[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Fitted my new Jammin super bores this weekend, pics!!!!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 00:30:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 19:15:32 

Whitey whats the part number for the stand offs you've used as I'm putting them on a XB8 EC Mate I'll be flying then :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 02:38:55 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 03:20:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 03:38:29 
team driver

There are some pretty cool pliers used mostly on RC Helicopters. They can not only push out ball cups easily but they also have two or three different diameter holes in them so you can grab shafts and hold them real tight without damage. Something like this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 03:53:43 

LOL, I have those!

I been using them to remove the ball ends and never realized they had that cut out. Its basically the same as I described for how I modded a pair of cutters but they work perfectly and fit around the shaft much nicer.

I will still polish them up and make sure there are no burrs but they will work better then what I had.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THS-Racing-Ball-Lin ... p1638.m118

I have these

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 15:45:28 

Just finished fitting mine :D :D :D

Just got to race them this weekend weather permitting :o

Tim :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 17:33:00 

So why did you go with super soft springs?

I would like to see what work you did to the arms and some pics of the clernace you were able to get by the shock tower.

It doesnt look like you did any dremel work on the arms. At full droop dont your spring retainers touch the arms?

I know I took a bit more then needed off my arms and the next time I wont go so much but there has to be some removed for those spring retainers to clear.

You used the short stand offs right?

Good choice in shocks man! Let me know how oyu liek them at the track since I took a break for a bit and am doing my other hobby of shooting for a bit. The cold weather at night isnt very fun to race in and things either break form the cold or the engine is hard to tune not to mention my hands not being able to take it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 19:05:25 

We have had nothing but great results with going soft springs and light oils. The times have been dropping as with the wieghts of the oil and springs :D

I've not done anything with the arms at all. If I went full droop I'd think that I would need to do a bit of work on them. Still got the right amount of droop I need for the track I'm on. I can give it a bit more if I need to as I've only put the short shock shaft ends on not the long ones.

Yeah I used the short stand offs on with no problem at all with clearance as you can see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 20:36:46 

Looks good man.

You could use a but of dremel work on the arms because they are touching a bit. I used the long rod ends which gave even more room but more importantly they limit a bit of uptravel to protect the bladders from being hti by the piston. If I ran the short rod ends I would likely put an O-ring on the shock shaft or something so the rod end would hit that first before they bottom out.

For the front shock tower I had to use a .3mm thick washer to clear the preload collar which just barely touched the tower. Other then that and the dremel work it was all pretty easy.

For the rear arms I did shave a hair off the arms to make them about 1mm shorter to move them back so that the rod ends would drop into place but that was getting pretty OCD with it. I do have them perfectly aligned which is good to know so I didnt mind putting in the time.

I will have to see how my setup works but med springs are about what was best before with the stock shocks so I assume its no different with these. Super soft springs would be a bit sluggish on my track with all the jumps and rough sections. I would be afraid it would bottom out too easily since our track likes big jumps and doubles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 23:26:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 06:33:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 06:37:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:19:37 

thanks for the report whitey. Did you seem to crash less and did they give you more confidence to hit the rough stuff and jumps?
Mine have arrived but the weather's not playing nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 17:26:44 

Actually now that you mention it I crashed alot less but since I am new I still was fighting not loosing control ect. The car seems pretty well dialed but I am sure when I get better I would benefit from some setup changes to make it perfect.

I didnt really have to think about any sections of the track giving me trouble until the end of the day when I evaluated the shocks in my head. I suppose thats a good thing and means they did their job well. I could tell that it jumped much better and the car didnt get upset at all really.

I really think the biggest benefit is that they feel the same for many laps and after a full day of pratice with them still feeling the same I cant complain.

Good choice daz and dont worry you will love them. Are you putting them on the buggy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 20:28:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 23:05:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 01:20:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 02:15:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 03:29:42 

If you have the piston drill bit kit ,which you should if you drilled the stock pistons to 4 holes, then I say go with 1.3 holes. The piston sets are either 1.4x6 or blanks that are pre-drilled at only 1.15mm so you can make them any size you want but not have to actually start your own hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 18:29:29 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next