[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - 21 or 28 for XT8

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 19:22:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 21 or 28 for XT8
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 08:35:16 

Just wondering what you guys think. I just received my new XT8 today and I'm completely up against the well or for the lack of a better turm on the fence as to weather I should go with a 21 or 28. The 21 i have in mind is the OS speed tune aluminum head and the 28 I like is the Ninja or GRP version of the Ninja. R/C Car has a really good artical on the OS speed this month and said it was probably the best motors you could buy for a truggy or buggy. In short they really like it alot. Should I be worried about a 21 not producing enough power for a truggy. or is this just the stupidest question ever asked. I know 21's are the choice size for buggies but this truggy thing is very new for me. Try not to bash me to hard, LOL

Last edited by Truggies on Sat Mar 01, 2008 16:37:27, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 09:57:45 

for me 21. I also run OS speed in both buggy & truggy, in my view you wont go far wrong but yes you will get bashed :wink:

Bren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:57:43 

in my truggie i'm going to be running a rb c6 bb7t with the 2045 pipe and when the 808 comes out it would go in it too for one year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:00:15 

I run the OS 28 more than enough power in fact sometimes too much but comming down from the Monster Truck class I couldent bear to go 21... lol

Choked the carb to 7mm and get good run times... My young lad who runs the EC will be running the Speed mag head soon and might try it..... But If i was to give any advice i would say go the 21 speed a great engine that holds a great tune...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 16:48:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 17:10:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 17:55:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 19:04:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 23:19:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 23:54:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 02:30:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 05:17:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 07:35:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 08:45:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 09:20:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:33:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 17:33:11 

Categories - Team Losi, GRP, Gas, Off Road, Racing, Drivers , trackback

Losi have announced that 2007 ROAR National Champion Adam Drake will campaign Mario Rossi Tuned engines from GRP through to 2010. Drake joins Losi factory drivers Mike Truhe and Yannick Aigoin who have previously announced their commitment to running GRP Engines. With the addition of Drake to the GRP lineup, the potential of a Losi/GRP 1-2-3 finish at the IFMAR 1/8th World’s is now stronger than ever. Drake commented on the announcement:

First of all, I want to thank Trinity for their support over the past 9 years, they have been a very important part of my racing success. I’m really excited for this new opportunity to race GRP engines and joining Yannick and Mike to focus the efforts of the Losi/GRP combination toward the 2008 Worlds.

Adam added that his engines will be powered by Losi Nitrotane Performance Engineered Fuel in 2008. Nitrotane fueled numerous wins by Losi drivers in 2007, and Drake is looking forward to racing with the powerful combination of GRP Engines and Nitrotane Fuel starting at the Dirt Nitro Challenge later this month.

Source: Losi [losi.com]

Looks like the GRP line may be around longer than some think. Signing Drake through 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 17:49:52 

This is my other choice. I may just bit the bullet and cough up the extra $$$$ for this one.

Oh and there is nothing on OS's sight about them taking over the Ninja/GRP line of motors from Mario Rossi.

Speed Tuned 21VZ-B V-Spec AL Engine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21VZ-B V-Spec AL Engine
OSMG2069
A new version of a popular powerhouse!
An aluminum heat sink head combined with special factory tuning makes this a more efficiently cooled .21 VZ-B V-Spec competition engine!

Aluminum transfers heat away from the crankcase more efficiently, for more consistent cooling.
The specially coated crankshaft features a precision ceramic bearing that greatly reduces friction – plus a Tungsten weight for added balance.
A double adjustment carb allows for ultra-fine tuning for demanding race conditions.
Available separately, the T-2060SC WN tuned silencer (OSMG2938) utilizes a welded-on pressure nipple, and was developed specifically for this engine.
Now you can select the high-performance .21 VZ-B V-Spec with your choice of heat sink head: lighter weight magnesium (OSMG2081), or cooler aluminum!

SPECIFICATIONS
Stock Number: OSMG2069
Displacement: 0.211 cu in (3.46 cc)
Bore: 0.653 in (16.6 mm)
Stroke: 0.630 in (16.0 mm)
Practical rpm range: 3,000-40,000
Output: 2.5 hp @ 34,000 rpm
Weight: 12 oz (345.5 g)
13894 21VZ-B V-Spec AL Parts Listing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 18:43:47 

Does anyone else know of this rumor that the NINJA line of motors will now be made avalible through OS Could it be that the motor i spoke of in the previous post infact may be the new version of the Ninja just with an OS badge on it. OS's sight does say its there new Powerhouse but nothing about it being the Mario Rossi engine. I do know that the GRP line is going to be distributed through Horizon/Losi. And that the GRP's are the Mario Rossi engines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 19:40:19 

ninja boss and falcon where all grp engines up till the end of last year . the new grp engine is a new design and badged by itself and no longer holds anything to do with boss or falcon or ninja........

the new ninja is a os based engine and is totally new thats prob why your part number has changed .
grp have said i read someplace that they will continue to produce parts for the old ninja engine line for the next 2 years so parts should not be an issue ....

a tuned 21 imo will out perform a 28 over a 30 min race . it feels smoother and uses less fuel .
i have one of the new grp engines here which i started running in today they seem nice .