[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Xray at SilverState

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 22:18:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Xray at SilverState
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 19:35:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 19:41:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 19:50:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 20:12:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 20:58:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 21:56:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 03:31:21 

Last edited by CMF on Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:27:51, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 16:37:05 

CMF hit it on the nail........well sort of.

i see ti this way. in the on-road, Xray is the dominate car and seems like about 65-70% are running the NT!. now in off-road, you are lucky if 10% of the drivers at these big races are running the XB8 or the XT8. this being said , we do not have the magazine drivers that will get you in the A-main on a consistence basis. don't get me wrong the team is very good but we would have to get a drake, a tebo, a pavidis to see if we could be in the a main consistently.

now if you were to go back to the World's, was it last year, when Yannick should have won. There were not many Xrays there and yet he should have won the World Championship.

this is just my thoughts on this and don not mean anything bad about the team we have right now. keep up the great work guys and i know that we will see the 808 in the a-main at big races very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 17:01:50 

Did Wheeler actually have throttle servo issues in the buggy main? I think the TQ in the buggy class had the same issue as well driving a similar designed car. Seems strange and I know these guys know how to setup a servo.

Also, did I miss something but didn't it seem like Wheeler really stepped it up with the prototype car they had in the fall? I can't remember the race in AZ that he was at but it seemed like he was putting down the fastest lap times and really making a run against some of the best in the country. He did the same thing at the RC Pro Series finals as well. He seemed to be able to drive that car extremely hard and extremely well. Then all of the sudden they come out with a totally different car. Why did they stray from the prototype design? It doesn't really even seem to be close...if it is feel free to correct me. Besides the carbon fiber towers that is the only similarity I see.

Last edited by CMF on Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:31:16, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 17:14:07 

Thanks guys for the explaination, I just found it strange to see Hara a world class onroad driver reach the A in both classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 17:45:41 
team driver

Last edited by Leon McIntosh on Tue Mar 11, 2008 07:03:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 17:46:40 

Last edited by CMF on Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:29:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 17:48:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:20:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:42:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:49:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:22:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 21:49:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 22:04:41 

I'll admit that seeing XRAY in the magazines and on the list of chassis's in the A main at major events is nice, and good for the company I'm sure. And this may sound really cliche, but I wouldn't trade what we have here for anything! Like Bren said, where else do you have team drivers that interact with regular weekend racers on a daily basis?? They help all of us with everyday questions, issues, setups.....hell even parts availability! You ask a question on here and you get a response from people that KNOW and give a crap about whether we are happy with the car or not! The XRAY guys on here care whether we are successful at our local events and when we aren't then they are here to help make us better!! Even the "big wigs" at XRAY like Mario are on here answering US! I'm sorry, I just don't think I'd be willing to trade it to have a couple of "magazine" drivers out running our buggy or truggy. Having talked to Rocco and Leon at a race last year, their attitude seemed to be the same toward me in person as it was on here. Which I thought was GREAT, cuz who am I to be walking around in the pits bothering these guys that are trying to get ready for their next race?! But they didn't hesitate to sit and chat with me about the car and the race. I don't know about everyone else, but things like that make an impression on me and make me want to stay with XRAY.....much more than seeing them at the top of every A main. I know that the publicity from a big win is very good for business, but so is word of mouth....reputation....quality.....support...etc....and we should be out giving them that type of publicity! I'll get off my soapbox now, but this thread, and where it was going, just offended me a little and I'd hate to have this type of thread tick off the guys that help us all on a daily basis. I'd be ALOT more upset if I were to lose these guys than I would be if XRAY lost some big name magazine driver that acted like I was bothering him by asking him a question or two.

I don't know....just my $.02

And to the XRAY guys, I don't care if its the A main, B main, or C main.....if I'm at the race I'll be sitting behind Cody King's mother making sure you hear me yelling over her!! :wink:

Last edited by matt_xb8r on Tue Mar 11, 2008 05:51:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 01:15:54