[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Bigger is Better?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 19:26:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 00:32:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 01:27:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 01:46:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 05:35:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 05:40:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 06:13:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 16:08:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 17:19:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 17:43:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 18:12:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 07:43:46 

Still lovin the shocks..

JP4, Ninja .28 Mugen alum shoes with over a gallon with 1.0 springs.

(Special thanks to Indecline099 for taking this video)

(Special thanks to Verrga for taking this one)

These were both taken today...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 18:46:27 

Pictures from yesterday. I installed the Blue springs and really like them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 21:16:16 

I dont see the need for a .28 and from all your videos you just blip the throttle the entire time. Better throttle control in a .21 would run circles around that .28.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 22:51:24 

Why do ppl keep dogging the ninja .28 engine. Be happy with what you have and let the other ppl use what ever they want.... I have a .28 Ninja and will get me a .21 or if the new O.S. /Ninja .28 comes out and it is good I will get that instead.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 00:40:11 

Wasnt any knock on the engine but just some input on power usage by throttle control. I am not a real good driver but I have been doing much better and seems for me its all about throttle and when I turn marshal for the fast guys I see them do the same.

Would love to see that thing do some nice smooth laps around that track but it just seemed to bounce all over and nose up or pitch down ont he jumps from either being on or off throttle.

One other thing that could be wrong is the LSN seems lean. Several times while in the air you hear it whine and wrap up real high which I think was a reason it was having control issues with pitch.

My engine was way out of tune once and doing this, very annoying. Had to richen the LSN and all was well but that high pitch whine in the air is the LSN being too lean.

It really is amazing to see how forgiving a truggy is compared to buggy with mistakes. No way could I pull that off with my EC and still be on 4 wheels, lol. I have to really control throttle and be sure to pick the best lines on the track or I end keeping the turn marshalls really busy, lol.
I would love to see some Rocco or JB vids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 02:25:11 

The Ninja engine love to be run lean and hot. Trust me I had to have an open mind compare to what ppl say about turning engine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 03:51:15 

Sorry but that high pitch whine can be easily fixed with a richer LSN. Lean on the HSN maybe more then others and possibly higher temps more then others I understand but take a listen to that video again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 04:22:38 

That's not my race engine. The engine is fat in that video and coming off the track at 240, it likes to run at 260-280. I traded 1st and 2nd and finished second in my local club race yesterday. I'm not JB or Rocco, I watch them all the time, I might have video of Rocco in Austin from a couple weekends ago.

Let's see some killer video of you, you must be killer smooth and fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 05:17:59 

Didnt say fast but I sure dont stab the throttle 100x's around the track, lol. I have finally got to where I can run several laps and not crash but by no means have I been able to combine that with fast speed. That will come later as I gain more control over the car.

What are your run times with your style of driving?

I really have been watching the good guys and its amazing how slow they are yet get super fast lap times. By slow I mean the roll corners very controlled and dont blip throttles. In the end they will run circles around the others and its really amazing to watch them.

Again its the difference of a Truggy vs Buggy because you cant drive like that and keep it on all 4's very long. When I had my Revo I stabbed the throttle all the time to but going to buggy was a hard thing to learn and it really has to be about control then speed later.

Have you tried out a buggy yet?

PS the temps arent going to reflect your LSN setting being way off unless its really bad. My engine was temped perfectly but doing the same thing with that wind up mid air and killing my control and pitch of the car. I had the most problems after changing the fuel tubes to be like they are pictured in the manual. Found out it was a bad idea and 2x longer pressure tube then needed and very hard or impossible to tune. Went back to 7-8 inch pressure tube and started over but still had to richen the LSN on my B7 Pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 05:32:04 

I get 9 minutes with my race 21 and I was getting 7.5minutes with the Ninja this weekend. Last weekend I was running a JP4 on a loose track and it was really a handful. This weekend I ran a short NovaRosi header and a 086 pipe to smooth out the bottom. I'm by no means a expert driver and never claim to be. I'm joe six pack with a XT8. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next