff and 500 front shocks with 600 in the rear shocks!

Not sure how many 808's we had at the Nationals today but we managed to get two in the A final and Bren placed his in the B after a bump up from the C.

They sure go well and build easy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 02:07:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 04:25:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 16:55:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 17:22:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 17:38:55 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next